Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Fix The Under-Loved Codex.

Komatoast

Just a few comments/suggestions about the current state of the codex as I feel it's in need of some tlc.

- Corpus currently have 3 unknown/missing entries, they've been like that for a while now:

VhaL2bQl.jpg

- Grineer currently have 1 unknown/missing entry, this was the one added with U12:

FJNdkDsl.jpg

- The newly added enemy leaders have no codex entries, I scanned them several times but nothing shows up:

8k54o0Xl.jpg
0gsnePnl.jpg
ih4pSipl.jpg

- There are 2 frontier regulator entries while the normal regulator entry is missing.

GzqGBQNl.jpg
5u3ZzHBl.jpg

- There are unreleased/unobtainable mods still in codex, also a few currently owned mods are not showing up as owned, even though they were before (I have all mods in the bottom row).

s41KX0Ml.jpg

- There are a few objects that have yet to recveive icons/info for their codex entries:

SPZTBOEl.jpg

I whipped up something quick in photoshop out of boredom to see how it might look once completed:

E1fIFgwl.jpg

A small suggestion to improve the codex:

Something that always kinda bugged me about the codex was that there is no real bonus for using it. Why would someone use the codex when everything is available on the wiki complete with descriptions, resistances, weaknesses, locations, and mod drops? There should be an incentive for using the codex in game such as a bonus damage that applies to the enemies you've scanned 100%. Nothing game breaking but something like 10 - 20% that would make people want to use the codex. It doesn't have to be a damage multiplier either, it could be anything. Maybe something like they have lowered shields or a visible weak spot you can shoot for extra damage. Give us a reason to use the codex, make us want to get those 30 scans for that stupidly rare enemy, there has to be some reward/incentive in game for scanning everything.

Thanks for reading, have a good day eh.

EDIT: Some more ideas from the community

I would add:

1)  Warframe entries do not list sprint speed.  It seems like there is room for it, so, why is it missing?

2)  Weapon data is incomplete.  Dual mode weapons, such as chargeable weapons are missing either their normal or charged stats, as well as the wiki listing more information anyway.

3)  It's not too much to ask for a built in DPS calculator to list each weapons DPS alongside it's other stats.  Warframe Loadout

4)  Too much nesting.  No ability to compare stuff.

The codex is supposed to be an information source but it's more like a wax museum.  The information aspect is lacking. 

I support your ideas and have one piece of input of my own. One absolutely essential change I think is needed for the codex is ability information. A great example is Valkyr. Warcry: "rallying her foes and intimidating her allies." Paralysis: "Stuns and damages enemies around her."

This tells you almost nothing about how the ability works. I mean from Warcry you can gather its some kind of buff/debuff but that's it. Paralysis makes no mention of how your shields are involved and in the heat of battle a player may never notice these hidden mechanics. You really shouldn't be forced to alt-tab and look online to know how your abilities work.

Edited by Komatoast

One thing to mention in regards to leaders, from what ive heard so far the effects can be applied to any enemy randomly so creating codex listings for them would mean 2 listings for each type of enemy so isnt likely. Other than that i agree with whats been said, codex certainly needs more attention and a bunch of stuff is still able to be added.

I support your ideas and have one piece of input of my own. One absolutely essential change I think is needed for the codex is ability information. A great example is Valkyr. Warcry: "rallying her foes and intimidating her allies." Paralysis: "Stuns and damages enemies around her."

This tells you almost nothing about how the ability works. I mean from Warcry you can gather its some kind of buff/debuff but that's it. Paralysis makes no mention of how your shields are involved and in the heat of battle a player may never notice these hidden mechanics. You really shouldn't be forced to alt-tab and look online to know how your abilities work.

Yes you do. It's very small though and isn't very important.

Is this confirmed? I thought all we got was that shiny star. Which is really shiny :O

t6WKl6Q.jpg

One thing to mention in regards to leaders, from what ive heard so far the effects can be applied to any enemy randomly so creating codex listings for them would mean 2 listings for each type of enemy so isnt likely. Other than that i agree with whats been said, codex certainly needs more attention and a bunch of stuff is still able to be added.

