Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Secura)Penta Damage Is Bug Reduced

TrinityPrime

Ran some simulicrum tests against level 100 enemies.  Ignoring the fact that explosives still auto-headshot most enemies (didn't auto-headshot rollers or chargers), I'm seeing a damage decrease on elemental damage.

Like Ancient Disrupters, using a pure blast build (serration+fire+ice) Penta does ~26.4% of the blast damage to it.  But hitting the Disrupter until Penta pulled a crit revealed a 4x damage multiplier indicating it was getting auto-headshotted so that 26.4% is actually a 13.2% damage (and somewhere in that 13.2% is the +50% damage to infested fossilized I assume).

First noticed the damage discrepancies while testing out viral damage Penta against grineer (ignoring armor and auto-headshots), I was seeing a viral damage multiplier of around 1.43 instead of 1.75.

Further testing showed the base blast damage without elementals is fine (ignoring auto-headshots) against everything except the ancient disrupters.  But as soon as you put in elemental mods their added damage outputs less than it says.

Also tested body shots, headshots, crit body shots, crit headshots with Lanka and Castanas (also ignoring it's auto-headshots), which showed no signs of the bugged damage.  I would test the other launchers like Ogris or Tonkor or Synoid Simulor but I'm too annoyed at how much time I just wasted on this rather than getting back to the droll credit farming...

And yes I am NOT wearing a Dragon Extinguished Key.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Ignore original post I misread a couple things. As for the discrepancy I tend to chalk it up to the variances of damage some shots do more damage some do a bit lower.

I repeated the shots multiple times on each target type. Damage was predictably the same and crit shots matched the 2x or 4x damage mult.