Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Janus - Monk Warframe

DrEADcoffins

jikan_by_dreadcoffins-d7vya8i.png

Janus — mercifull and ruthless, known as "Two-Faced" between Tenno. He commands the streams of time, which he can warp to aid allies or harm enemies. He is the wise mentor and wicked executor.

Characteristics (lvl 0/lvl 30)
Shield 100/400
Health 75/220
Energy 150/225
Armor 20
Stamina 90
Speed 1.3
Polarities 4 =
                1 V
                1 -
Aura Polarity: -
Janus' abilities conjure jelly-like energy substance

1 Out of Time — Janus warps the time itself, moving with unimaginable speed, completely invisible. Attacks on him will fail, but he can't attack enemies, being completely focused. When this ability ends, Janus will emit time explosion, dealing minor damage and flinching nearby enemies. This skill have something in common with Captain Vor's teleport.
  damage 20/25/30/35 Explosion-type
  duration:
          movement 5/6/8/10
          stun/flinch 2/3/4/5
  explosion diameter 1/1/2/3 

Mod effects:
Duration — affects duration of the stun effect
Power — affects movement speed
Range — affects explosion radius

2 Seal of Youth** — Janus can rejuvenate himself and his allies (wherever they are), removing all negative effects. Under the effect of the Seal, allies get immunity to elemental procs (burning, bleeding, poisoning, flinching etc). Effect manifests as jelly-like substance covering warframes
   duration 5/10/15/20

Mod effects:
Duration — affects duration of the shielding effect

3 Burden of Time** — Janus creates the pillars of time which will slow down everything caught in it: enemies, projectiles (even lasers and harpoon attacks. Alas, it works even on allies' projectiles) and even the loot.
    Power:
          Enemy slowdown* 35%/45%/57%/70%
          Projectiles slowdown* 50%/60%/70%/80%
          Number of pillars* 5/6/7/8 (One pillar is always at the centre)
    Range:
          radius 5 (can be increased to 10 using mods)
          pillar diameter 1/1/1/2 (can be increased to 3 using mods)
    duration 15/20/25/30

Mod effects:
Duration — affects duration of the ability
Power — affects the diameter of the pillars
Range — affects the radius of the ability

4 Seal of Senility** — Janus incite the flow of time on the enemies, accelerating their ageing. Their bodies become limp and armor falling apart before their eyes.
   Power: decrease in hitpoints* 5%/10%/15%/20%
           decrease in armor 10%/15%/20%/25% (can be increased to 50 using mods)
           decrease in resistances 10%/15%/20%/25% (can be increased to 50 using mods)
           decrease in speed* 10%/15%/20%/25%
   Range:
           Wave length 15/20/25/30 (can be increased to 40 using mods)
           Wave width 3/4/5/6 (can be increased to 10 using mods)
   Duration:
           Senility 5/10/15/20 (can be increased to 30 using mods)
           Enemies' speed is decreased only when they positioned in the stream

Note: the wave of time moves towards Janus from far away, it looks like he's draining youth from the enemies and that is showing his dark merciless side. Janus cannot move during animation sequence. Animation duration is 5 seconds at first level and depends on wave length.

Mod effects:
Duration — affects duration of the senility
Power — affects senility power and wave width
Range — affects wave length

Footnotes:
* cannot be changed by mods
** ability ignore obstacles

I like the monk design, but all of his abilities seem to be focused around some sort of time alteration. I don't see the connection between the two, but I'm also horribly uncultured in the area of monk (any type of monk) culture. Perhaps you could clarify that more?

Like the physical design, though I think the half color scheme is sort of taken by Mirage. While needed, perhaps it could be less prevelent on his body? Just on his helmet and not elsewhere? Just a thought.

Also got a question about his first ability: can he use his other abilities while in that state?

I like the design but don't like the name.  Janus was the roman god of beginnings/transitions so doors, gates, and portals are more fitting but not so much time.  The closest Janus comes to time is that January by name was inspired after him but January is also the beginning of the year and is the transition month between the last year and the next so its also less about time.  This may also be why Vor's key is called the Janus key.

I like the design but don't like the name.  Janus was the roman god of beginnings/transitions so doors, gates, and portals are more fitting but not so much time.  The closest Janus comes to time is that January by name was inspired after him but January is also the beginning of the year and is the transition month between the last year and the next so its also less about time.  This may also be why Vor's key is called the Janus key.

That and I noticed there's a map location called Janus- perhaps Vor's key was found there?

Love the Yin-Yang design to him;  but i think he should have abilities that reflect that or instead of yin-yang i think hour glasses are more appropriate. 

Yes, when I started to draw him, I thought the same... but stopped on the balance between light side and dark side of his abilities. Out of Time is escape ability or help bleeding ally. Seal of Youth - ability focus on assist allies.  Burden of Time and Seal of Senility - abilities is directed against the enemies.

Janus is also the personification of youth and old age.

Maybe he monk key keeper?  Maybe he severely damaged after the Vor's attack... And now his dark side wants revenge, but light side follows the path of goodness and charity. That's why he is called himsalf Janus(Two-Faced)

Edited by DrEADcoffins