Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gameplay: Honey, we're on camera.

Ced23Ric

Oh hai,

First, this happened:

I'd like to make a request please Ced23Ric. It's a bit off topic but could you make a "Tutorial" Video on how to get through Laser doors. With different Warframes and with the "Sprint Slide" or "Roll" and show people what a camera is and where to look.

Then, this happened:

Corpus Cameras in Warframe (CBT) by Digital Extremes.

Keep in mind, I am in no way shape or form a ... professional. The mic is my headset, the recording is Fraps, the conversion from original footage to a lower resolution takes quite an impact on the quality. Nevertheless, it should get the point across.

Yeah, there's a lot of confusion about supposed to be running through or rolling through them, which is actually a VERY BAD IDEA. All you need to do is shoot red cameras (and green cameras before they see you, to prevent it from happening in the first place.)

Good job Ced23Ric. I hope this will clear any confusion that people will have about the laser doors.

Now we need a Tutorial/Hints and Tips Forum page.

So next time someone has a laser fit on the forums, point them to this post. Happy hunting!

Edited by Enjio

Now all we need is for this information to reach the eyes of everyone else playing! I can't count the number of times I've been stuck because someone in another part of the level has triggered a camera which then puts those laser barriers on all of the doors. Everytime we came across them, it seemed i was the only person who bothered looking for a camera.

I don't see what is so hard to figure out. You run into an area, hear this godawful alarm going off, and the lasers activate. I looked around and there was a "security camera", shot it, and moved on.

It's an impediment sometimes, sure. But you are kinda breaking into THEIR ship, security is tight. Although they might want to fix the camera lights upon detection. It might give intruders the location of the camera, and that shooting it is the right thing to do.

I don't see what is so hard to figure out.

You would be surprised. While I agree that cameras are neither an issue, nor hard to understand, some people do not make these connections. It is a matter of trained reflexes for those who have gamed a little longer. ;)

It's actually not that easy to see. Because it has a big red or green particle that indicates it's activity, you can't even see the camera itself. With the exception of the vague color difference, it looks mostly like any other light in a room (due to the bloom probably). Also it is a pretty drastic change in an otherwise identical environment (same internal ship tiles), with no real indicator from your handler as to how to handle it. It's definitely not in the tutorial!