Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neurodes And Neural Sensors - Let's Solve Their Confusions Once And For All!

Azamagon

Yeah, I know I've done quite a few threads about fixing up confusions in this game and such, but never one dedicated SOLELY to just these 2 resources.

Why did I decide to do one then?

Because DE are getting confused... again!

Before I go into the current details, let's go into the history of these 2 messed up resources, as it is actually important:

- Back in the days -

Where the resources dropped (on the starchart) has always been the same:

* Neurodes dropped on Earth (Grineer planet) and Eris (Infested planet)

* Neural Sensors dropped on Jupiter (Back then, an Infested planet)

This is how they were set up in regards to their pictures, their descriptions and what items they were mainly used for in crafting:

* Neurodes looked like infested eyeballs, were described as infested mass -BUT- were mainly used in crafting Grineer weaponry (such as Grakata, Hek, Sobek, Kraken, Hind, Amphis etc).

* Neural Sensors looked like Grineer devices (has a Grineer symbol on it), were described as Grineer augmentations -BUT- were mainly used for infested-related stuff (such as the Mire and Tenno helmets)

So, you can obviously see a confusion, they were mixed up quite a bit:

Grineer device, used for... Tenno/Infested stuff? And it drops from Infested? Mkay...

Infested gooey stuff, used for Grineer stuff?? At least it drops from Grineer... oh, AND infested... >_>

- Currently -

Now, some planets were changed and the descriptions were swapped between the resources. Which means we have this:

Drop locations:

* Neurodes drops on Earth (Grineer planet), Eris (Infested planet) and the Derelicts (Orokin turned Infested places)

* Neural Sensors drops on Jupiter (Corpus planet)

This is how they are set up in regards to their pictures, their descriptions and what items they are mainly used for in crafting:

* Neurodes are described as Grineer augmentations, are still mainly used in crafting Grineer weaponry (also in some Tenno stuff now) -BUT- they look like infested eyeballs

* Neural Sensors are described as infested mass, are still mainly used for infested-related stuff (and in some Grineer stuff too now) -BUT- looks like Grineer devices

So, the problem just shifted over to being a picture- and droplocation-problem. But this was actually a progress, as I will talk about next...

Thus, with that said, it is clear that what needs to be done now:

* Swap the pictures - Then picture/description/crafting will ALL make much better sense. Some weapons will still be odd, but at least they would be fixed in the greater concept.

* After that, change one of their names ENTIRELY, so DE stops confusing the 2 resources. For example; The now infested looking one,  name it something like "Ocular Tissue", since it looks like an eyeball *shrugs*

* Swap around where they drop, just a tiny bit (I'd like a bigger overhaul, but I'll get to the important parts). I'd suggest this:

1) Neurodes (Grineer Device) still drops on Earth, but also on Phobos (instead of Rubedo or something). No longer drops in the Derelicts. Maybe add it to one more Grineer planet? Like, on Ceres? (and move Orokin Cells over to Pluto, we don't really need Alloy Plates there as well)?

2) Neural Sensors Ocular Tissue (Infested Eyeball) still drops on Jupiter, but also on Eris and in the Derelicts.

Note: Even if Corpus are the "rulers" off Jupiter right now, it used to be an Infested planet, so it still makes sense there.

Then it would FINALLY look decent...

... but wait, we actually got a somewhat recent response to this! What are we promised?

This:

The time has come... this bug of ages past... will soon be no more... fix coming in next Update.

Edit: Descriptions are being swapped = fix

*sigh*

DE, seriously now. Don't you know your own history and/or past problems? You are just going back to square 1 if you do that! It won't fix ANYTHING! If you feel you don't have the time to fix it thoroughly, but still want to do a quick "fix", then at least swap the -PICTURES-

EDIT:

How convenient - Update 15.15 just launched, and with it, the description swaps...

Guess they don't really know about their own history and/or past problems after all T_T

Edited by Azamagon

how about DE just freakin cleans up their mess of a game?

its not that difficult to correct the drop tables and the item descriptions and the crafting recipes in the foundry/market

neurodes - infested mass, drops from infested territories, used in infested gear/tech

neural sensors - grineer tech, drops from grineer territories, used in grineer gear/tech

boom, done

2 freakin years of work i just solved in 10 seconds, hire me DE, ill save you thousands of wasted man hours

As a relatively new player, I always thought neural sensors were corpus technology.

originally, control modules were the rare corpus resource, back in CB we had to farm them from the hyena on neptune and they were super rare, like you might get a couple in a week

then DE added them to the void drop tables and raised their drop rates at the same time, all of a sudden, anyone who ever farmed the void for prime parts had thousands of CMs now... =/ completely nullifying their place as a rare resource (whoever is in charge of resource drop rates/locations/crafting requirements/etc over at DE is completely out of touch with the game)

originally, control modules were the rare corpus resource, back in CB we had to farm them from the hyena on neptune and they were super rare, like you might get a couple in a week

then DE added them to the void drop tables and raised their drop rates at the same time, all of a sudden, anyone who ever farmed the void for prime parts had thousands of CMs now... =/ completely nullifying their place as a rare resource (whoever is in charge of resource drop rates/locations/crafting requirements/etc over at DE is completely out of touch with the game)

Heh, when I first started, control modules were the hardest resource for me to get to build a frame.  I've also run a few new players through the Neptune boss to farm them some control modules.  They were pretty rare on the star chart, but I agree, the void having such an abundance of them is pretty silly.

how about DE just freakin cleans up their mess of a game?

its not that difficult to correct the drop tables and the item descriptions and the crafting recipes in the foundry/market

neurodes - infested mass, drops from infested territories, used in infested gear/tech

neural sensors - grineer tech, drops from grineer territories, used in grineer gear/tech

boom, done

2 freakin years of work i just solved in 10 seconds, hire me DE, ill save you thousands of wasted man hours

Well, that's the "TL;DR" version of it all. But if DE are to fix it, they need help to do it thoroughly, hence why I had such a thorough explanation in the OP.

And funnily enough, even if they did EXACTLY what you did, they'd probably mess up the pictures, then (due to the confusion) start swapping something else around, like the description... which they just did xDDD It's tragic, but I can't help but laugh at the incompetence either.

As a relatively new player, I always thought neural sensors were corpus technology.

I can understand the confusion, honestly. But if you look closely (maybe needs to be zoomed in) there is a giant Grineer symbol on it.

As an old player, I think the drop rates on these 2 resources are insane.

Neural Sensors are a big problem. Mastery Rank 19, played about 2000 hours ... and I'm always in need of Neural Sensors. Neurodes though? Nope, got 100+. I think it stems from the fact that Neural Sensors only drop from ONE planet, which is also a big issue (which I did mention in the OP)

Heh, when I first started, control modules were the hardest resource for me to get to build a frame.  I've also run a few new players through the Neptune boss to farm them some control modules.  They were pretty rare on the star chart, but I agree, the void having such an abundance of them is pretty silly.

Urgh, don't remind me about the scarcity of control modules *shudders* :P

It is the ONLY resource I actually ever bought with platinum. Yes, I did. Once. I really needed it back then. Now I have thousands of CMs due to them dropping like candy in the Void T_T

And yeah, the resources, where they drop, that is in need of a big overhaul. I think the most important ones to fix are Neurodes and Neural Sensors though, which is why I mentioned drop location changes for those 2 in the OP.

I am working on a suggestion about changing the drop locations (so they make sense with the factions and planets etc), I guess I could throw those in to a spoiler in the OP here?