Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal Fall Through Floor.

Cavan

More or less what the title says, twice in a row I have tried to fight the jackal only to have it spawn knee high in the ground and after a few seconds or when it is first knocked down. It will then fall through the floor and die somewhere below the ground.

I've had the same problem... He seems to bug like that more than 50% of the times i try to kill him...i tried several times today, i fought him 7 times, he fell through the floor during 4 fights...it wouldnt be such a annoying bug, if he at least left the loot...

This just happened to me too. I was doing the alert mission at Cytherean, Venus. I was in the middle of a slide when the cutscene for the Jackal started and it was knee deep in the ground and when the cutscene ended the Jackal disappeared in the ground shortly after. A few seconds later Lotus told me the Jackal was defeated but there was no body or drops or anything.

This just happened to me too. I was doing the alert mission at Cytherean, Venus. I was in the middle of a slide when the cutscene for the Jackal started and it was knee deep in the ground and when the cutscene ended the Jackal disappeared in the ground shortly after. A few seconds later Lotus told me the Jackal was defeated but there was no body or drops or anything.

Exactly the same for me, except I wasn't sliding. Same Alert, exact same cutscene and outcome.

This happened to me as well on May 29 at 7 pm EST on Venus/Fossa.  The cutscene kicked in, and I was about to hit the <space> bar to skip it, and I noticed the Jackal was somewhat in the floor. After the cutscene, I sent some love to the Jackal in the leg with my shotgun, and the big guy fell through the floor. After about 20 or 30 seconds, the lovely Lotus pops in and says "It's the Grineer"...just kidding, but she did give me the go ahead and the mission objective was completed.

On a side note, making my Trinity a Super Shine Shine Pink Shorts Trinity (with the whole Forma thing) has been a test in patience, but I know it'll be worth it. I really enjoy the ability to customize pretty much anything in-game now and big props to everyone at DE; it's much appreciated.

On another side note, I started my clan called the Pink Shorts Brigade. So far it's been myself and I've been having a great time with myself and if there's a problem, I have myself to blame. I need more beer now because it will probably take about a year to complete my first reactor or research facility, but it's all good.

Heh, I was just about to post this too. I even took screenshots.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23689315/Jackal%201.png

^ Clearly glitched in the cutscene

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23689315/Jackal%202.png

^ I peek around the corner to see what's up

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23689315/Jackal%203.png

^ He sees me and falls down into the void, killing himself.

Easy win, sure, but no exp or rewards for killing him, I am disappoint.

I haven't been to Fossa in a bit, but I've noticed this happen EVERY time that I had to fight him via alert lately.

I just played the Jackal mission time is 04:05 BST 30th May!!!

and Yep he fell through the floor!!

Mission started and he was half way through then the level started and sloop he fell through the floor!!!

Poor olde mister Jackal!!!

This bug is the bane of my Warframe existence at the moment. I've been working towards Rhino since I installed the game, due to prior research, and now...well, you can see why this is an annoyance. Hope it gets fixed soon, as it is actually a bug that is ruining my fun.

1+ 

this needs a fix, i need my damn control module but, I cant farm it properly if this thing falls trough the floor 50% of the time. 

*edit*

Alright, I found a way how to kill him even if hes bugged. 1. If you see in the cutsceene that he is almost falling trough the floor, run to the farthest pillar. Dont come to close to the boss, or else he will stomp and fall trough the ground. Don't let him stomp !

Stay behind the pillar, Jakal will soon try to follow you, however he wont come far because he is stuck in the ground. Only shoot his face. He has a shield which regenerates fast, however you can get trough if you have a heavy modded weapon (i use my despair). Don't shot his legs or he will fall trough the ground. Just keep shooting his face until he dies. 

This doesn't work every time, because sometimes he still can move to close to you and do his stop. If you see him moving to close  just kite him and keep distance while still shooting his face. 

Edited by Kendoz