Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Support Is Horrible

Alphas

I find that using a controller to play Warframe on the PC is an absolute chore. I can't use a keyboard on account of my massively large hands, I'm constantly brushing other keys and screwing things up, so I have to use a gamepad to play my PC games. In it's current state, the Evolution engine's controller support is a travesty. It is physically impossible (for some stupid reason) to fully recreate the console control scheme. The engine, at that point, restricts functions, removing the power select menu, action rolling, and so much more. Not only that, but the PC version makes the controller have two reload buttons. Secondly, the controller support in menus is completely broken. It is almost impossible to navigate through menus with a controller, and it is literally impossible to interact with the Arsenal with a controller. I find myself gaming on my Surface Pro 3 while traveling, and a lot of times, I don't have room for my mandatory keyboard and mouse, so I set it up with just the controller. I am not able to interact with any menus while using it, I can't even select a mission without having to awkwardly poke at my screen hoping that the UI sway doesn't move the buttons around making it impossible to even select a mission.  Even in combat, using the controller is a chore, the sensativity is either too twitchy or too sluggish.  Freerunning is also really annoying with a controller, I find myself constantly sprinting into a wall just to climb up a ledge.  There also needs to be, in my opinion, an aim snap system that allows players to quickly snap to a target rather than trying to sluggishly pan the camera across the screen trying to aim at an enemy.  The snap doesn't need to be a lock like in GTA, but it at least would have to snap to a traget.  On an unrelated topic, there needs to be a cover system so players don't get stuck trying to hide behind some little box.  I know from a lot of experience, that trying to hide from enemies who are fireing at me, can be really frsutrating with the poor controller quality. 

I seriously think the controller support on the PC version needs a severe update and soon.

i use the mouse an kb out of game :c

I have to use a controller, my big hands come from my Scandinavian heratige, everyone in my family has giant meat hunks attached to the ends of our arms.  Our hands a pretty much dinner plates with overstuffed sausages glued on.  I really need to use controllers for pretty much every game I play.

To be fair DE has recently focused on Controller support, though still not enough. 

Except for one or two games or non-action games, I never use, or hardly use kb & mouse to play video games. I am so envious of players who are able to use them, especially for WF. No matter how many times I have tried and even forcing myself to use them, I am still not able to use them to play game. I've ended up mapped many games on Xpadder and for the others, even MMO games, I just give up or playing less and less. Something thing like this is so simple and small, yet many devs seemed to have failed to see a negligence so critical for some players. You can make it work so well on the console's yet you can't even put the same controller supports for PC players.

Thanks to DE, that when I first picked up WF, I was able to use to the xbox controller to move around and shooting and playing; and that was one of major reasons why I'm here today. I see some controller mapping of WF and UI on PS4 & XB1 and they look great. I hope DE at least would some time to look at the controller support for us PC again.

To be fair DE has recently focused on Controller support, though still not enough. 

Except for one or two games or non-action games, I never use, or hardly use kb & mouse to play video games. I am so envious of players who are able to use them, especially for WF. No matter how many times I have tried and even forcing myself to use them, I am still not able to use them to play game. I've ended up mapped many games on Xpadder and for the others, even MMO games, I just give up or playing less and less. Something thing like this is so simple and small, yet many devs seemed to have failed to see a negligence so critical for some players. You can make it work so well on the console's yet you can't even put the same controller supports for PC players.

Thanks to DE, that when I first picked up WF, I was able to use to the xbox controller to move around and shooting and playing; and that was one of major reasons why I'm here today. I see some controller mapping of WF and UI on PS4 & XB1 and they look great. I hope DE at least would some time to look at the controller support for us PC again.

I think besides working with getting the controlls squared away, that they need to work on fixing how the aiming mechanics work.  I find myself just spec into melee and just run around slashing my way through things, because aiming is just so sluggish and annoying.  Everything is either too jittery, or too slow.

coming back after update 15 i noticed that the controller additions they made ruined the game for me.  they rolled back some of it and other problems were bugs that got fixed, but the biggest issue for me is now the slide mechanic.  I think in an effort to bring some parity to the 3 builds they brought the problems with controls on console over to PC, which is super frustrating.  My controller layout was complex, but i was able to get everything on there, but now i cant play the game anymore because the hold to crouch button now has roll attached to it like on console causing a severe delay to the slide.  On M&K this is a none issue because hold to crouch still works the same way it always did, i.e. no roll attached, and used to on controller.  after 500 hours i can no longer play because of these ongoing changes they made.  the slide is so clunky now that i keep dying over and over because my agility went from full ninja to a guy with a broken ankle.

i know my problems are different from yours but i wanted you to know that there are numerous issues with controllers now, and you arent alone :)

coming back after update 15 i noticed that the controller additions they made ruined the game for me.  they rolled back some of it and other problems were bugs that got fixed, but the biggest issue for me is now the slide mechanic.  I think in an effort to bring some parity to the 3 builds they brought the problems with controls on console over to PC, which is super frustrating.  My controller layout was complex, but i was able to get everything on there, but now i cant play the game anymore because the hold to crouch button now has roll attached to it like on console causing a severe delay to the slide.  On M&K this is a none issue because hold to crouch still works the same way it always did, i.e. no roll attached, and used to on controller.  after 500 hours i can no longer play because of these ongoing changes they made.  the slide is so clunky now that i keep dying over and over because my agility went from full ninja to a guy with a broken ankle.

i know my problems are different from yours but i wanted you to know that there are numerous issues with controllers now, and you arent alone :)

It's great to know that I'm not alone with the controller issues.  I also think that the slide function slides too much without control.  I also get annoyed that the slide strike almost never hits.

It's great to know that I'm not alone with the controller issues.  I also think that the slide function slides too much without control.  I also get annoyed that the slide strike almost never hits.

All we can do is keeping talking about this and they are bound to see these threads eventually.

• 1 month later...

The way I have set it up is to crouch with the right thumbstick, when i double tap it it will perform a roll function. Not sure what your problem is, but just saying.