Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Opinion Of Pvp And Dark Sector Pvp

REDHOOOD

Hi all, 

Before I begin, I would like say the statements below are based on my PvP experience. I do not intend to generalize or tell you how to play. Instead, I would like to convey some of my methods and results. 

First to establish some credibility, my current conclave rating: 320 kills: 42 deaths. Ratio: 7:1

1) You have to heal and cover your teammates. 

I know it seems simple and rhetorical, but when I PUG matches, I hardly ever see team healing. However, this does not mean that your teammate should risk their necks to save you when you charge into the center of enemy lines. Try to be aware of where your teammates are, enemy mob spawns, and the direction your attackers are coming from. Lastly, if you are going to die, try to die in a spot where your teammates can get to you safely. If it were not for revives, my deaths would be 3 times higher (true story). 

2) Way point can be used to coordinate. 

This is extremely under-used. When I run with a premade, we spam waypoint to be revived and we have a sustained waypoint if we are being blade stormed (alerts trinity we need heal NOW). 

3) Team work, team work, and team work!

When I do serious runs, I don't PUG, I prefer a premade teams that are in agreement about how we approach certain situations. Some examples will follow: my alpha team has a "No Heroics policy" until trinity gets heals. If there is an ash spaming blade storm, we keep trinity back and we move in with our mobs so ash's blade storm is divided between targets, allowing us to survive with trinity's heal. We also coordinate to kill Nyx and ash using creative methods.

4) Kill the common mobs and spectres. The players can wait. 

Killing mobs will help rank up faster than killing players. Dead mobs drop health and energy globs to pick up and requires far less effort. I understand everyone is hungry for blood and want to kill the players. However I highly suggest refraining from chasing players. It works our sometimes but I usually see these players getting surrounded and ganked behind enemy lines, which is unsafe to revive. when you outrank your enemy, they usually drop with ease. 

5) Things you may not know.

The predominant complaint I see here on forums is about blade storm. So here I am going to list some team counters that have proven successful for me. First, Nyx hard counters ash (Hold back the pitch forks, I will explain). If you move in with a mob, ash will teleport between targets giving you a 2 second window before being stun locked again. In these 2 seconds, a nyx can trigger absorb, which negates bleed and all of ash's damage. Once absorb is released, Ash will basically kill himself. Valk's Hysteria negates further damage and using Link before Ash hits blade storm also helps If all else fails, gank him on sight and prevent him from leveling.      

6) Sometimes you lose.

Sometimes they are the wind shield wiper and you are the bug. It happens to all of us, never take it personally. 

Good luck, 

Red 

Edit: snipetron vandal can drop ash in one hit from afar (outside his BS casting range), and trinity can save the entire team if you keep her safe outside the target radius.

Edited by REDHOOOD

how is this feedback to the devs ?

also everything you described is a result of broken balance (still)

^ i still think its feedback because it shows how broken balance is

I prefer that this thread remains on the topic of providing strategies for pvp scenarios.

Thanks,

Red 

First to establish some credibility, my current conclave rating: 320 kills: 42 deaths. Ratio: 7:1

To establish credibility, you need to specify your usual loadout. Using OP loadout and getting high K/D with cheap kills mean nothing. Are you a Nyx spammer? A trinity spammer? Ash? Saryn venom spammer? Mag pull? Do you put Bastille and Bounce on objectives? Do you use R/QT Valkyr? Do you use invisible black energy Loki and Orthos Prime? Do you spam Jet Kitty 10-kilometer ground slam? Do you spray Torid on objectives? 

Because let's face it: all those tactics have little to no countermeasure. If you're even 1% coordinating with your team (say, you use Venom on an enemy, wait 10 secs and let viral proc, then your teammate invisible Loki moves in for the kill), you're going to faceroll your opponents, especially the ones in a PUG.

I don't PUG

Well I've had my share of rage when I'm being gang raped by two Nyx absorb spammers+one Ash+one Trinity team, or being simultaneously hacked by three iron skin Rhinos using Orthos Prime and Ichors. Thanks for the fun, is all I can say. Really makes me appreciate the skills involved in such tactics. 

Trinity ... Nyx ... Valkyr's Hysteria ... Link

Just what I thought. 

Also, since we're talking about cheap tactics to counter Bladestorm, I have a better one -- it doesn't even require timing or team coordination: put Bastille at the exit door of the enemy's spawn point. 

