Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Kubrow Mash Up

4ever4gotin

I’ve seen a couple concepts on the topic of “Zanuka” followers or “Hyenas” as well. Although somewhat appealing I admit, I would always prefer something along the lines of the Kubrow model. To me it looks more appealing, a more canine look.

I also favored the Corpus design as well, very angular and geometric as opposed to the Grineer’s curved and bubbly look.

So I’ve decided to mash those two things together and draw something while learning GIMP (poor man’s photoshop). I’ve came up with two variations one Augmented style and one “skinned”.

DmVa4G1.png

About:

The Augmented was supposed to look more like the Corpus butchered a captured kubrow for genetic material, to try and improve their chances of breeding their own. Then they decide to keep the beast, slap on a few augments, and try to tame what’s left of it. (AKA Typical Valkyr storyline)

The “skinned” type, although just a fully armored version of the previous, was supposed to be … well like a skin. So that players who have a morality issue about using tortured/experimented Kubrows can rest easy... I guess? Anyhow you can obtain it probably from raiding XX corpus outpost and suit up you doge.

-Three versions of the same helmet, or no helmet if that’s your thing.
-Three Optional Slot attachments (purely cosmetic)
                -First one being the Regenerator Packs, very glow-y, crackle and spark every now and then.
                -Second is the Active Camouflage disk, Remains slightly faded and stealthy looking. Spooky.
                -Lastly Combat Cephalon! Now your very helpful Cephalon can journey with you! Spouting all
                sorts of helpful advice and wonderful facts!

I kind of had the idea to tag these Optionals to the four versions of Kubrows
(Raksa -> Regenerator, Huras -> ACD, Sunika -> Cephalon, and Sahasa -> I don’t know…backpacks ??)
But keeping them unbound means you can cycle through whatever fits your fancy.

If we’re going augment style your new corpus-kubrow (Cubrow for now) could get slight variations in their abilitys

Possible ability alterations:

Raksa
-Regenerator (yea lazy naming but whatever): a variation of protect, instead of providing a chunking shield recharge every now and then while beside you it’ll now provide a consistent non stop shield regen kinda like Renewal from Oberon but for shields. With reduced effectiveness at further distances and will disable if Your Kubrow shields fall to zero.

-Screamer: a variation of Howl, your kubrow will emit a high pitched shriek that’ll stun nearby enemies. Shorter range than howl and lower duration.

Huras
-Stealth drain: variation on Stalk, while in cloak you’ll apply Magnetic procs to nearby enemies and upon de-cloaking have an element of surprise damage buff (slight damage boost for a short duration). This version of stealth has a lower cloak duration and longer ability cool down.

-Scout: variation of Hunt, Upon a period of no enemies your Kubrow will rush ahead in stealth and mark targets on you mini map. Draw backs over original, Kubrow will not stealth you while scouting but will return as soon as you encounter danger.

Sunika
-Takedown: variation on Unleashed, will charge towards a marked target with a surrounding electric field shocking all enemies in its path and Knocking the target to the floor. Has a long cool down, Sunika is not invulnerable during usage.

-Adrenaline Rush: variation on Savagery, will increase a sunika’s durability and damage depending on how low its health is. Does not allow it to perform finishing moves and receives a reduction in damage and durability upon being revived for a short period.

Sahasa
-Hordor Hoarder: variation of Dig, the kubrow will hold various items/ammo/lifesupport collected and will deposit them out to its owner when a 50% mark is reached ( 50% LS, 50% ammo, 50% energy/health). Kubrow will not however generate items like dig, and will lose half of current stock upon being downed. Also a limited holding space. (no concreate number I just don't know)

-Sahasa will share either Takedown or Adrenaline Rush from Sunika. But most likely Adrenaline rush.

All these variations cannot be used in conjunction with their counterparts (no Dig + Hoarder) But can be used if an additional Ability polarity is present (you can have Regnerator + Howl + Scavenger)

TL;DR

Robo Doge, wow, very corpus, so armored, much stuff, many changes.

The design seems pretty nice.

Not going to lie though, it reminded me of.... -snip-

Heh, yeah that Blade wolf vibe. I would've kept the toe similar to moa's but I just got lazy drew one bladed leg and copied it for the rest xD

Don't augment or change the poor thing, that is what the Grineer do with their body enhancements.

