Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Handspring Revamp / Active Recovery

Deidaku

Hey DE ; so with melee 2.0 we can expect a lot of cool stuff ,
But there's a mechanic that's been missing in the game that I find really strange : active recovery directional recovery counter recovery attacks

Active recovery
basically when your tenno is knocked down , we should have the ability to recover quickly by pressing the dodge button at the right moment ( like in smash bros)

Directional recovery
This is pretty common in a lot of action oriented games = you're knocked down and can roll in a direction before getting back up , very common mechanic that the game is lacking

Counter recovery
And if the recovery fails and a special unit sent your @$$ flying on the ground , and you're surrounded by enemies that keep attacking you on the floor
-> your tenno rises back up while doing a special small radius aoe move with knock back kinda like this picture
tumblr_mn9uf9q7hI1rnvb0co1_500.gif

TL:DR : when knocked down , tenno can either spring back up with a backflip before lying on the floor , or if knocked down completely , can get back up with a aoe counter attack to avoid being swarmed by enemies ( like in a lot of beat them up or hack and slash games) The tenno can run on walls ; have superpowers but can't get up faster ???

=> this shouldn't happen http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3426412447532129290/41BA705E36663835856853C1FA072E9B95089344/

A skilled player should have the option to flip back up backwards and shoot the enemy instead of being a living ninja carpet

EDIT: DE iknow you've played smash bros ! This mechanic is essential!!!

EDIT2 : A new issue is rising amongst players = how on earth are we going to fight heavies properly without this? They'll just use their radial smash and our combos will keep breaking and so will the pace of the game 

EDIT 3 :  Fighting heavies is till extremely risky( at very high levels . And breaks the combos as expected. the tenno just auto blocks............

So what do you guys think ? please leave some feedback!

And to DE

If you've read this at least respond to why you won't add it or if you plan to do so please

Edited by Deidaku

Yeah, we need something like this in..

uhh...

Parkour and Movement/Animations 2.0?

My vote is cast for this after Melee 2.0 is buffed and polished.

It's kinda part of melee 2.0 ,it's a close range aoe melee Attack , but I understand , we'll have to wait and see the progress of parkour 2.0 ( dat excalibur ice skating though) 

Can't wait to press the Doge Button.

Such press.

EDIT: Seriously though. I could definitely go for better recovery in general. Rather tired of the Shield Lancer trains I seem to encounter every mission.

Yeah currently if you're knocked down against any faction by the way ,at high levels you're screwed in a matter of seconds I really hope DE adds this at some point , it's really lacking 

Actually, if they want to make melee more viable, they have to take this in count ...

It wont be viable if you can easily kill high level ennemies but they can still rape you if they knock you down. 

my point exactly : you 're doing ninja combo stuff : bam a shield lancer breaks your killing spree and a napalm finishes you on the ground while the butchers hack your body away.....this is not good at all 

doge button

*smacks Deidaku over with a dictionary*

On a more serious note: I wouldn't introduce a new button to dodge, rather than give Block a second use. (I just don't know how hard this would be to code.) Other than that, I really like the idea. 

Of course, it might render Handspring/Constitution and Sure Footed/Fortitude more or less obsolete. On the other hand, it opens up the possibility to decide - whether you want to train your reactions and go without these mods or leave it to the system and equip them.

Counter recovery

And if the recovery fails and a special unit sent your &#! flying on the ground , and you're surrounded by enemies that keep attacking you on the floor 

-> your tenno rises back up while doing a special small radius aoe move with knock back  kinda like this picture 

This^, i watched all the episodes of samurai champloo :D

+1 from me 

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

• 2 weeks later...

Hey DE ; so with melee 2.0 we can expect a lot of cool stuff , finisher combos , aerial combos , air launching attacks and so on.

But there's a mechanic that's been missing in the game that I find really strange : active recovery  directional recovery  counter recovery attacks

Active recovery

basically when your tenno is knocked down , we should have the ability to recover quickly by pressing the dodge button at the right moment ( like in smash bros) 

Directional recovery

This is pretty common in third person games = you're knocked down and can roll in a direction before getting back up , very common mechanic that the game is lacking

Counter recovery

And if the recovery fails and a special unit sent your &#! flying on the ground , and you're surrounded by enemies that keep attacking you on the floor 

-> your tenno rises back up while doing a special small radius aoe move with knock back  kinda like this picture 

TL:DR : when knocked down , tenno can either spring back up with abackflip before lying on the floor , or if knocked down completely , can get back up with a aoe counter attack to avoid being swarmed by enemies ( like in a lot of fighting games)  The tenno can run on walls  ; have superpowers but can't get up faster ???

So what do you guys think ? please leave some feedback!

we need a those... push "A" & "D" continously to recover function... more player-interaction.

While that is awesome to have...but i rather have them work/expand on the current block/roll mechanic..

still...i can't imagine the horror of 4 tenno doing "chung li" bicycle kick@break dance side by side lol

Decent dodgerolls and knockdown recovery moves have been clamoured for since the very start, and never have DE even acknowledged that their lack is a problem, let alone done anything about it, despite countless suggestions for implementation and animation.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Decent dodgerolls and knockdown recovery moves have been clamoured for since the very start, and never have DE even acknowledged that their lack is a problem, let alone done anything about it, despite countless suggestions for implementation and animation.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

But it's got to be part of melee 2.0. If it's not in it , its absence will be too obvious 

But it's got to be part of melee 2.0. If it's not in it , its absence will be too obvious 

I'll bet money that either a)They won't be, or b)They will, but their execution will be so poor as to not solve the knockdown/stun overuse problem at all.