--------------------------------------------------

TL;DR Get back to us when you have some true "strategies" instead of merely suggesting 4-people-premade-ganking-on-one-PUG-player. 

Edited by elele

To establish credibility, you need to specify your usual loadout. Using OP loadout and getting high K/D with cheap kills mean nothing. Are you a Nyx spammer? A trinity spammer? Ash? Saryn venom spammer? Mag pull? Do you put Bastille and Bounce on objectives? Do you use R/QT Valkyr? Do you use invisible black energy Loki and Orthos Prime? Do you spam Jet Kitty 10-kilometer ground slam? Do you spray Torid on objectives? 

Because let's face it: all those tactics have little to no countermeasure. If you're even 1% coordinating with your team (say, you use Venom on an enemy, wait 10 secs and let viral proc, then your teammate invisible Loki moves in for the kill), you're going to faceroll your opponents, especially the ones in a PUG.

Well I've had my share of rage when I'm being gang raped by two Nyx absorb spammers+one Ash+one Trinity team, or being simultaneously hacked by three iron skin Rhinos using Orthos Prime and Ichors. Thanks for the fun, is all I can say. Really makes me appreciate the skills involved in such tactics. 

Just what I thought. 

Also, since we're talking about cheap tactics to counter Bladestorm, I have a better one -- it doesn't even require timing or team coordination: put Bastille at the exit door of the enemy's spawn point. 

--------------------------------------------------

TL;DR Get back to us when you have some true "strategies" instead of merely suggesting 4-people-premade-ganking-on-one-PUG-player. 

Hi elele, 

I am not sure if you remember, but we have met many times in dark sector conflicts (Always on opposite sides, unfortunately). We can also spend all night discussing what is cheap and what is acceptable (you left out boltor primes btw). However, that is not what I want to do. The point of mentioning my KD is to convey to the community that I do PvP, and then provide tactics that helps me but are commonly neglected.

As for my loadout, I have many. It depends if I am soloing or in a team. However, that wall of text would be for an entirely new thread. To clarify, I explicitly stated that I only take a team on "serious runs". An example of a serious run for me is attacking a rail that I plan to win. When I am not doing "serious runs", I spend the majority of the time PUGing PvP. Please do not selectively pick what I say and project your own meaning to it.  

Thank you for sharing your feedback on countering Ash with a bastille. 

Lastly, I never suggested "4-people-premade-ganking-on-one-PUG-player" anywhere in the original post. Please do not project your own meaning onto my statements. I was very clear in the original post. 

TL:DR I believe you misread the post or you are over analyzing it. Thanks for the bastille advice. 

Red

Hi elele, 

I am not sure if you remember, but we have met many times in dark sector conflicts (Always on opposite sides, unfortunately). We can also spend all night discussing what is cheap and what is acceptable (you left out boltor primes btw). However, that is not what I want to do. The point of mentioning my KD is to convey to the community that I do PvP, and then provide tactics that helps me but are commonly neglected.

As for my loadout, I have many. It depends if I am soloing or in a team. However, that wall of text would be for an entirely new thread. To clarify, I explicitly stated that I only take a team on "serious runs". An example of a serious run for me is attacking a rail that I plan to win. When I am not doing "serious runs", I spend the majority of the time PUGing PvP. Please do not selectively pick what I say and project your own meaning to it.  

Thank you for sharing your feedback on countering Ash with a bastille. 

Lastly, I never suggested "4-people-premade-ganking-on-one-PUG-player" anywhere in the original post. Please do not project your own meaning onto my statements. I was very clear in the original post. 

TL:DR I believe you misread the post or you are over analyzing it. Thanks for the bastille advice. 

Red

Hmm, I appreciate you clarifying things a bit. However, PVP is so utterly broken it's beyond offering strategies for. 

I'm usually very calm in online shooters (I played BF, Tribe, Quake, CoD, etc. extensively) but this game seriously gave me RAGE. Not the quickthinking kind, but blood-pumping-into-my-head-making-me-want-to-kill-puppies kind. Recently the prevalence of Ash and Nyx has become unbearable, especially in "serious" matches where certain alliances are involved. 

So I'll offer some additional strategies I use against Ash etc.. They're effective: 

1. If your opponent starts using cheap tactics, just quit the damn game unless you're chasing battlepay, in which case, let him kill you quickly so you can have half of the battlepay (usually still higher than a Sechura run). 

