Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, When Are Scythes Getting Scythe-Related Finishers?

ENIAK_Prime

Seriously. I up and sold my Ether Reaper a while back because despite the fact that I LOVE scythes, the finishers do not evoke a sense of scythe-ness. Now the Anku is here and it is the coolest damned looking scythe in the whole game. I LOVE it's design! But I just can't ENJOY it because the finishers are the exact same dumb and boring stuff it's always been!

The front finisher is the exact same as the machete (not to mention it's ridiculously boring to watch compared to other more satisfyingly brutal finishers like longsword or greatswords).

And BACK finisher is shared with heavy weapons! And that is NOT HOW YOU SHOULD USE A SCYTHE TO EXECUTE SOMEONE FROM BEHIND.

The down finisher (enemies laying on the floor) is also shared with GreatSwords. (by the way, Kudos on finally giving the hammers their own down finishers. That always looked really weird. I'd suggest a new back finisher for GreatSwords, though). Again, it just doesn't look right with scythes.

If y'need some suggestions here are some very simple ideas.

FRONT FINISHER - Hook the blade around the enemy's midsection and jerk back.

BACK FINISHER - Hook the blade around the enemy's neck and jerk back.

DOWN FINISHER - Pin the enemy down with yer foot. Hook the blade around the enemy's neck and jerk back.

Seriously. Fellow Tenno, how much money would you throw at the screen to make this happen? Be honest.

FRONT FINISHER - Hook the blade around the enemy's midsection and jerk back.

BACK FINISHER - Hook the blade around the enemy's neck and jerk back.

DOWN FINISHER - Pin the enemy down with yer foot. Hook the blade around the enemy's neck and jerk back.

Instead of "around the enemy's ###", why not "inside the enemy's ###'?

Instead of "around the enemy's ###", why not "inside the enemy's ###'?

Well, to be fair the Anku DOES have a mechanism that folds the blade close to the shaft. It could fold up, then you could stab it into the enemy's gut, then it could unfold out the other end and you could rip back out. HELL yeah!

Other scythes wouldn't be able to do that, sadly, but who cares about other scythes!

• 4 months later...

I'd support this. It's even more than that though. I'm making a post soon but I feel that every weapon in the game should have at least 3-5 different stealth kill animations that should all be unique to that weapon and some stance specific sets. So for exaple, Great Swords could have their own 3-5 animations shared between all 3 stances because the sword style never changes. With the Dragon Nikana, you could make 3 sets... one for each stance because the styles ACTUALLY change.

Tranquil Cleave - Kinda Traditional Sheathing style so the sheath could play into more combos and the actual stealth kills. It's also more one handed than anything.

Decisive Judgment - More of a Two-Handed style. So the assassinations would all be able to be done with two hands on the sword. But at the same time you could use the same animations for TC and this stance...

Blind Justice - But with Bl.J, it's completely different so it NEEDS to have it's own set of animations.

I'm making my post soon. Watch out for it.