Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Enemy Tenno Archwing Boss!

Temmron

WARNING: This boss is not supposed to be for beginners so he should be hard to kill
Lore:

I watched as it happened, unable to act...
I looked at the ruins left over, tears falling to the ground holding my beloved wife and child.
Asking myself.
Why did the rest of my fellow tenno destroy everything we had built?
We had defeated the sentients.
It should have been the most glorious moment.
That was the moment I swore vengeance
Taking the emperor`s void ship I escaped before they could find me and hid in the void.
Licking my wounds and preparing for the day.
The Day of Retribution

I just thought since U15 is coming, maybe we could get our first orokin boss (after J3-Golem) and had the idea of creating a boss, that is like a golden tenno with an archwing as enemy. It would be in a huge golden arena and he would have skills that change the arena territory.
For example:
Turning the ground into boiling lava and raising platforms that you have to jump on.

After terrain time is over platforms sink back into the lava and the ground turns normal.
Duration of Terrain: 20s-40s
Damage type: Fire
Initial Damage: 150 every 3 seconds
(First damage after those 3 seconds to enable slowpokes to stillmake it up a wall before dying)
Damage fire proc: 25 over 6 seconds
1 proc each second
Chance of proc: 75%
(Damage doesn`t scale with level of the boss)

Turning the ground into Ice and slowing everyone

(no platforms would be raised)
To survive you would have to wallrun/jump alot.
Duration of Terrain: 30-1m
Damage Type: None
Effect Type: Slow

Turning the ground into deep sea and summoning a corrupted beast.(subject to change)

(The golden Tenno would be invincible till the beast is dead) Could imagine a kraken/hydra look for it.(having multiple heads/arms you would have to dmg)
Duration of Terrain: Till Beast is dead
Damage Type: Non
Effect Type when falling into water: Reset at a raised platform

The golden tenno is able to fly around at an extremly high speed to make it hard to hit him, while sending nukes and rockets/lasers/(weap of choice) your way.
Furthermore he sometimes Charges towards you with a melee strike much like excaliburs slash dash but with a golden aura around his dash
My idea is that he will get additional skills apart from the terrain change but still working on those.
Boss design (concept art appreciated):

Stalker design in Gold/white with gold Archwing.4sWyYh7.jpg
cr2pvs1.jpg
A different corrupted style mask would be great too.

You cant fly in the arena, thus meleeing will be hard but its possible by wallrunning and slide attacking him.

Skills like Nova`s molecular prime and rhino`s stomp would affect the speed of the boss but he would still be moderatly fast.

Since many new bosses have an invincibility mechanic (lephantis with those weakspots/vay hek`s face)
I would like to differ from those and just increase his speed to a level were you only get a few shots in at best when hes moving.

While casting terrain changes he is highly vulnerable because he is immobile and is not attacking you.

Cast time of Terrain change: 3-5s

Stat suggestions Golden Tenno(lvl1):

Alloy armor: 600
Proto Shield: 3000
Flesh:(like cloned flesh but 50% effect from viral dmg) 3000

Stat suggestion water terrain mini-boss:

Fossilized: 200 (per arm/head)

Arena appearance:

Golden Arena with white inlays (orokin void style)
Star constellation on the ceiling having an unique animation when casting terrain changes (speeding up)

Possible drops:

Golden Syanda prime, Gold Hyperion archwing, new prime WF, new prime weapon

Maybe there could be a second stage where the outer hull of the ship gets destroyed by an attack of the boss and you would have to follow him with your archwing.
Examples of archwing boss stage:

The golden archwing breaches the outer hull of the ship and escapes into the thunderclouds of the void.
You will have to defend against multiple incoming enemies from the emperors ship while chasing the golden tenno
This will be further made harder by having to evade the lightning that exists in the void clouds and the incoming attacks of the golden tenno.

Examples of boss attacks:

Charge: The tenno launches towards you with his melee weapon drawn and like excaliburs slash dash tries to cut you.
Godly rays: The tenno gathers the power of the void and contentrates it into several beams that launch towards you in an arc and target you

Void Veil: He will be able to create a veil with which he will be able to appear behind you and deal high melee dmg(evade/block and retaliate)

Vortex: He will send a vortex your way slowing you down and pulling you away from him(does not deal dmg/only deals a small amount)

Black shadows: The golden tenno vanishes and your screen blacks out you will only see the tenno when hes in 5m proximity due to you hearing him(displayed as a grey tenno, he will only melee during that time and you have to evade him and counter attack at the last moment)

In space you can melee him easier because he will occasionally go into melee mode and slash at you making blocking and retaliating crucial.
Of course you can decide to evade his melee attacks and keep attacking him with your primary and secondary if you wish to do so

Acquiring the void key for this mission+ increasing difficulty:

The key can be made my combining Vor`s Janus key(drops in t4) and combining 1 of the dragon keys that usually open vaults in orokin derelicts.
The fun part about this is that according to what key you use the boss will have slightly different attack patterns and you will also be burdened by a minor effect of those keys that is around 10% of the usual effect of the key making it yet slightly harder to kill this boss (Difficulty increase due to dragon key restrictions can be deactivated but will/will not(to be decided) result in different drop chances of items at the end of the level)

Well thats only my idea hope you guys like it. Id love to have some constructive criticism about this idea.
If you have anything to add leave a comment and suggestions on what to add/change

Edited by Seyenas

Added possible drops like new prime WF/wep and syandana and posted 2 images for design of the boss but i suck at those so pls do some too >.<

Added some lore based on the moment the tenno killed the orokin emperors.

He is supposed to be a personal bodyguard of the emperors and one of the most trusted and loyal servants

Edited by Seyenas

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I intended to make this boss hard and end-game as you might call it?

Since the key will only be availible later on in the game due to difficult acquiring methods I dont think that it will be a problem, since newer players wont have access to it.

If they know a person with a key, of course they can join and more or less get carried by the person so they can acquire the items dropping there too.

Furthermore it will decrease the lvl of the boss a little so it might be usefull for end-game players to take a new player with them in order to decrease difficulty