It is far more in keeping with the game if a very small Quadruped Proxy, who's approximate outline matched that of a Kubrow, was produced to replace Frohd Bek's unfortunate failure at acquiring a Kubrow.

-snip-

Well, Alad V did chop up and mad scientist'ed tenno into Zanuka, which many people still push to have as follower XD. So augmenting in my book sounds fine. You could just side with the full armor ver since that does kind of fit your description as well as being an alternative skin for the base kubrow

Lol xD !

Not a bad concept and nice art too ! But one thing disturb me about this "robotic-armor" ...

Augmentation is understandably disturbing, as for the full armor version is it the feet? They are kinda small like to "fit" into, or is it the lower jaw? It was the only part that I didn'the draw a Kudrow base for.

He doesn't chop up the Tenno and make them into Zanuka, all he uses is our Warframes.

Hmmmm, well if I cut up a occupied warframe where does the tenno go? Do they feel anything? In one of the trailers, was it called the profit?, mag was about to sliced up and sold off, and you could tell that a tenno was present in Mag.

Well sinister things happen in the warframe universe no matter which side you pick. As to what happens in the zanuka process not enough is explained yet.

You could pull off the whole tenno are energy beings and escape the warframe pre-process argument sparing them any harm argument.

I don't the know, I just like grim dark things it makes triumphs over them far sweater.

Regardless of whether we're chopped up or not, he still only wants the Wareframe.

Thus the Augmentation element doesn't exist, since he captures us, kills us and then uses our Warframe, chucking us out the eternal airlock.

Well you can't really say augmentation doesn't exist corpus side, we don't know that. Even now Salad has been utilizing the infested to breed an army. And i'd assume most of the volunteers used to be corpus/grineer. Let's put that as some sort of biological augmentation.(somehow being able to control the infested)

And as you said Grineer augment them selves due to genetic mishaps. Which might probably be more a grineer thing to do then, augment wise, but they still do genetic research/experimentation/augmentation through the work of Tyl regor and having an "armored" kubrow breed.

Also Nerf Anyo is known sell cyro pods supposedly with warframes inside to buyers of nefarious intentions, all of which are not know specifically. So there nothing stopping a research group trying to augment their test subjects with tech.

I mean corpus have a Fusion MOA using orokin tech, it may not be alive but certainly an augment over a standard MOA, I'd consider Warframes them selves to be augments to their users, a complete augmentation that's a suit which feeds off its user.

You could say Valkyr was an augmented/experimented/tortured warframe, but if it's just a warframe, why is it so angry?

Well you can't really say augmentation doesn't exist corpus side, we don't know that. Even now Salad has been utilizing the infested to breed an army. And i'd assume most of the volunteers used to be corpus/grineer. Let's put that as some sort of biological augmentation.(somehow being able to control the infested)

And as you said Grineer augment them selves due to genetic mishaps. Which might probably be more a grineer thing to do then, augment wise, but they still do genetic research/experimentation/augmentation through the work of Tyl regor and having an "armored" kubrow breed.

Also Nerf Anyo is known sell cyro pods supposedly with warframes inside to buyers of nefarious intentions, all of which are not know specifically. So there nothing stopping a research group trying to augment their test subjects with tech.

I mean corpus have a Fusion MOA using orokin tech, it may not be alive but certainly an augment over a standard MOA, I'd consider Warframes them selves to be augments to their users, a complete augmentation that's a suit which feeds off its user.

You could say Valkyr was an augmented/experimented/tortured warframe, but if it's just a warframe, why is it so angry?

she just have been dissected :3

I love the art and the concept. However it's a little on the un lore friendly side because the corpus make proxies of animals. They don't combined technology with organic material. That does not mean they can't but it would make more sense if they made a proxy

I love the art and the concept. However it's a little on the un lore friendly side because the corpus make proxies of animals. They don't combined technology with organic material. That does not mean they can't but it would make more sense if they made a proxy

Yea I kinda agree they never did ever do a flesh to metal intergration. But I would love it if they took it to that level. Thanks for liking the art though, still learning the ropes.