That would make sense, but they could do something like if you scan any leader however many times it will tell you about all the different variants, maybe have one for each faction. Steve said he wanted the codex to be a good way to learn about everything warframe while in the game and not having to run to the wiki for everything. They added a couple things here and there but nothing that really makes it what Steve said he wanted it to be. Feels like they added it and forgot about it D:

Just a few comments/suggestions about the current state of the codex as I feel it's in need of some tlc.

- Corpus currently have 3 unknown/missing entries, they've been like that for a while now:

VhaL2bQl.jpg

- Grineer currently have 1 unknown/missing entry, this was the one added with U12:

FJNdkDsl.jpg

- The newly added enemy leaders have no codex entries, I scanned them several times but nothing shows up:

8k54o0Xl.jpg
0gsnePnl.jpg
ih4pSipl.jpg

- There are 2 frontier regulator entries while the normal regulator entry is missing.

GzqGBQNl.jpg
5u3ZzHBl.jpg

- There are unreleased/unobtainable mods still in codex, also a few currently owned mods are not showing up as owned, even though they were before (I have all mods in the bottom row).

s41KX0Ml.jpg

- There are a few objects that have yet to recveive icons/info for their codex entries:

SPZTBOEl.jpg

I whipped up something quick in photoshop out of boredom to see how it might look once completed:

E1fIFgwl.jpg

Something that always kinda bugged me about the codex was that there is no real bonus for using it. Why would someone use the codex when everything is available on the wiki complete with descriptions, resistances, weaknesses, locations, and mod drops? There should be an incentive for using the codex in game such as a bonus damage that applies to the enemies you've scanned 100%. Nothing game breaking but something like 10 - 20% that would make people want to use the codex. It doesn't have to be a damage multiplier either, it could be anything. Maybe something like they have lowered shields or a visible weak spot you can shoot for extra damage. Give us a reason to use the codex, make us want to get those 30 scans for that stupidly rare enemy, there has to be some reward/incentive in game for scanning everything.

iVMDiHA.gif

Is this confirmed? I thought all we got was that shiny star. Which is really shiny :O

DE Steve said it did on one of the livestreams. Though that feature could have been removed but when the codex first installed I did notice the sudden boost on weak spots when I first finished my Lancer entries. My Braton which usually never crits was doing a lot of crit on the lancer's head.

VhaL2bQl.jpg

FJNdkDsl.jpg

8k54o0Xl.jpg
0gsnePnl.jpg
ih4pSipl.jpg

GzqGBQNl.jpg
5u3ZzHBl.jpg

s41KX0Ml.jpg

SPZTBOEl.jpg

E1fIFgwl.jpg

iVMDiHA.gif

That is glorious, made my day thank you!

post-19101-Flaming-Moes-upvote-gif-Simps

DE Steve said it did on one of the livestreams. Though that feature could have been removed but when the codex first installed I did notice the sudden boost on weak spots when I first finished my Lancer entries. My Braton which usually never crits was doing a lot of crit on the lancer's head.

Interesting, I'm gonna give this a try and see if it's still works.

Interesting, I'm gonna give this a try and see if it's still works.

I think it still does. I'll have to record weak spot damages again once the new enemies are put in because I have already finished the Codex. (cept those random entries that have no scannable enemy.)

• 4 weeks later...

VhaL2bQl.jpg

FJNdkDsl.jpg

8k54o0Xl.jpg
0gsnePnl.jpg
ih4pSipl.jpg

GzqGBQNl.jpg
5u3ZzHBl.jpg

s41KX0Ml.jpg

SPZTBOEl.jpg

E1fIFgwl.jpg

Yes I noticed COOLANT LEAK Mod does not show up for me either as owned when I do own it. I have 2 in fact. Also all those mods that end with "amp" I have never seen like shotgun amp etc. These are small fixes that need to be looked at. Thanks for your post.