Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Plea To Buff Ember~

iSmallfry

Unlike many others, i like how her skillset currently functions.I love the concept of a close quarter glasscannon.The idea of a frame recklessly abandoning any form of survivability - including CC,tankyness and range - in exchange for the ability to wreck havoc and burst down all enemies in the vicinity is very interesting in my opinion, and i enjoy playing her that way.Now,the one thing that does pose a problem to her and her AoE burst that's supposed to justify her lack of survivability/utility,is the scaling of her damage.In fact, this problem does not originate from Ember's initial damage output itself but from the armor scaling and the heavy damage penalty it brings along for fire-type damage.So,the only change I'm suggesting is having Accelerant also enabling fire-type damage to bypass enemy armor.This change would hardly affect her impact on low-lvl missions,as she's plenty overkill there,already.The buff would mostly affect her effectiveness in higher-lvl runs,when armor scaling becomes relevant.That said,i did take her to a few T4 Survival longruns with friends and was perfectly fine with x4 Corrosive Projection and Loki's Disarm+Nova's M.Prime keeping me alive.Heck,I didn't even fire a single bullet past the 40-minute mark.I simply blasted stuff away with World on Fire and Accelerant.That aside, I feel like restricting her to this one specific setup for her to be viable in high-lvl runs is limiting her use way too much.

Although fire damage is more or less meant for squishy, unarmored targets, I wish this could actually happen. 

Though if I may have a say in the matter, I think she needs some higher speed, considering that's usually how the glass cannon norm goes. 

I tend to not use Ember not only because of her low durability, but because her abilities don't feel like they match her supposed playstyle. Accelerant and Fire Blast demand that you need to be up close to enemies, while Fireball actively discourages you from being up close due to it's self-damaging AoE. WoF simply feels too inaccurate/vague for my tastes, but that's just me. Honestly I'd prefer that Ember just get a complete rework to have a more solid concept.

If Accelerant caused enemies to ignore armor against fire damage, I'd be okay with that. I feel the suggestion won't be taken seriously though, since DE tends to ignore any suggestions that would make "endgame" easier in any way. Even if the suggestion is backed by "I literally never use this frame, ever, because at the point I'm at in the game, it's useless".

Although fire damage is more or less meant for squishy, unarmored targets, I wish this could actually happen. 

Though if I may have a say in the matter, I think she needs some higher speed, considering that's usually how the glass cannon norm goes. 

Well,fire damage doesn't normally have a x2,5+ multiplier,either.It's not a change to fire damage itself but the skill named "Accelerant",which amplifies the,uh...well,firepower of fire-type damage.Seeing as that's already what it does,why not go all the way?That's how I feel about it,at the very least.

Yes,please.Feedback is always welcomed.On that note,i would totally support a buff in mobility,seeing just how vulnerable Ember is.

Edited by iSmallfry

I tend to not use Ember not only because of her low durability, but because her abilities don't feel like they match her supposed playstyle. Accelerant and Fire Blast demand that you need to be up close to enemies, while Fireball actively discourages you from being up close due to it's self-damaging AoE. WoF simply feels too inaccurate/vague for my tastes, but that's just me. Honestly I'd prefer that Ember just get a complete rework to have a more solid concept.

If Accelerant caused enemies to ignore armor against fire damage, I'd be okay with that. I feel the suggestion won't be taken seriously though, since DE tends to ignore any suggestions that would make "endgame" easier in any way. Even if the suggestion is backed by "I literally never use this frame, ever, because at the point I'm at in the game, it's useless".

Well,making suggestions and asking DE to take them into account is all we can do,at this point.

I know it would be a complete u-turn on the lore, but why not adjust ember to 'cook enemies inside their armour', making her damage scale based on the enemies armour. Basically an anti-Grineer version of Mag...

Personally,I would like to preserve her current tools,as much as possible.A few tweaks that wouldn't change how her skillset works, would be optimal.That might just be me,though.That said, I do like the idea of an anti-armor frame.That does sound very interesting.

Interesting idea. But it's another thing making Accelerant required to play her effectively, and that's what I dislike. Maybe Ember should simply melt enemies' armor by damaging them with her abilities? Like -10% of base armor per second.

Saryn is kinda anti-armor.

Interesting idea. But it's another thing making Accelerant required to play her effectively, and that's what I dislike. Maybe Ember should simply melt enemies' armor by damaging them with her abilities? Like -10% of base armor per second.

Saryn is kinda anti-armor.

I don't know. As I see it, every frame has its signature skills.I mean, what would Loki be without his Invisibility/Radial Disarm,Excalibur without his Radial Blind,Nova without her AMP/M.Prime,Ash without his Bladestorm,Mirage without her doppelgangers/disco ball of doom,Hydroid without his tentacle hentai,Rhino without his Iron Skin/Rhino Stomp?In Ember's case it just happens to be Accelerant/WoF,even as is.Anyway,that's quite the nice idea you have there.Kind of reminds me of a few League mechanics.

Well,I guess you could consider her as such,in a broad sense.

In my opinion Accelerant shouldn't exist. It requires complete retooling of weapon builds to be used properly, and is at best a band-aid for Ember's damage abilities doing mediocre damage. Instead, I would suggest armor (and maybe shield) bypassing abilities without accelerant, making fire blast into a real crowd-control ability by allowing the initial blast to deal damage at twice the range of the ring, lighting enemies on fire and spreading it to enemies within 2 meters of one on fire. Then I would add a new ability like Magma: deals slightly less damage than Fireball but over a much wider radius, like 6 meters or so, in a wave of lava.

In my mind Ember would nearly be self-sufficient without weapons so she could be the true damage-first glass cannon she could be.

I don't know. As I see it, every frame has its signature skills.I mean, what would Loki be without his Invisibility/Radial Disarm,Excalibur without his Radial Blind,Nova without her AMP/M.Prime,Ash without his Bladestorm,Mirage without her doppelgangers/disco ball of doom,Hydroid without his tentacle hentai,Rhino without his Iron Skin/Rhino Stomp?In Ember's case it just happens to be Accelerant/WoF,even as is.Anyway,that's quite the nice idea you have there.Kind of reminds me of a few League mechanics.

Well,I guess you could consider her as such,in a broad sense.

Ember without Accelerant is glass. She's a glass cannon that needs one ability to help her others actually work as a cannon, and even then they don't do it well.

the scaling problem isn't exclusive to ember, so far all the glass cannons are more glass than cannon, DE is buffing enemies none stop meanwhile nerfing the warframes like they've killed their family or something, the monster can get up to lv 1000 yet tennos are stuck at 30, why were tennos the superior race again?