Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Real Radiation Warframe (Warframe Concept)

_Fracture8

I was hoping for a radiation Warframe in the more traditional sense (Atomic bombs, Nuclear fallout etc). I mean Oberon is cool and all, but it's not really "Radiation", instead being more of a holy light power set, which doesn't really give the overall feel of the destructive nature of Radiation. So here's what my ideal Rad Warframe would be...

Boring backstory inbound*

A versatile warframe with many crowd control and damage abilties, designed to bring confusion and high damage to the playing fields. Raedon, much like his element, is higly unstable. Being subject to the Grineer's brutal Warframe replication regime. The Grineer scientist's implanted unstable nuclear rods all over his arms and back, in an effort to produce a power supply to fuel the Frame. Nevertheless after multiple attempts it worked, resulting in a Grineer/Tenno hybrid that utilities his new-found power effectively.

End of backstory, you are free now*

Name: Raedon

Shields/Health: Fairly average shields (125), below average health (90)  with high armour (150)

1) Ejection (cost 25): Grabs a nuclear rod from his back and hurls it forwards at high speed. Dealing 100/150/200 Puncture damage on enemy contact with a 100% Radiation proc chance. On top of this, if the affected enemy

is killed with the rod still attached they will explode upon death dealing 200 blast damage within a 5m radius.

2) Gamma Burst (cost 50): Raedon thrusts his palm forward and emits a 180 degree spray of Gamma rays that targets enemies. On contact, each ray will deal 50 Radiation damage with a 100% proc chance. 10/15/20 Gamma rays can be released in one use.

2a) Meltdown (cost 50): Pretty much the exact same as Gamma burst, but with Fire damage instead of Radiation damage with a full 360 degree effect. Instead of Gamma rays, Radeon would emit white-hot sparks from the rods implanted into his back.

3) Fallout (cost 75): Raedon exhumes suprising amounts of thick fallout all over his body, a toxic trail of nuclear gasses and ash will follow Raedon wherever he moves, the toxic material will remain long after Raedon has left. Allowing players to "construct walls" of high damage barriers (Imagine shooting a rapid-fire Torid behind you as you walk). The clouds will deal 100/150/200 Gas damage per tick. The clouds will last 10/15/20 seconds after spawning. The casting duration will last 3/5/7 seconds. (Only the cloud lifetime will be affected by power duration mods)

4) Critical Mass (cost 100): Raedon collects two nuclear rods from his back, holding one in each hand. 

Raedon slams them together with great force, resulting in the rods detonating due to critical mass. A blinding white light flashes briefly across the screen, the resulting explosion dealing variable amounts of damage depending on the distance from the detonation. (Max range 30m. damage is seperated into 3 "rings" around Raedon, the damage will be equal Radiation and Blast damage.

The inner ring (5m radius) will deal a whopping 1000/1500/2000 blast/rad damage.

The middle ring (15m radius) will deal 500/750/1000 blast/rad damage.

The outer ring (30m radius) a measley 100/175/250 blast/rad damage).

However any damage dealt will result in a blast proc, allowing Raedon to recover from his position. 

Any good?

Edited by KilelrDrone492

A radiation-based frame seems like a great idea, and I like your ideas for abilities. My only problem is with the name. You could name it after a type of radiation, like "Gamma", or you could go historical like they did with Vauban and call it "Cherenkov" or something. Other than the name, awesome idea.

Just to get this out of the way first, if I had to name it something, I would name it Chernobyl.

Now that that's out of the way...

The backstory seems quite solid, oddly enough. Usually when you find these "hybrid" warframes, their stories have more holes in them than Swiss cheese, but this one holds water quite well.

I feel like at earlier levels, say up until you pass Venus, the first ability seems a bit OP. But that can't be helped, everything in the game works like that. A+.

I would go for Gamma Burst for ability #2, simply because a 360 degree area of fire doesn't fit quite as well. Seems a lot like Fire Blast, y'know? The radiation makes much more sense in context.

I love Fallout, plain and simple. There's not much that can be said about it. Persistent warframe element trails. All is well here.

And now, Critical Mass.

Genius.

Either you did it unintentionally or you are a god, but you made the classic AoE area "nuke" LITERALLY A NUKE.

Not only that, but a balanced nuke too. Massive damage close up, but a large amount of fallout—heh—at range, stopping it from becoming godmodebutton. All in all, I love this frame. Seems like you actually put a decent amount of thought into it, and I applaud you.

