Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immersive Missions

Zareek

For a while now, I've been running through missions, thinking just how empty all these spaceship feels like. NOTHING is going on in these spaceships. So I started wondering, how could they possibly add some life and atmosphere to these tile sets? Well I have some ideas that I thought I would share with everyone else:

General ideas

Workers:

Basically, these workers does inventory and organize crates & weapons. They will mainly be located in hangars and storage rooms, but will also carry supplies from point A to B.

Robot lifts/loader:

These robots will be located in hangers or other big areas. They will carry large crates and/or other heavy objects. I got this idea from Half Life:

Half-LifeLoaderPapercraft_zpsd6f26be6.jp

Maintenance corpus (Janitor):

Coverop on our forum, made a cool image of a corpus janitor. Not a bad idea id say, to have maintenance corpus & grineer work on the ships to add some life into the game. Maybe have them communicate with the other Corpus & Grineer, and/or make them interactive with the Tenno during a mission. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/239165-new-corpus-enemy/

Preparing an invasion:

I always imagined, going into the hangars, how cool it would be to have massive formations of grineer or corpus, waiting for an invasion. Perhaps even higher ranked corpus/grineer among them. Pretty much something like this:

return-of-the-jedi-388_zpsb2acc917.png

Conversations / Idle enemies:

Have enemies do random things when they aren't expecting a Tenno visit. Have them talk to eachother, have them take a seat  on a bench, WHATEVER. There are millions of things they could be doing. Which leads me to my next idea.

Sleeping quarters & Cafeteria:

I always thought it was a bit odd that our enemies has no where to sleep or relax. I know it's kind of a stretch to add something like this into the game, but having these type of rooms would add more potential for immersive life onboard these spaceships.

Dark rooms + enemy flashlights

Maybe the lights broke, or maybe a Tenno has sabotaged the lights (hack maybe). It's total darkness, and the enemy would have to navigate through the hallways with flashlights to see what is going on. This would be awesome for stealth missions or just overall immersion.

Enemies using their lockers

Why not have corpus actually using their lockers? Those big locker rooms seems to server no purpose other than supplying us with ammo and materials.

These were just some of the ideas I had. I have more but I'm kinda skeptical about those, so I will leave them out. There are probably a lot of arguments against my ideas, and that is absolutely fine. I just thought I'd share my ideas, so that maybe DE or other warframe players would think of more cools things to improve the game.

Zareek out

Edited by Zareek

This is sort of the reason why I really liked the "Cargo Moa" concept. Also Janitor corpus would be hilarious (there is that one image floating around, the shopped one of the yellow corpus sniper with a mop instead of a rifle).

For Grineer though... I feel like they'd task the rejects with cleaning, or just re purpose rollers or something.

For Grineer though... I feel like they'd task the rejects with cleaning, or just re purpose rollers or something.

I've heard on a few occasions that they have the slaves and stuff doing these things for them. it would be pretty interesting if were going through the shipyard tile-sets and encountered the civilians. maybe have a hacking system that helps to set them free. they run for cover or the exit and maybe they have a chance of leaving behind resources as thanks for saving them.

I've heard on a few occasions that they have the slaves and stuff doing these things for them. it would be pretty interesting if were going through the shipyard tile-sets and encountered the civilians. maybe have a hacking system that helps to set them free. they run for cover or the exit and maybe they have a chance of leaving behind resources as thanks for saving them.

Not a bad idea. Perhaps a rescue mission where several slaves are involved