Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still Feel Like De Has The Wrong Priorities.

Innocent_Flower

To some extent, This is an update of an older thread by me, but the thing is the vast majority of it still stands. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/230646-it-frustrates-me-that-de-are-so-agonizingly-slow-at-sorting-their-work-out/

After the thread was concluded, Rebecca told me she'd bring the stuff up to the rest of DE. If she did, I think it was ignored, because almost nothing there has been fixed and the thread seems to have made little impact on DE.  

- Mods are still terribly balanced. That 2.5% status chance mods are still there. Everyone knows that needs a fix, especially when event mods are offering 15% per level. 

- Event mods still aren't in the drop tables, even though they've got several levels and were advertised as 'rare' mods. 

-Assassination missions are getting a lot of work done on them, even though survival and defense are the most played gamemodes and common enemies still suck.

- Corrupted enemies are still in the alpha stage. The void has been out for how long and the corrupted lancer is still a white butcher with a DERA. You know that's wrong. When asked about the corrupted enemies in devstream 30, the team clearly had no intention on updating them. Something like "yeah, we'l make corrupted variants of these enemies". Well that's nice and all but WE'VE HAD ALL THESE GRINEER AND CORPUS AND INFESTED THAT HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE CLOSED BETA AND NONE OF THEM ARE IN. The only thing that's perfectly transitioned into the void is the heavy gunner. One unit. Thing is, putting an enemy such as the trooper into the void takes very, very little effort (in comparison to making a new gun or something) you copy the enemy, change the faction, make him white and add him to the spawn list. SIMPLES. 

- Despite melee 2.0 being out for some time now, almost every melee enemy in the game is still a variant of the butcher. Other than ancients, the infested have no meaningful destinguishment from one another other than body shape and that runners are totaly worthless.  Even before melee 2.0 it was obvious that melee enemies need a rework, becaise they were so inconsequential and most of them died by stupidly stepping into the bulletstream.

New weapons (half of them useless) apear frequently, whilst things newer, more interesting and affecting the game on a whole is often far slower.  

Defence rewards are still being 'talked about'. Void RNG is evil (doesn't help that of all tilesets getting interception missions, void doesn't, when Void interception would realy unclutter the drop tables. ) (if all of the next update's prime stuff goes into a new void interception key, I'm going to be disappointed in DE, that'd be a S#&$- tier move)  

- There's still no shader to colour the gold of prime. Don't tell me it's not lore friendly, I can make my tenno a Neon Pink and green abomination with the infested pallet and yet I can't recolour my prime gold? I farmed hours/Spent cash for this!  Same goes for how the phased stuff (particularly the syndana) and the Wraith/Raknis syndana. Popular opinion  is; Most regular weapons look nicer than their Forced Dark-edgy Red black things. This isn't even due to a lack of shaders anymore, this is just damn texturework. 

- Most of the warframe mods are completely useless; Because who'd choose thieves wit or heat resistance over survivability and power augments?

-Common mods like vitality are still in the defence mission rewards.EXP is still given in the daily log in awards. Might as well get nothing. Every player has a vitality before they find a defense mission and EXP rewards are good for nobody, They offer very little and if you look at it the other way: they rob from the fun times you have getting XP for the thing. 

The most common stance mods are for niche weapons (scythe, fist, stave, machete) whilst stances for common weapons are rare.  also Gleaming talon is a rare drop from leech ospreys. WHY?

Ammo pools are still terrible. Powerful single shot weapons will never run out (ogris still uses rifle ammo!) whilst anything that shoots fast with bad damage will be gone instantly (Supra lasts seconds) 

-The gear system is still awful. Full team health restores are very impersonal and do little to promote teamwork. 
-Hobbled is still a thing. Surely a replacement would have been figured out by now. Hobbled is an issue because all it does is slow you down. Both literally and metaphorically. Hobbled doesn't just add a challenge, hobbled punishes you and the rest of your team who are waiting for you. 