Edited by NeverEatTheLemonsAlone

Because light is a form of radiation. Praise the sun.

still irrelevant where does it say oberon is a master of light or a master of excited particles attaining higher then normal levels of energy?

in that sense  rhino is also a master at the art of radiation because he has particles when he stomps and roars and w/e the hell it is a rhino actually does.

A radiation-based frame seems like a great idea, and I like your ideas for abilities. My only problem is with the name. You could name it after a type of radiation, like "Gamma", or you could go historical like they did with Vauban and call it "Cherenkov" or something. Other than the name, awesome idea.

I based the name off of the nuclear element "Radon", just edited the name slightly to make it seem a little more casual

this is awesome, but this is just good vs grineers now? if the grineers created/reversed engineered this, why would they put radiation if their bombards and other heavies is weak against radiation?

Why did the corpus make shock prods that was only really effective against their own technology? I tried putting blast and gas into the abilities to make it a little more versatile against other factions, but hey things could always be reworked.

Just to get this out of the way first, if I had to name it something, I would name it Chernobyl.

Now that that's out of the way...

The backstory seems quite solid, oddly enough. Usually when you find these "hybrid" warframes, their stories have more holes in them than Swiss cheese, but this one holds water quite well.

I feel like at earlier levels, say up until you pass Venus, the first ability seems a bit OP. But that can't be helped, everything in the game works like that. A+.

I would go for Gamma Burst for ability #2, simply because a 360 degree area of fire doesn't fit quite as well. Seems a lot like Fire Blast, y'know? The radiation makes much more sense in context.

I love Fallout, plain and simple. There's not much that can be said about it. Persistent warframe element trails. All is well here.

And now, Critical Mass.

Genius.

Either you did it unintentionally or you are a god, but you made the classic AoE area "nuke" LITERALLY A NUKE.

Not only that, but a balanced nuke too. Massive damage close up, but a large amount of fallout—heh—at range, stopping it from becoming godmodebutton. All in all, I love this frame. Seems like you actually put a decent amount of thought into it, and I applaud you.

Nukes were the theme, planned to go through with it all the way XD. Anyway, I'm rather tired of the usual "Press 4 to win at life" scenario that plagues the game at the moment. Planned to make it a bit more tactical, requiring close combat to make Critical Mass more effective. Fallout was just an idea that sprung up as I was writing, and originally didn't plan to put it in. By your response I'm glad I did lol. Anyway, thanks for the feedback

10/10 would play and potato

edit: why did you even mention oberon?

Because a good majority of his abilities deal radiation damage, making him the current radiation based Warframe. Although when I play as him I feel like blowing some stuff up and wrecking some serious S#&$ upon my enemies instead of putting on a light show. (And lets be honest, his 2 and 3 is very situational at best, I wanted something more versatile.)

• 1 month later...

This was my idea for some Radiation Warframe Abilities.

Name: Geiger

Ability 1: Gamma Burst- Emits a ray of radioactive energy, dealing damage to a single target, making it radioactive causing damage to other nearby enemies.
Ability 2: Half-Life- Reduces the health of all enemies in a radius to half of their current hp.
Abilty 3: Fallout- Irradiates the surrounding area, dealing damage per second, also may cause confusion among enemies so they attack each other.
Ability 4: Nuclear Fission- Geiger is essentially the center of a nuclear explosion, incinerating any nearby enemy and creating a Fallout effect in the surrounding area.

I applaud this idea, Not only does it seem to be fairly well structured but it's a interesting concept and I think it would be interesting to see how DE would introduce him if he were made

The only thing I can think of is The Critical Mass, Flashing lights should be avoided if possible in the game industries, after all people are susceptible to Seizures, with Bright flashing lights being a primary cause [One of possible reasons why Light Flicker off when an Assassin spawns, Behind the Intimidation, and why Light traps no longer blinded after a hotfix when they were introduced, as for Salad V's Blinding beam, No clue there] So perhaps instead a bright flash there could be an alternative way to have it happen

Other than that I can't think of Any negative thing of this concept

This was my idea for some Radiation Warframe Abilities.

Name: Geiger

Ability 1: Gamma Burst- Emits a ray of radioactive energy, dealing damage to a single target, making it radioactive causing damage to other nearby enemies.

Ability 2: Half-Life- Reduces the health of all enemies in a radius to half of their current hp.

Abilty 3: Fallout- Irradiates the surrounding area, dealing damage per second, also may cause confusion among enemies so they attack each other.

Ability 4: Nuclear Fission- Geiger is essentially the center of a nuclear explosion, incinerating any nearby enemy and creating a Fallout effect in the surrounding area.

Got a link to it?