Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Cause My Pc To Crash

Catkillerfive

After the Archwing update, I have not been able to play Warframe at all.

Basically, the first few times I tried starting Warframe, it crashed my PC during the initial loading screen.

Completely crash (Game froze and sound stopped looping), Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't work, Alt+F4 didn't work. I sadly had to "strangle" my computer just to be able to do anything again (Relevant image: http://i.imgur.com/m8Gbm.jpg).

After I had Optimized Warframe (From the Warframe launcher), I was able to log in finally, but my PC crashed after a few minutes. (I was able to go on a mission at one point, but it still crashed after a few min).

After re-installing the game, it still crashed after being ingame for a few min.

I'm running Warframe just great, I get 45-60 fps on Med-Low settings.

so I won't be able to play Warframe until I get a new PC, which will sadly take a while.

Try to change setting in your graphic card for warframe . 

Been there, done that. I reduced everything to the lowest setting and even reduced the resolution from 1600x900 (Local res) to 1270x720.

Check temperatures, and update drivers.

The temperature is nothing higher than it usually is, but if the crash was caused by temp, the PC would have completely blacked out and turned itself off, as it have happened before, tho with more intense and longer gaming sessions, primarily when playing Counter strike Global Offensive and Planetside 2, which is apart from Warframe the most Taxing games I play.

I play on a Laptop, the important specs are:

ADM Radeon 6370M

4GB Ram

Intel Core I5

Every time I've tried to update my driver, the update program claim that it can't find the driver.

I'l try again and if it don't work I'l post a picture of the error message.

Edited by Catkillerfive

Every time I've tried to update my driver, the update program claim that it can't find the driver.

I'l try again and if it don't work I'l post a picture of the error message.

What you should be doing is going to the site of the company that made your laptop and looking for updated drivers for your model.

Do not trust "driver update programs", they rarely get the latest drivers and more often than not just want to trick you.

What you should be doing is going to the site of the company that made your laptop and looking for updated drivers for your model.

Well, can you/someone provide a download link for me then, I'm not sure what site to trust or if it will help me. I use a Asus K72JT with Windows 7 64-bit.

But apart from that, the problems when updating the driver is:

Driver Installation: Can't find INF-Files

Driver Installation: user must belong to the Administrators group (<- this one is strange, as I did approve the update as an administrator)

Edited by Catkillerfive

Checked, doesn't look like there's been a chipset driver update for that model in a while, so it's likely that the only driver updates will be your video drivers.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%207%20-%2064#

That's AMD's official site, and that should show the latest driver package for your card.

First big orange Download button there will get you it.

And it's giving you that sort of error when you try to run the installer?

yupp

Have you tried running the game in dx 9 or dx 11 mode? What about 32 bit or 64 bit mode? and maybe turn off/on multi threaded rendering.

Yes on everything except 32 and 64 bit idea. I'l try that, but i doupt it will work.

not sure if it would help your problem but you could get your game to run better if you install something called Advanced System Care Free, it has a bunch of programs that can help you care for your computer in ways that normal windows can't, like a better optimizer/defragger. 

it has a program called turbo boost that allows you to close programs and stuff that aren't needed while you play your game, basically freeing up alot of ram and cpu, and you can turn it on/off at will or set it to run at windows startup. 

it also has system scan tool that can find alot of critical errors in your computer, run it once and then see how many errors it gives you. just make sure to turn off the "privacy sweep" setting because it will often delete internet cookies, which is fine, but if you play online flash games it will likely delete the info on the saved game file, only issue you have to worry about. 

not sure if it would help your problem but you could get your game to run better if you install something called Advanced System Care Free, it has a bunch of programs that can help you care for your computer in ways that normal windows can't, like a better optimizer/defragger. 

it has a program called turbo boost that allows you to close programs and stuff that aren't needed while you play your game, basically freeing up alot of ram and cpu, and you can turn it on/off at will or set it to run at windows startup. 

it also has system scan tool that can find alot of critical errors in your computer, run it once and then see how many errors it gives you. just make sure to turn off the "privacy sweep" setting because it will often delete internet cookies, which is fine, but if you play online flash games it will likely delete the info on the saved game file, only issue you have to worry about. 

