Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Warframe Mods Feedback & Suggestions

88th_Phantom

Hey there, Tenno (It's been a long while since I posted any constructive feedback for this).

I've been going through my warframe mods over and over, trying to decide what mod i can use to fill that one last slot on my warframes and I've noticed when going through the list that are a good few mods which I just straight up ignore simply because their benefit is not worth the mod slot - even if it's just an extra mod for a complete build.

A few of the prime suspects for this are Acrobat, Handspring, Warm Coat and Shield flux.

(There are also the melee related mods, but I have faith that Melee 2.0 will make greater use of these)

Acrobat - reduces the stamina cost for wall running...just wall running. This just begs the obvious question of why shouldn't I use mods like Marathon or Quick Rest if I'm worried about my stamina  consumption.

The simplest way to make this useful is for the reduced stamina cost to apply to all acrobatic maneuvers so it includes rolling, back flips etc. couple this with reducing the mod cost by 2 points, making it max out at 7 mod points.

This would make it a good supplement for more defensive evasion tactics where running around isn't entirely necessary, but dodging the incoming bombard rockets is.

Handspring - Increases knockdown recovery speed by replacing the normal animation with a quick-flip recovery. This sounds great on paper, replacing the normal knock down with a quick recovery, but falls flat (pun not intended) when it only applies to the getting up part of the animation and not the whole recovery stage, making no more than about a second difference to the whole situation. For a 6-9 point, Rare standard mod card this doesn't quite cut it.

This would be best remade into a more effective mod by having it override the recovery animation with a new one that actually makes the warframe recovery from the knock down stage during the fall:

When a Shockwave MOA flings you backwards into the air, your warframe pulls a back flip and lands on their feet,

When a blast knocks you forwards, your warframe rolls into a recovery,

When you get shield bashed or charged into the floor, your warframe hunkers into a near crouching position to resist falling over.

This one is asking a lot, but i'm asking that the mode is worth its weight in rarity and actually saves people lives when they get swarmed by knockdown effects in higher tier missions (and that is does so in the most ninja way possible).

Warm Coat - reduces the impact of ice levels on shields ... oh dear...

Frozen levels are a pain and the reduction to shields is never welcome, so having a mod that reduce this effect is an excellent idea right?.. Not at a maximum of 12% efficiency it isn't and even then there are flaws to this; Ice hazards are an extremely situational occurrence that have one quick fix (leaving the game, restarting the mission). So for this mod to cost 9 points and only save you 36/~120 points of your 300-1000+ shields is fairly laughable.

The quickest resolve for this is to either make it have 15-20% efficiency per rank and/or combine with Insulation, otherwise there is little to no reason why this mod should ever be used or exist.

Shield Flux - Converts shields into stamina when your all out of stamina - this one is more of a personal peeve, but it still seems backwards to me.

Riddle me this - it is so vital that you use this mod because you need to run away from something shooting you, right?

okay, so you will then start to siphon your shields on top of taking damage so you can sprint a little more?

Wouldn't it be better if it simple converted any lost damage on shields into stamina as soon as your stamina starts going down - that way when you take damage and need to run, the damage your taking is fueling your escape?

See what I mean? Simply change it from a siphon mod into a conversion mod and reduce the effectiveness slightly so it doesn't make other stamina mods redundant for combat.

Hopefully this could stop some of these mods being ignored where there's actually some potential for them.

Discuss freely what you think and tell me a few recommendations yourself if you wish.

Thanks for your time.

^

I know what you mean about mods like Provoked and Undying Will, but I avoided them because they do actually work well in tandem with each other, even if it is only used by a (very) small number of users. The potential DPS boost of the combo is incredible and especially useful when a reliable team is at hand to pick you back up when it's needed. Sure, it seems stupid having these two mods 'encouraging' bleed out tactics but at the very least they do have their place.

That and you just don't mess with a guy that can do over double damage with no aggro for nearly 30 seconds.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...