Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Damage Mods (Serration, Point Blank, Pressure Point)

birdei

If weapons had a "built in serration" as they ranked up, Progression in Warfrae would be completly destroyed. It is far too easy to rank a weapon to 30, and now those MR2 with Boltor Prime are going to cheese the game even more. I would think that as you progress through the game you gain access to more damage, but if you link damage and weapon rank then you are pretty much stuck at the exact same damage over your life in Warframe.

My Computer has issues with using these forums, especially when trying to quote someone, so incase the quote fails to work, this is a reply to HecatesLover's post about progression.

While yes, these +damage mods do aid in progression, and in quite a nice way, this only works for the first time you rank up the mod.

After you get your +damage mod to full rank, leveling a different weapon no longer yields any progression. Instead of ranking up the mod with the weapon, thus having the weapon grow and progress in power, you now level the weapon until it finally has enough mod capacity for the max rank mod spiking the damage rather than progressing it.

Some might point out that one may simply be able to rank up a second instance of the same mod alongside the second weapon. To this, I point out that this method tends to use up lots of mods an credits for little more than a continued feeling of progression, and is rather counter-intuitive (and thus not a likely path to be taken), especially for newer players.

On a side note, I agree with ShortCat's point about mods being used for customization purposes.

On another note, your point about the number of available mod slots being a form of power balance, and your point about utility mods being underused in favor of raw power gain mods, are dead on.