Thanks for the sharing this but to be honest if he did not need to do this before U15 why should he have to do this now?

It's clear that U15 is full of bugs (STILL), specially on 32bit systems like XP, to make things worse is that DE does know about them but have failed to produce an update that fixes the problems with loading missions. I honestly think they have not tested each update to work with XP because it seems apparent that if they had they would run into these problems immediately each time.

I'm one of the many that have not had the opportunity to enjoy any part of the game since U15 due to not being able to load a single mission without crashing. I have been playing this for a while (M16 now) and this U15 is by far the worst update I have experienced, I'm about ready to shelf this game and look for another to spend my money on.

Cmon DE, pull your socks up and do some testing on legacy systems like XP, it's been 2 weeks now since U15 surely the devs would have sorted this out by now.

It's just a error pop-up saying "Driver Installation: Can't find INF-Files"

Screenshot it anyways, I want to see what's making that error box.

Thanks for the sharing this but to be honest if he did not need to do this before U15 why should he have to do this now?

It's clear that U15 is full of bugs (STILL), specially on 32bit systems like XP, to make things worse is that DE does know about them but have failed to produce an update that fixes the problems with loading missions. I honestly think they have not tested each update to work with XP because it seems apparent that if they had they would run into these problems immediately each time.

I'm one of the many that have not had the opportunity to enjoy any part of the game since U15 due to not being able to load a single mission without crashing. I have been playing this for a while (M16 now) and this U15 is by far the worst update I have experienced, I'm about ready to shelf this game and look for another to spend my money on.

Cmon DE, pull your socks up and do some testing on legacy systems like XP, it's been 2 weeks now since U15 surely the devs would have sorted this out by now.

1 - Well, some XP systems can still run the game, DE's systems may fall into that category.

2 - Stats show that XP users are by far in the minority.  The OS is over 13 years old by now, and one problem is that a lot of programming and development tools are starting to drop support for XP due to it having so many differences from newer OS versions (NT5 -> NT6 changed a lot).  Chances are these issues are going to become more and more common.

1 - Well, some XP systems can still run the game, DE's systems may fall into that category.

2 - Stats show that XP users are by far in the minority.  The OS is over 13 years old by now, and one problem is that a lot of programming and development tools are starting to drop support for XP due to it having so many differences from newer OS versions (NT5 -> NT6 changed a lot).  Chances are these issues are going to become more and more common.

1. Really? they may run the game but being able to play it without crashing everytime is not what I consider an acceptable scenario

2. Yes XP is old but if warframe does not support it anymore then take it off their website's system requirements list, if they still support it then it's fair to say that supporting it becomes part of their mandate for their members right?

XP was working fine before U15 so if it no longer works after this update then they should be able to fix it right? they are just simply taking too damn long to do it!

Well, some XP systems can still run the game, DE's systems may fall into that category.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit btw, and this is the computer in question: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K72JT/ (Mine is 2-3 years old as well)

here is the screenshot

http://i.imgur.com/V2Vo3wI.jpg?1

Edited by Catkillerfive

1. Really? they may run the game but being able to play it without crashing everytime is not what I consider an acceptable scenario

2. Yes XP is old but if warframe does not support it anymore then take it off their website's system requirements list, if they still support it then it's fair to say that supporting it becomes part of their mandate for their members right?

XP was working fine before U15 so if it no longer works after this update then they should be able to fix it right? they are just simply taking too damn long to do it!

What I meant by number 1 is that DE's systems may not be crashing at all, and if you can't reproduce the crash it's hard to find what's causing it.

And what I meant by number 2 is that it might be some dev tools or libraries or new coding techniques they're using, and if so then it's not a simple fix because workarounds may be needed, or undoing changes, but if new u15 things rely on the changes and would break that just causes more issues, etc.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit btw, and this is the computer in question: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K72JT/ (Mine is 2-3 years old as well)

here is the screenshot

http://i.imgur.com/V2Vo3wI.jpg?1

That's weird.  Does the driver install tool pop up a little window asking if it's allowed to run any any time?