Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Bug: Stuck Weaponless And Powerless After Sabotage Portal

BrazilianJoe

This happens when attempting to activate Exalted Blade while some other non-breakable animation is hapenning. 

I was able to do it consistently when trying to go through Sabotage portals. 

All powers deactivate when going through, and Excalibur' s EB has a long shutdown animation. 

If I try to activate EB while the game-triggeered deactivation animation is still ongoing (just after going through the portal), EB is not activated, Excalibur sheathes EB but picks up no weapon, and switching to primary/secondary/melee does not work, and powers cannot be cast. 

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

It's not just a Sabotage issue; I run an interception today and every time I was de-activating EB I was unarmed, I had to manually switch to weapons again.

It's an EB bug, I'd say!

There's  more to it than that, if you read the description. I was unable to switch weapons and cast powers. 

-----

I understand this problem to be: 

Game (crossing the Sabotage Portal) tells Exalted Blade to deactivate, but does not properly set a state to block powers from being cast. 

When casting the power too soon, the game does not prevent the power from being cast in the 'sheathe' animation. 

Power is then 'cast' but animation cannot start since the 'sheathe' animation can't be interrupted. 

Power then is in the 'casting' state but never really finishes casting, since the animation never starts, and blocks other powers and weapon switching. 

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

It's not just Sabotage - if you fall out of the map, like to an endless hole, when you respawn and re-cast Exalted Blade it will still work for a few seconds before deactivating on its own and leaving you unarmed. Sometimes it won't even let you switch weapons or use powers at all.

This bug apparently happens even if excalibur just deactivates exalted blade. I tried it w/o melee weapon and even with. It can be fixed by pressing "e" forcing you to use your melee weapon and change back to your primary HOWEVER, if you dont have a melee weapon on you, you have no chance of using any other weapon when exalted blade is deactivated even if it is deactivated MANUALLY.

I got this bug as well. After I fell off the cliff with the exalted blade activated and respawned back to the surface, if I try to reactivate the skill instantly right after the respawn my Excalibur can't perform any attacks or skills at all.

This has happened to me twice in the last two days, both in void T3 defense missions. I don't know what triggered it, but I tried manually deactivating Exalted Blade, he sheathed his ethereal skana and remained unarmed permanently. He wouldn't get any other weapon and I also couldn't use any of his abilities, I was completely useless. When I got killed, one of my teammates revived me and I got back up missing my melee weapon. After that, I was able to use all of my abilities, my rifle and my sidearm, but I didn't have a melee weapon. When using Slash Dash or EB, he acted as if I didn't have any melee equiped, only with that 250 base damage, and the base crit chance and multiplier from that energy skana of his. This is getting really aggravating, I'm avoiding taking excal on high level missions because of that. Hope DE does something about it as soon as possible.

Same, happened every time I run through Sab portal and recast or fall off the map and recast on spawn. Sometimes you can still use Slash Dash, Radial Blind and Radial Javelin but most of the times you just run around smiling at the enemy with your hand on your melee and die in a spectacular fashion.

• 5 weeks later...

I was in a Corpus Sabotage to destroy the reactor core and had EB active while opening the reactor core. The animation kept glitching as I was under fire and EB still autoparries even in the hacking animation. I was basically stuck in the animation and got shot to death.