Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova's M-Prime Damage

Grabehn

Well, as the title says, I was doing a T3 Defense when I noticed no chain reaction was happening after I shot an enemy, not even by firing at t, After asking I was told I wasn't the only one seeing that so I decided to take a further look into it.

At first I though it was the "hosting" problem that Ults had a couple of fixes ago, but as you can see below there was a bit of damage done to the Lancer on the left.

2d9tvyv.jpg

ab02l0.jpg

Afterwards I tested the skill myself on a Derelict Assassination (while not being host) and the skill worked as normal, tested as well on level 20 Grineer, which made me go lower in levels, and that's when I realized that the skill seems to have its damage abysmally decreased against shields, to the point were one explosion on a level 12 Crewman didn't even take out the shields of the level 11 one next to it

auf415.jpg2zqttzp.jpg2mmy3r6.jpg

Could this be a possible change in the way damage works for Nova's Ult or simply a weird new bug? Because just yesterday at the same levels enemies were exploding by dozens.

Edited by Grabehn

Maybe it's the long-awaited ****-******? Words are cut off by censure, just not to trigger %$#@-storm from her fans. 

On the other hand, MP without damage + Antimatter drop pumped by Lanka or anything with good DPS is still most powerful AoE nuke in game.

• 3 weeks later...

Does targetting a crewman head reduce incoming damage to shields? Might explain that one. 
And I believe corrupted lancers have a ridiculous armor value. Any damage on them that doesn't reduce armor just gets mitigated all to hell. especially at higher levels.  

I agree that it doesn't seem as reliable as it once was to obliterate the enemies. Perhaps it was OP before. I just can't find the update/hotfix where it was changed. I want to understand why it leaves some enemies untouched while destroying others around it. 

I understand it does blast damage which is 25% less effective vs ferrite armor and ancient healers. Still it shouldn't leave those enemies and some others (corpus) nearly untouched. Maybe there's a 10% chance any enemy is unaffected. I don't know! Just making things up now.