Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Osprey Suggestion

-SLX-J3tAc3

Here are my suggestions for the flying ospreys based upon my experiences and complaints from other players:

Remove the proccing of the infested ospreys and simply make their gas clouds wear your health down at a certain rate, with health decreasing at a faster speed the higher the level in measurements of 1 instead of big chunks (think of the energy drain a Parasitic Eximus does).

Perhaps make the gas cloud brighter and bigger (still transparent enough to see through)

Make the poison affect the player after 1.5 seconds of being in the cloud instead of immediately (DiabolusUrsus made this suggestion about poison clouds in another thread)

Notionphil had an idea about them having a different mechanic: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/249628-make-mutalist-ospreys-drop-gas-bombs/#entry2894225.

An alternative to the infested osprey's current mechanics would be to make the gas clouds appear when an osprey explodes upon death (Swaggermeistress).

I believe I'll need to say this: ospreys deploy in limited numbers per wave or per section of a map.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

Hmm..interesting idea, Sharp. That is something for consideration...better yet, why not make another moa that does this exactly, in addition to the toxic one? Now that, that right there - greater unit diversity and threat diversification to really put pressure on the Tenno.

@ CapedBaldy

Just checked the wiki, a viral PROC would probably lead to rage. The wiki says,

"Viral reduces a target's max health by 50% for 6 seconds and does not stack after Update 12. If the target's current health is more than the new maximum: current health will be lowered to meet the new maximum. The lost health for meeting the new maximum is not returned when viral expires.

For example, a target with 800 out of 1000 health will be reduced to 500 out of 500 if viral status effect is applied. When the duration of effect ends, the target will have 500 out of 1000 health."

I cannot quite agree with viral in place of continual energy drain - I strongly believe the rapid health drain would be better - instant health reductions against the player, I really don't like at all. However, your viewpoint may be a solution that will be embraced by the playerbase at large. If it were up to me persnally, I'd experiment with both of these ideas, truthfully, and see which one folks prefer.

Whatever is decided, I hope the devs try both of our ideas, but replace what is currently here - people are raging hard about this and they continually quit when I do Sechura runs on Pluto.

I hope to offer a more viable solution that will be appealing to veterans and not-so-veteran alike.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

Hmm..interesting idea, Sharp. That is something for consideration...better yet, why not make another moa that does this exactly, in addition to the toxic one? Now that, that right there - greater unit diversity and threat diversification to really put pressure on the Tenno.

@ CapedBaldy

Just checked the wiki, a viral PROC would probably lead to rage. The wiki says,

"Viral reduces a target's max health by 50% for 6 seconds and does not stack after Update 12. If the target's current health is more than the new maximum: current health will be lowered to meet the new maximum. The lost health for meeting the new maximum is not returned when viral expires.

For example, a target with 800 out of 1000 health will be reduced to 500 out of 500 if viral status effect is applied. When the duration of effect ends, the target will have 500 out of 1000 health."

I cannot quite agree with viral in place of continual energy drain - I strongly believe the rapid health drain would be better - instant health reductions against the player, I really don't like at all. However, your viewpoint may be a solution that will be embraced by the playerbase at large. If it were up to me persnally, I'd experiment with both of these ideas, truthfully, and see which one folks prefer.

Whatever is decided, I hope the devs try both of our ideas, but replace what is currently here - people are raging hard about this and they continually quit when I do Sechura runs on Pluto.

I hope to offer a more viable solution that will be appealing to veterans and not-so-veteran alike.

Hey here is an interresting idea. Doing some research aparently Radiation on Tenno gives less accuracy and activates friendly fire, what if the gloud proc Radiation? like you said after a few seconds on the cloud.

Make the cloud Bigger and more noticeable but reduce the damage and change the damage to Radiation with a proc offect onlly apllying after2.5 secs on the cloud. Could provoke some fun reactions on AoE frames like Ember and Nova hehe

They wouldnt be screwing over the Tenno but also making them screw their teammates if they are not careful!

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

Haha, nice! >:D

I never knew radiation activated friendly fire! Yeah, ember blows up everyone except herself and Nova MolPrimes everything in the room except for her. Now this, man - this would make for quite the challenge, to turn the players' powers right back upon them! Excellent!

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

Haha, nice! >:D

I never knew radiation activated friendly fire! Yeah, ember blows up everyone except herself and Nova MolPrimes everything in the room except for her. Now this, man - this would make for quite the challenge, to turn the players' powers right back upon them! Excellent!

Oh the Tears of all those Rhino players blasting off their teammates with their stomps, and the tears of their teammates hahaha! oh godess i need my Mug so i can properly drink em.

The+Hades+in+Kid+Icarus+is+also+quite+li

Hahaha! XD

Alad made Troll Ospreys!

Whew, that was a good laugh, but on a more serious note, that would add more challenge to the infested - they have units that can turn your powers back upon you and your teammates. We should see more of this type of unit from time to time.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

Edited my last post to expound a little upon the thought of an irradiated osprey and perhaps draw attention to a newer gameplay mechanic that should help boost the threat of enemies, no matter what faction they are.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3