The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking Not Stealth Nerfed

Tigersight

Question

Just going to copy paste this because no one seems to read anything 3 pages into threads that have been moved out of the GD.

Umm, I don't know about you guys, but Quick Thinking hasn't changed.

I used my Valkyr to test QT's effectiveness before, and just did it again when I saw this thread. (I did it before because the wiki was unsure whether armor affected damage taken on energy with QT - it did.)

For my tests, I used fire pits. Because fire pits do 50 damage per tick.

Here's the math:

My Valkyr has 1020 armor. 1020/1320 = ~77.2% damage reduction. 50*0.228=11.4 damage. I took 11-12 damage per tick on my hp, so that checked out.

When I hit 2 hp and QT kicked in at 200% effectiveness (1 rank from max), the damage dropped to 5-6 per tick. 11.4/2=5.7. So looking at the numbers, Quick Thinking clearly hasn't changed.

In my tests before, and my tests just now, the results were identical.

Thus: Quick Thinking has not been stealth nerfed.

Maybe they increased the damage enemies do? Alternatively, maybe there's a bug with max ranked Quick Thinking?

15 answers to this question

Thank you for checking this out.  Rumor mills flying around made me nervous about remodding my QT Trinity.

Edit: Wait, what if this is a client verse host bug and when you're a client, QT pretends it's unranked?

Wish it was, just tested it and QT acts as if it's not even equipped.

Take a look for yourself. =(

Edited by GrizzlyBear

Wish it was, just tested it and QT acts as if it's not even equipped.

Take a look for yourself. =(

That can not be right. Taking that amount of dmg should not insta-kill you. Must be a bug, cause that's just considered broken in my perspective. 

Definitely not working as intended, if it actually became that useless.

Edited by Yazeth

I ran Nuovo with my Nekros and a Loki for 45 minutes tonight, which is just about the point where dodging/QT matters, and didn't really notice much of a difference. 

But!

My energy pool did get depleted from 300 to 0 in less than a second at one point and I went down, which was odd because nothing else did that even if I let myself get hit. This happened twice in a row, and it was similar to GrizzlyBear's video.