Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profile Icons On The New Forum Design

Imaru

With the new design, I noticed that a lot of profile icons, mainly the dark ones, look out of place. They seem to contrast too heavily with the white background. Even the light ones look a bit off to me. Perhaps make them have a feathered edge (photoshop term for faded) or give them a neutral border, like a grey or similar.

Alternative, you could redesign them, but I think that's the worst option.

I think this could be accomplished by giving the entire text display area a wave of shading. Anything darker than white.
I know my profile icon looks pretty bad in the new theme, and the only ones that I've seen look good are a couple of the admins'.

Adding a layer of grey would solve three birds with one stone, mainly that the theme is too white to actually want to use for extensive periods of time (and I really need to be able to, currently on dark theme), the contrast would breathe a lot of shape into the forum, as it currently looks like a lot of white melding, and it would bring the profile pics some justice.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page under the new forum layout you'll see on the lower left a little bar titled "Change Theme" you can select the original dark layout by clicking there

I know you can change the theme back to the old one, but I was talking about the new theme. I was providing my opinion on the forum icons on the white background.