It's not good is it. Yes a kubrow pet might be awesome, but a kubrow requires a lot of work whilst current enemy updates takes less, better tenno movements would take less and mod balance just doesn't take anything in comparison. 
Edited by Innocent_Flower

Dark sectors were the excitement of devstream 29 for me. Something that looked like it'd keep me in warframe whilst for the months in which PVE won't be fixed.  Player ships came across as "well, they've got the right idea in giving new players four starting planets, but the rest of the ship and the ui is unnecessary" 

- Most of the warframe mods are completely useless; Because who'd choose thieves wit or heat resistance over survivability and power augments?

> unless DE put acceptable drop on some locker such as mods, so i agreed with you this point

- Mods are still terribly balanced. That 2.5% status chance mods are still there. Everyone knows that needs a fix, especially when event mods are offering 15% per level.

> this still imbued with firerates and weapon magazine, so i think its fine the way it is.

- Common mods like vitality are still in the defence mission rewards.EXP is still given in the daily log in awards. Might as well get nothing. Every player has a vitality before they find a defense mission and EXP rewards are good for nobody, They offer very little and if you look at it the other way: they rob from the fun times you have getting XP for the thing.

> i agreed, DE needs to rework the daily login rewards

- Despite melee 2.0 being out for some time now, almost every melee enemy in the game is still a variant of the butcher. Other than ancients, the infested have no meaningful destinguishment from one another other than body shape and that runners are totaly worthless.  Even before melee 2.0 it was obvious that melee enemies need a rework, becaise they were so inconsequential and most of them died by stupidly stepping into the bulletstream.

> i dissagree, you missed the specters that does the melee attack which is still quite giving a challenge

Most of this stuff is being worked on or is a known issue. Content will always be released to keep player interest in the game and generating revenue, simply telling them to stop and fix all your issues now isn't gonna work especially since the number guys and content makers are totally separate people. Patience is a virtue my friend, all in due time. 

This game just covers so many things at once, so thats kind of a problem, because the scale of the game is huge, although seeing it progress is relatively rewarding. I' understand your opinion, but respectfully disagree, because over time, i believe with patience well be allowed to suggest and see improvements and solutions to this games defects

Godspeed :D 

I definitely agree with some of the things you're complaining about. Other things though...

For example:

"If she did, I think it was ignored, because almost nothing there has been fixed and the thread seems to have made little impact on DE."
-- I went back and looked at that link, Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:46 PM. So what you're saying is, you expected all the changes to happen that you requested since then? If you're not saying that, it sure is coming across that way.

"Thing is, putting an enemy such as the trooper into the void takes very, very little effort"
-- Wait, so you're not only a developer but you also work with their system! Amazing! I really love when people that do not do what I do (pick any job for that matter), tell me how easy it is to do my job and tell me what the priorities are for me. It's called belittling the work of another. There's a better way to suggest things is what I'm trying to say.

"Popular opinion  is; Most regular weapons look nicer than their Forced Dark-edgy Red black things"
-- Popular opinion as dictated by you. This is pure conjecture. I like the look of the Prime parts that are gold, and I like the look of the wraith weapons. I agree that the pink ninja is silly.

"Most of the warframe mods are completely useless"
-- Once again, conjecture.

"Hobbled is still a thing"
-- I'm not sure of the problem here. You know you can just flip, slide, and copter your way through a mission if you're using hobbled as an effect for a Vault run. Or just give it to a Volt with Speed. Why does everything have to be boiled down to a simple common factor? Why does everything have to be completed in the exact same way. The point of variable frames and teamplay is to have....variance.

When you are going to suggest changes to a system, to the developers, try to do it in a constructive manner. Maybe you're just not used to that, because you're coming off as whiny. Hey I've done it, but I've whined to other players, not to the devs. Meh. Good luck.
Edited by Janzer

Honestly watch devstream 30 it showed a lot of stuff that fixes some of the problems you talk about with enemies.

Unless you're...

melee

Corrupted

Grineer

A charger, leaper or runner

Eximus

Basically most of the enemy. The realy cynical part of me is thinking "everyone that isn't a boss" because they're only adding a few new enemies and aren't fixing anything current (powerfists will still be butcher 2) 

Honestly watch devstream 30 it showed a lot of stuff that fixes some of the problems you talk about with enemies.

Maybe I watched a different DEvstream 30, because what DE showed wouldn't fix anything.

