Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Ability Rework/ Ability Ranking System

Bluknight34

There are two things I think could be changed on Ember. 

1. fire blast

Currently Ember has no kind of defensive ability and makes survivabillity very low and lacks "End game" use. 

My suggestion would be give a small buff to the ability so there does not have to be an overhaul so to speak. 

I think that along with the fire damage dealt by the ability when the enemy enters the ring of fire they are then trapped. As you know if a person were to be trapped in a burning building there is going to be a lack of oxygen. So when trapped inside the ring of fire more damage is dealt over time and also giving Ember that sort of defense against large numbers of enemies. This would also make the ability more useful for its intentions of being a sort of protect an object ability. 

2. World on Fire

The ability is great but I believe it is lacking a knockdown or stun effect and the randomness of eruptions spawning is a little too much. Less random spawns and more of tracking enemies plus stun or knock down would make it a true effective ultimate. 

Ability ranking system

So as we know the frame abilities are being removed from the drop tables. If they're not going to be dropped as mods then why be mods? I think that removing abilities as mods completely and making them pure abilities and being unlocked at certain ranks as you level your frame would be more suitable. Also, like with frames you could level your abilities, when leveling your abilities each will have a certain amount of drain for each ability. This would also make each ability more useful and would also give each player more ways to make each frame there own. 

The ranking system for abilities would work like this:

Each having three categories and at max rank a 10 point drain and each category being able to be leveled to 5 and each level costing 1 point from the drain.

categories: 

1. Power

2. Range

3. Efficiency

By doing this the ability slots can be removed from the mod slots leaving  slots instead of 10 with less drain points to spend.

with these slots you can focus more on actual frame modding such as, sheilds, health, speed, armor, knockdown resistance, stamina, etc. Anything else that the devs can think of. Thus, each frame could be used for whatever mission type built for or any tier. This would bring more excitement to the game in my opinion and you would see more use of other frames in all mission types and how they are used. For example excalibur is useless and this could give him some kind of meaning to the game. 

Comment and give your opinions i would really like to know what you think. 

Edited by Bluknight34

How would it not solve anything. You give no reasons what do ever. Maybe you just don't understand the concept

WoF would still be too tight on mods and impractical to use

Insult my intelligence for your lack of basic reading comprehension?

4 posts and that unthought post means youre new around here

Read up on some ember threads and get a better idea of whats going on

Edited by Azawarau

There is nothing wrong with World on Fire requiring strength,duration,efficiency and range. All skills should mimic that, otherwise you run into situations where certain mod combos are overpowered because they have no negative effect on specific skills. World on Fire just does too little for a skill that you sacrfiice 4 mod slots to boost. Most of what World on Fire (and every single direct damage skill) needs is armor ignoring damage. Even that may not be enough for World on Fire but it would be a start.

Fire blast sucks and needs to be scrapped. Serves no purpose in the game as is right now. Ember already has 2 direct damage skills that work and move with her and are better than fireblast in every way. They need to give her a movement skill. They won't give her more survivability and movement is the only thing she lacks.

Accelerant is awesome and is far and away her best skill. Fireball is good for what it is.

There is nothing wrong with World on Fire requiring strength,duration,efficiency and range. All skills should mimic that, otherwise you run into situations where certain mod combos are overpowered because they have no negative effect on specific skills. World on Fire just does too little for a skill that you sacrfiice 4 mod slots to boost. Most of what World on Fire (and every single direct damage skill) needs is armor ignoring damage. Even that may not be enough for World on Fire but it would be a start.

Fire blast sucks and needs to be scrapped. Serves no purpose in the game as is right now. Ember already has 2 direct damage skills that work and move with her and are better than fireblast in every way. They need to give her a movement skill. They won't give her more survivability and movement is the only thing she lacks.

Accelerant is awesome and is far and away her best skill. Fireball is good for what it is.

The issue is world on fire needs literally everything and unless youre willing to heavily sacrifice other things you wont find much use for it

yes i question your lack of intelligence. And so what if i have  4 posts. Everything on the forums is all a matter of opinion so no matter what you say or what anyone else says it doesnt make any of us right. so for you to think youre right means nothing to anyone cause if your opinion or mine meant a thing then the devs would be asking you for your ideas. nothing makes you special cause you waste your life making posts ina forum. 

yes i question your lack of intelligence. And so what if i have  4 posts. Everything on the forums is all a matter of opinion so no matter what you say or what anyone else says it doesnt make any of us right. so for you to think youre right means nothing to anyone cause if your opinion or mine meant a thing then the devs would be asking you for your ideas. nothing makes you special cause you waste your life making posts ina forum. 

OH THE IRONY

Your post count alone means nothing

But that combined with not knowing the currently popular forum idea of making WoF a toggle is <I mentioned that in my post

Everyone has an opinion

Some people cant accept when their opinion is wrong

For example

You said ember doesnt have a defensive ability even though she has both fire blast ,as bad as it is, and accelerant

Accelerant is a spammable buff+Stun that ties in with WoF to make it heavily useful as both a defensive and offensive ability

The second point you made suggeted that world on fire should have some kind of knockdown

That wont fix it taking up near all of your mods slots to be effective and killing the efficiency of your other abilities

It doesnt change that its range is too small to be effective without hurting your damage output

It doesnt change that the duration is so short that its extremely difficult to sustain

It doesnt change the energy cost being high especially when paired with accelerant spam and high power STR

It doesnt change the clashing of extra duration form corrupted mods and all of her abilities

When i say it wont solve embers problems i mean it literally wont solve her problems

No, they said thy were only taking the ability mods out of the drop tables.They never said that they were moving them as mods until yesterday. So, you don't know and I don't know, so don't be mad because I made you look like an idiot.

So what youre saying is DE decided on the drop of a dime to make these changes without any kind of talk between eachother or brainstorming or number crunching?

That on a whim they made this change?

Youre making yourself look like an idiot here

no no no what im saying is you said that it was not a good idea. The fact that i had such a similar idea, being so close to exactly what they are doing proves that you were wrong about my theory.

Where exactly did i say it wasnt a-

Actually where did i comment on that at all

Each and every post of mine was focused on ember

so don't be mad because I made you look like an idiot.

I feel like this is fitting