Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If... Chatbox Was A Tablet Thingy In Your Hand When Press Esc

NickBoay

F up on title so this b title: -->  Improved chatbox for in the ship itself

(before i start i must say i am not sober and this just came out of my not sober thinking so yeh that)

WHAT IF *tudum* *tudum* your chatbox was some tablet thingy i mean i saw DE do some nice stuff with changing interfaces to fit U14 theme of the little homingbird projection stuff, maybe this could be fun for them to make also like asif when you bring ur chat up that your Warframe puts up his hand like in esc, and u would be holding some device with chatbox ( maybe a Tablet thingy,)

2ep51l1.jpg

as you see screenshot you might imagine how i got the idea ( was in esc + chatting same time ) this be a cool visual update for IN the ship itself 

i wanna add that in missions this is a very very bad idea so inside ship only ^^). NO clue if possible maybe i should sleep this one off first and starting to get krayzie but this be it what yall think

Edited by NickBoay

Your title makes it sound an awful lot like you want us to hit more buttons to do things we can already do for less for the sake of "This looks purdy." I was almost mad.

If that's not the case, It's the little things that a lot of people love about these games. Sure, why not.

Edited by FeedingWolves

Your title makes it sound an awful lot like you want us to hit more buttons to do things we can already do for less for the sake of "This looks purdy." I was almost mad.

If that's not the case, It's the little things that a lot of people love about these games. Sure, why not.

yeee i kinda pressed post and i was like (*slowmotion:* nuuuu ZE TITLE IS WRONG!!!*) but i didnt make it...

edit: editted main post with a new title ^^) sorry for the confusion

Edited by NickBoay

My only issue with this, is that I like to do other things, and be in other menus while using my chat. It would also prevent people from seeing callouts in Clan/Alliance chat, if they don't have their arm-tablet open.

For Immersion's sake, I get it, but it could cause a lot of problems for a lot of people. If it is an option to still have the existing chat window, and all we would see is the tenno raise his/her arm when you press enter to type, then I see no issue. If i can only see the chat window when actively bringing it up, then you can count me out.

My only issue with this, is that I like to do other things, and be in other menus while using my chat. It would also prevent people from seeing callouts in Clan/Alliance chat, if they don't have their arm-tablet open.

For Immersion's sake, I get it, but it could cause a lot of problems for a lot of people. If it is an option to still have the existing chat window, and all we would see is the tenno raise his/her arm when you press enter to type, then I see no issue. If i can only see the chat window when actively bringing it up, then you can count me out.

i am also a user who chats while doing other things ( for example browse inventory/mods while in trading to make sure i have the product people wtb) so yes offcourse it should only CHANGE in APPEARANCE not in any functionality i totally agree with ya buddy dont worry :D

all i ment is instead of the chatbox look it has now, a tablet look would be awesome ( should have 5th freedom asin being able to bring up while in foundry arsenal much like it is now )

edit: and ye i see the problem you found is when people talk the chat should be popping up automaticly, this would stop a tenno in his tracks with the hand animation.. hmm  thennn

how about this: a homing bird projects the chat ? like esc menu but it should be able to make you still move around you would just see the messages when someone talks offcourse or if you bring it up yourself?  bring up the tablet to type back :D  maybe that works

Edited by NickBoay

i am also a user who chats while doing other things ( for example browse inventory/mods while in trading to make sure i have the product people wtb) so yes offcourse it should only CHANGE in APPEARANCE not in any functionality i totally agree with ya buddy dont worry :D

all i ment is instead of the chatbox look it has now, a tablet look would be awesome ( should have 5th freedom asin being able to bring up while in foundry arsenal much like it is now )

Then I see no issue with a simple animation being added when using chat. As long as my chat window is persistent, then any additional immersion is fine in my book,

Then I see no issue with a simple animation being added when using chat. As long as my chat window is persistent, then any additional immersion is fine in my book,

well you did help me find a issue, but i think i also found the solution for it, prolly missed this part 

|

V

edit: and ye i see the problem you found is when people talk the chat should be popping up automaticly, this would stop a tenno in his tracks with the hand animation.. hmm  thennn

how about this: a homing bird projects the chat ? like esc menu but it should be able to make you still move around you would just see the messages when someone talks offcourse or if you bring it up yourself?  bring up the tablet to type back :D  maybe that works

this should work :D

well you did help me find a issue, but i think i also found the solution for it, prolly missed this part 

|

V

this should work :D

I think I hadn't refreshed the page before my follow-up response. I didn't see that post before adding my reply.

Edit: Ahh nevermind, appears you had edited the post. Which explains why I missed the additional content.

Edited by 43Emprah