> unless DE put acceptable drop on some locker such as mods, so i agreed with you this point

> this still imbued with firerates and weapon magazine, so i think its fine the way it is.

> i dissagree, you missed the specters that does the melee attack which is still quite giving a challenge

- They haven't , so i fail to see the validity.

- It isn't imbued with fireates and weapon magazine. 

- Specters.. Well they count, but for the most part, they don't. No faction other than the tenno use them, and for the most part they're gun units with the power to block. 

Most of this stuff is being worked on or is a known issue. Content will always be released to keep player interest in the game and generating revenue, simply telling them to stop and fix all your issues now isn't gonna work especially since the number guys and content makers are totally separate people. Patience is a virtue my friend, all in due time. 

- Most of this stuff should have been fixed a while ago. 2.5% status chance mods have been around since damage 2.0 . DE know of issues, but ignore them. Yes, they need to make money through sales, but it'd be better to actually attract and retain players.

I definitely agree with some of the things you're complaining about. Other things though...

For example:

"If she did, I think it was ignored, because almost nothing there has been fixed and the thread seems to have made little impact on DE."
-- I went back and looked at that link, Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:46 PM. So what you're saying is, you expected all the changes to happen that you requested since then? If you're not saying that, it sure is coming across that way.

"Thing is, putting an enemy such as the trooper into the void takes very, very little effort"
-- Wait, so you're not only a developer but you also work with their system! Amazing! I really love when people that do not do what I do (pick any job for that matter), tell me how easy it is to do my job and tell me what the priorities are for me. It's called belittling the work of another. There's a better way to suggest things is what I'm trying to say.

"Popular opinion  is; Most regular weapons look nicer than their Forced Dark-edgy Red black things"
-- Popular opinion as dictated by you. This is pure conjecture. I like the look of the Prime parts that are gold, and I like the look of the wraith weapons. I agree that the pink ninja is silly.

"Hobbled is still a thing"
-- I'm not sure of the problem here. You know you can just flip, slide, and copter your way through a mission if you're using hobbled as an effect for a Vault run. Or just give it to a Volt with Speed. Why does everything have to be boiled down to a simple common factor? Why does everything have to be completed in the exact same way. The point of variable frames and teamplay is to have....variance.

When you are going to suggest changes to a system, to the developers, try to do it in a constructive manner. Maybe you're just not used to that, because you're coming off as whiny. Hey I've done it, but I've whined to other players, not to the devs. Meh. Good luck.

- Some of the changes there are 5 minute fixes. A month is somewhat longer than five minutes. 

- From my knowledge of development with other engines, yes, Recolours, value edditing and adding things to list is easy. And certainly easier than making new weapons with new models and animations. 

- I think most players would like all of their items customisable. Why can I paint my Gorgon white and purple but I can't paint my Gorgon wraith white and purple? Grimdark black and red might appeal to some (a small portion) of players, but when you're using a good, tasteful colour scheme you want your weapon to match or at least appropriately contrast.  

No word on the value of a spectre regiment.

Still cost too damn much. And should we even do them? What would be their impact on the new mode?

Where are they taking DS? We saw that snippet of whatever moba/tower defense style mode was.

It has taken a serious toll on a lot of clans. But, it seems like they're disinterested in that.

Paybating is still a thing.

Allince structure is horrible.

And beyond glory, there is no tangable reason to own them.

Hell, with the drop rates, there's little to no reason to even use any of them outside of Pluto's Sechura.

A vastly supported thread about improving mob mechanics was completely dismissed.

Instead they point us at those stupid elemental RNG bros. Seriously.

And we get super early renderings of things that we're not going to see, possibly until winter?

Still no stance on event mods, and event weapons.

Also, I think people need to knock it off with the "Well you're obviously not a game designer" when it comes to speaking about those topics.

It's 2014..I even have UDK and Unity. Sometimes I play around with them. A very small team of amatuer modders back nearly 10 years ago created one of the most hearlded and respected FPS in the known history. Counter-Strike. Battlefeild wouldin't be what it is today if it wasint for the modding community. People who fiddle around with things. This ain't the 1980-90s where you had to write everything in assembler. Where development was beyond the laymans reach.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

I'm not sure I see what your point is here. Could you elaborate more?

