Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Idea For Gun Kata.

Sasquatchias

So this isn't all too well thought out, but I'd figured I might as well try to think up a way gun kata could work in Warframe. And sorry if this seems like its just copy and pasting the melee system, as it totally is.

So my idea for implementing Gun Kata is to have it introduced much like the melee stances. However unlike the stances the Gun Kata stances will have two-four mod slots, placed there for mods that directly affect the Gun Kata mode.

The way the stances and Gun Kata mode work:

You will not immediately be able to enter into a stance or Gun Kata mode at the beginning of a mission. Instead you play as you normally do, but as you kill enemies/inflict damage you will fill what will be called a Battle Meter, which will act as a second energy bar.

Once the Battle Meter is filled you can then use a new keybind to enter Gun Kata Mode, which will change your animations along with adding new effects. One thing to note is that activating Gun Kata Mode will not drain your entire Battle Meter, only a portion of it, which can also be effect by mods.

When you enter Gun Kata Mode you will no longer be able zoom. Instead RMB will be used for the Gun Kata combos, or more accurately, Dances.

To do a dance you must first press and hold both LMB and RMB, then press RMB as the Dance requires.

Example: LMB + RMB -->RMB RMB RMB

Example 2: LMB + RMB --> RMB RMB (Hold) RMB RMB.

Different dances give different animations, but also give different advantages. Some dances will cause you to fire more in a cone like fashion in front of you, some may even have you do full 360 degree attacks.

All dances will give a new "Dodge" stat, which will be a percentage chance of your Warframe "dodging" enemy fire (or not taking damage from it.)

While in Gun Kata Mode you also gain the combo multiplier, only it tracks kills instead of hits.

While in Gun Kata Mode killing enemies will still fill the Battle Meter.

Gun Kata Mode lasts for a duration, but so long as you have the necessary amount in the Battle Meter, you'll be able to enter into it immediately again.

The Gun Kata stances will also have 2-4 mod slots, allowing you to alter it a bit. An example would be a mod to increase the "Dodge" stat, or to reduce the cost of activating it.

Sorry if this is not well explained, or if straight up plagiarized from the new melee system.

basically your watched equilibrium, thought that's cool lets throw it in warframe. while its cool i don't think it would work as its complete bollocks in anything other then perfectly choreographed sequences.

how every some improvements to the shooty shooty mechanics would be nice.

Edited by Toddwjp

gun-kata-o.gif

tumblr_lrdb82FDLM1qdku5lo1_500.gif

Gun Kata has to be one of the cheesiest things I've seen in films ever.  lol.

XD

It's good cheese though, like a nice sharp cheddar! Despite the cheese factor and its sheer impracticality, it's fun to watch.

On topic: As I said in the other thread on this topic, something like Gun Kata would only really work in Warframe as an Ult, like Ash's Bladestorm. See a mob, press 4, and proceed to look cool while everything in the room dies to a pair of special handguns.

A gun-themed 'Frame...that actually would be kinda interesting...

• 1 month later...

I can do Gun Kata, want to know how?

I took my gun and hit you in the face with it, so you will have no teeth to bad-mouth this concept and Gun Kata in general. now please support the man, it's a nice idea. +1

• 3 months later...

I think a better system for having more than one Secondary would be the following:

[Equip certain Mod / Spend Focus point in specialization]

- Unlocks ability to equip another, non-akimbo secondary in a new secondary slot that becomes available if you have a non-akimbo secondary weapon equipped in the slot.

Swap between primary and secondary by pressing F.

Reload active secondary by pressing R. Swap between secondaries by holding R.

Swapping speed is affected by 'Speed Holster' aura mod.

Secondaries draw from the same ammo pool, and 'Trick Mag' mod does not stack. Neither does 'Pistol Ammo Mutation'.

Secondaries equipped in such a way override the Arsenal's rule of not being allowed to have the same, identical mod on more than one gun. (still applies for Sentinels)

I believe this system to be easy enough to understand and would make a good addition to the game, allowing a greater degree of loadout customization/specialization (i.e. one secondary long-range semi auto, while another may be a machine pistol).

Edited by DAttila