2. If your teammate uses cheap tactics, I refuse to support him or revive him, especially if he uses bladestorm ash. 

3. I humiliate every bladestorm Ash's corpse if you know what I mean. 

Hmm, I appreciate you clarifying things a bit. However, PVP is so utterly broken it's beyond offering strategies for. 

I'm usually very calm in online shooters (I played BF, Tribe, Quake, CoD, etc. extensively) but this game seriously gave me RAGE. Not the quickthinking kind, but blood-pumping-into-my-head-making-me-want-to-kill-puppies kind. Recently the prevalence of Ash and Nyx has become unbearable, especially in "serious" matches where certain alliances are involved. 

So I'll offer some additional strategies I use against Ash etc.. They're effective: 

1. If your opponent starts using cheap tactics, just quit the damn game unless you're chasing battlepay, in which case, let him kill you quickly so you can have half of the battlepay (usually still higher than a Sechura run). 

2. If your teammate uses cheap tactics, I refuse to support him or revive him, especially if he uses bladestorm ash. 

3. I humiliate every bladestorm Ash's corpse if you know what I mean. 

Hey Elele,

I am familiar with the feeling and I have also met said clans. However there are counters for everything in this game (if not alone, with a team). Yes, sometimes their setup requires less coordination than you, and sometimes you get caught in bad situations.

You uncompromising attitude is commendable, but you are missing something. When you allow your teammates to die (only if you can revive them safely), you are indirectly feeding the entire  enemy team. This will come back and bite you directly. Another simple solution is dropping the enemy constantly so they have no energy (this works best). 

I only mentioned a few counters in this post, I actually have many more. If you are interested, you can join me in some pvp matchs and we can overcome some of these together. 

Let me share one last thing with you. Sometimes you need Ash or other cheap strategies. Occasionally I join a defense and end up in the final room, where we are being spawn camped (e.g. Vaub, Ash, trinity, necro) . The only way to break contain is with timing and using a Frame like Ash to stunlock their team (if you are lucky), effectively allowing your team out of spawn to fight back. There has been many games where I need to leave a game to get my ash for the above. 

While we are on the topic of suggestions, never underestimate necros, his desecrate will provide infinite health and energy on his team. Down him on sight, especially if his team has an ash. Penta hurts... alot. Your boltor prime valk also hurts alot. Nyx is low health and armour, she is easily focused down by rifle fire.

Sometimes you can do all this and still lose. It happens. 

Good luck, 

Red 

You uncompromising attitude is commendable, but you are missing something. When you allow your teammates to die (only if you can revive them safely), you are indirectly feeding the entire  enemy team. This will come back and bite you directly. 

Not really. I play PVP for battlepay or when I'm really, really bored and just want to mess with things and have some fun. If I lose, I'm getting half the battlepay anyway so I don't care.

At this point, I'm tempted to exclusively support the big, "evil" alliances as they give high battlepays. On the other hand, when smaller white-knight clans attack, they use more cheap tactics because otherwise they need the win yet can't afford high battlepays. I can't tell which is more "evil": charging high taxes or using unhonorable tactics to fight high taxes. 

Not really. I play PVP for battlepay or when I'm really, really bored and just want to mess with things and have some fun. If I lose, I'm getting half the battlepay anyway so I don't care.

At this point, I'm tempted to exclusively support the big, "evil" alliances as they give high battlepays. On the other hand, when smaller white-knight clans attack, they use more cheap tactics because otherwise they need the win yet can't afford high battlepays. I can't tell which is more "evil": charging high taxes or using unhonorable tactics to fight high taxes. 

Personally, I see people getting their hands dirty on both sides. I think it is also important to realize that there are many techniques (labeled cheap) in this game. It is impossible for one player to take advantage of all the tactics mentioned thus far in this thread, which suggests there are options and counters to those options. To me it is a matter remaining optimistic, making adjustments and believing that I can win next time.   

I usually fight against battle pay mercenaries. This explains why we are on opposite sides.

Anyways, I am sure we will meet on the battlefield again.

And, I won't be pulling my punches.

Red

Edit: Not pointing fingers here, but I have been spawn camped significantly more by "Big clans" and their supporters than any other faction. Again, this is just from my experience. It often tempts me to pull out my spawn camping Warframe, rejoin session, and fight dirt with sewage water. So I truely believe this is an issue with both sides, not exclusive to Big clans or white knights. 

Edited by REDHOOOD