The way I see it, even if you have a weapon with a 25% base status chance and a 100 clip magazine, a maxed out Rifle Aptitude will only grant you a 3.75% increase above your base stat. (25%-28.75%) Out of a 100 magazine, 3.75% is so inconsequential, you're far better off replacing that mod with another elemental damage mod. How would you even distinguish any noticeable difference when the base status effect is over 6 times greater than the status mod?

And that's at 25%, which is quite high. Most weapons are around 5%-10% status chance. Why would you ever use a mod like Rifle Aptitude, or Sure Shot?

No word on the value of a spectre regiment.

Still cost too damn much. And should we even do them? What would be their impact on the new mode?

"And should we even do them" Exactly. I never bothered to make one. What for?

A vastly supported thread about improving mob mechanics was completely dismissed.

Are you talking about notionphil's thread? If yes, I suggest we start a war. That way DE MAY finally up it's priority. Because DE won't do anything until a ragestorm hits.

Instead they point us at those stupid elemental RNG bros. Seriously.

And we get super early renderings of things that we're not going to see, possibly until winter?

If we are lucky. I think we won't see them until spring. 

I completely agree with things I deleted. Just don't want to clutter someone's screen.

• 2 weeks later...

-Most of the warframe mods are completely useless; Because who'd choose thieves wit or heat resistance over survivability and power augments?

Ammo pools are still terrible. Powerful single shot weapons will never run out (ogris still uses rifle ammo!) whilst anything that shoots fast with bad damage will be gone instantly (Supra lasts seconds) 

-This is why I would like the removal of abilities from the drop system entirely - they're supposed to be integral to the suit itself. Those other four slots can go to things like thieves wit, heat resistance, maglev, survival enhancements, etc.

-I would think that a bullet-eating weapon would have a higher ammo pool myself, say 800 rounds or so.

Apart from your other points, I would really like to see:

-Disarmed grineer using a mixture of such weapons as cleavers and furaxes, the corpus have provas, and the void has a mixture of these weapons.

-Physical damage mods do just as much damage as elemental mods, not be outclassed by them

-Fury redacted to its 60 percent max

-Basic attacks keeping their pre-Melee 2.0 speeds

-Charge attacks returned

-Basic mods (serration, hornet strike, pressure point) removed from the main weapon mod pool and given their own slots on the weapon as part of the "essential list" and new players get these as part of their starter packs.

-Formas do no reset a weapon back to 0, but costs so many credits to apply (can be 200k or so - grind will still be needed, but not so hugely)

-Speed Holster removed from the drop pool and integrated into the suits natively

-The grind - folks have been complaining about that for a long time now. There are plenty of posts about it as well as solutions.

-Customizable UI

-Customizable key mappings for your melee combos

-Buffing the Braton family

-More lore - usage of the pool of lore generated by the community to help make the story! :-)

-Remaking the combos of the Nikana to incorporate MGR:R moves as well as mixes of laido and ninjato

-Rebalancing of the sniper rifles

-Greater damage on more melee weapons and more mixing of slash and puncture damage together (looking at you, fang primes).

-Armor 2.0

-Passive abilities of the frames. For instance, Frost/Ember/Volt/Saryn are resistant to the elements they are based upon. Those near Volt will slowly have their energy restored, while those near Trinity will heal up, and 'Frames near Valkyr hit harder and faster. Some examples there.

-Physical advantages some frames have while others do not. Some examples: Rhino has innate knockdown resistance, while Ash will simply right himself and land on his on his feet like a cat. Rhino hits harder with his weapons, while Ash moves faster with his than others. Other suits can do these things too, but they'll have to have mods to do it.

--Handspring is there by default - usage of the handspring mod will alter how quickly and in what manner you recover. Part of the Active Recovery System - I already sent someone a message about this, don't know if they passed it along for consideration or not.

-Another pass on auras - energy regeneration buffed to the rate of rejuv, for one. Very useful for long solo missions, but it can scale back to maintain the same rate in online parties of four according to how many people have it equipped. Really, I'd like to have rejuv and energy siphon removed from the drop pool altogether and integrated into the suit itself.

That's it for me, really.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3