Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking + Hp&armor = Ehp Formula?

TwiceDead

Question

9 answers to this question

well wouldn't you get more out of QT because increased armour makes you take less damage?

Like armour doesn't make the energy to hp conversion any better, but you take less hp damage so you can live longer?

/shrug

Edited by Deadmice

Wiki, seriously, it has everything.

It isn't affected by HP or armor, it's a flat number.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Quick_Thinking - "Energy lost via Quick Thinking utilizes the armor value of your warframe"

more armor -> less dmg to hp -> less energy lost

Q2: EHPtotal = [EHP of HP + Armor] + EHP from QT

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/ArmorEHIPS = NH * 60/53 * ( 1 + 67/60 * AR/300 )

Wiki, seriously, it has everything.

It isn't affected by HP or armor, it's a flat number.

I'm pretty sure it is affected by armor. In Gate Crash my valkyr with quick thinking was rather resilient when my HP got to 2, much more than my other frames with similar energy pools.

since Quick Thinking is affected by Armor (yes, it is, don't argue that it isn't, it is), it's a simple addition to the calculation.

multiply your Energy Pool by 2.4, and add it onto your Warframe's Health.

then calculate the Damage Reduction your Armor gives you.

then add Shields onto it.

Effective health = nominal health * ( 1 + net armor / 300 )

so to add Quick Thinking, just add how much Health Quick Thinking adds from your Energy.

Edit: in other words, add the 'Health' from Quick Thinking into the formula tallied up with your actual Health.

Edited by taiiat

yes, it is, don't argue that it isn't, it is

QFT

That's also the easiest way to think of it. Although I do (armor+300)/300 instead of adding 1 to the multiplier, simpler to do on windows calculator imo :P

Etc I have Valkyr with Primed Flow (425e), QT (2.4x), Vitality (740 hp), and Steel Fiber (1260 armor) all maxxed. I've got 425 energy, which becomes 1020 health, which I add to my 740 health to make 1760 health. I then multiply by 1+armor/300 [or armor+300 and then divide by 300 so I don't have to use brackets in the calculator :P) and get 9152 effective health. Toss on her 150 shields and that setups looking at 9302 effective health.

Of course, that's on paper; you'd have to reserve however much energy to get back into Hysteria if you were ever taking that much damage, but it's more of a rough idea.

That's also the easiest way to think of it. Although I do (armor+300)/300 instead of adding 1 to the multiplier, simpler to do on windows calculator imo :P

certainly. you could do it that way. 

i avoid using the Windows Calculator for anything but simple arithmetic though. it's just not very intuitive for me.

so i use my own calculator as a fallback for 'real math'.