Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Turbulence Should Disperse Toxin Clouds.

Lukap99

Because physics.

Come to think about it, most of her abilities should also do this.

In fact, why don't we just give Zephyr an Air-Refreshener passive? We can call it the Foul Air Repression Turbulence System™.

Mostly because of the acronym.

So, how about it?

ADDITION #1: After an incredibly long and heavy debate I have decided that Turbulence can also blow out napalm fires using space-magic.

amendtment #1: Any attempts to explain how chemical (detonite) fires can be extinguished by fast winds shall be answered with "It's space magic".

amendment #2: Any attempts to rationalize space magic will be answered with "It's space magic, stop trying to rationalize it."

Edited by Lukap99

That one is debatable. Blowing out a candle, sure. Blowing into a campfire actually helps the fire to grow.

Then again, this is Warframe. Physics don't apply here.

When the FART System™ is strong enough to alter bullet paths, I'd imagine it would have enough strength to blow out camp fires. Or napalm fires, in our case.

...But then again, napalms use detonite to create fires, right? So I'm not sure what would happen realistically.

I suppose the correct choice is to do what would make sense in a game, and explain it as "space magic". So yeah, the FART System™ can also blow out napalm fires, by infusing wind with light levels of space-magic that blows so hard the detonite campfire gets extinguished, like a stealthy poot in a bachelor party after eating too much.

If Zephyr could somehow absorb all the O2 in the room, this would stop any fire... Also I wonder how can Tenno be affected by toxin gases, since they don't breathe, or at least, they have an internal rebreather - since they can survive in the vacuum of space, as seen whenever they go Archwing.

Edited by Enno69

If Zephyr could somehow absorb all the O2 in the room, this would stop any fire... Also I wonder how can Tenno be affected by toxin gases, since they don't breathe, or at least, they have an internal rebreather - since they can survive in the vacuum of space, as seen whenever they go Archwing.

Tenno are assumed to breathe, otherwise we would only be mildly inconvenienced by Survival missions.

Archwing has internal life support, so tenno can stay for long periods of time in the vacuum of space.

Headcanon: Tenno use their shield battery to fuel their innate magnetism to not fall off when you break a window (on ships). It later moves on to drain the battery of life support. Headcanon may be retconned by updating and expanding this mechanic in the future.

Edited by Lukap99

I certainly wouldn't mind Zephyr being more effective against Infested, although I don't think Turbulence should disperse toxin clouds that are part of a tileset and not generated by enemies. In addition to this, I think Turbulence should also disperse Swarm Mutalist MOAs' swarm clouds and redirect Tar Mutalist MOAs' tar shots away from her.

However, this brings me to a concern of mine. Turbulence is already amazingly effective, or at least it would be if its bugs were fixed. If every single bug or inconsistency with Turbulence was ironed out, which many Zephyr users including myself have been calling for, I think Turbulence would become only just below Blessing or Hysteria in terms of brokenness. Permanently disabling your ability to take damage generally isn't cool.

I would be totally open to an additional balancing measure to go along with ironing out Turbulence's inconsistencies, but that wouldn't address the root of the problem. Why do people find it necessary to permanently disable their ability to take damage in the first place? The answer seems to be enemy scaling.

Although this game is most balanced between level 30-40, we're all so absurdly strong that level 30-40 enemies die if we so much as cough on them. This forces us to turn to endless scaling as a means of facing a decent challenge. Enemy damage actually increases exponentially as levels climb, meaning that by the time we reach enemies that can pose a threat to us, we need either insane damage reduction or endless CC spam to keep ourselves alive. This is why some players have gotten the idea into their heads that it's somehow acceptable for Trinity or Valkyr to be able to do what would be considered hacking in any other game.

What we really need is for both enemy damage and survivability skills to be nerfed. This includes Turbulence. U18 promises an enemy scaling rework, so I'm cautiously optimistic for the future of survivability and endgame.