Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"I am Loki." - Long Overdue it Seems

SilverBones

I am Loki.

I cannot help but smile. It is a cold one, filled with promises of death and torment. Many warriors would panic in my position – pinned by ground forces and separated from their extraction.

But not I.

I am cunning. A warrior is more than the strength of his arm or the steadiness of her hand. The eyes, the mind and the heart are just as much a weapon as the Bolto or the Hek. I exhale as I break into a run. Ahead of me, my enemies see the shift of movement and open fire again. Bullets tear at my shields and threaten to fell me, but I am ready.

Muscles in my legs flex and I leap over the chasm to the electrical pit below, diving directly towards my trio of foes. The commander standing at the back meets my eyes and for a brief moment, I am sure he is aware of my plan. A flash of light, a feeling of warm displacement, and he and I swap places; space folded by my mastery over energy.

His companions stare in horror and shock as they watch their commander fall into a chasm of wires and sparkling death. His screams mask the unsheathing of my dagger, the triangular, silvery blade as much a part of me as my own arms.

It does not take much force for the blade to sink into the neck of the tall, mutated Grineer, sending a shower of blood in a cascade of shimmering ruby. It invigorates me; how musical his death rattle is to my ears. The last remaining Grineer turns to engage me, but his face is met by the barrel of my Lex. A staccato, barking sound and his skull turns to pulp, along with its contents.

I am delighted.

With no other obstacles between my exit and I, my weapons find their place back on my Warframe. I find myself mildly disappointed that there were not more of my enemy to trick and destroy, but there are always other battles.

My brothers and sisters may be weighed down by their calling, but I am the laughter that comes with the tears; the hysteria that dulls the ache of sorrow, and the smile through cold-hearted revenge.

I am Loki.

Holy hell, that's not too bad. I really like the character you gave Loki - it suits him pretty well.

I really liked the way you slapped in a nice use of the switch TP as well.

Now we need these for the other dozen warframes! :D

If you go through the Board, you will see the other ones I have done for the Rhino, Ash, Mag, Ember and Trinity. I even did one for the Lotus. I am just missing the Excalibur, Volt and whatever the new frames are.

Those will be coming soon!

Thanks for your feedback :)

You should collect all your "I am..." stories into one post, SilverBones. Or at least link to all of them in one post. They give a certain flavour (and insight?) to the frames that one might not get from the in-game descriptions. ;)

Edited by Windbow

I am almost done with mine. I think I have the character down now :)

Volt is a tough one to write for.

I think we both are gong to head in the same direction of he is a goal focused fellow. Mine is a bit of a pacifist, as in he doesn't kill everything.... unless it is his goal of course. :P Oh, and I'm going to be including Naked Nick so it's going to be fun.

Actually I think after I'm done with Volt I'm going to have to do a I Am for Naked Nick. It should be so much fun. :3

You should collect all your "I am..." stories into one post, SilverBones. Or at least link to all of them in one post. They give a certain flavour (and insight?) to the frames that one might not get from the in-game descriptions. ;)

Good plan. I had no real idea that it was going to expand so quickly :)

I am Loki.

I cannot help but smile. It is a cold one, filled with promises of death and torment. Many warriors would panic in my position – pinned by ground forces and separated from their extraction.

But not I.

I am cunning. A warrior is more than the strength of his arm or the steadiness of her hand. The eyes, the mind and the heart are just as much a weapon as the Bolto or the Hek. I exhale as I break into a run. Ahead of me, my enemies see the shift of movement and open fire again. Bullets tear at my shields and threaten to fell me, but I am ready.

Muscles in my legs flex and I leap over the chasm to the electrical pit below, diving directly towards my trio of foes. The commander standing at the back meets my eyes and for a brief moment, I am sure he is aware of my plan. A flash of light, a feeling of warm displacement, and he and I swap places; space folded by my mastery over energy.

His companions stare in horror and shock as they watch their commander fall into a chasm of wires and sparkling death. His screams mask the unsheathing of my dagger, the triangular, silvery blade as much a part of me as my own arms.

It does not take much force for the blade to sink into the neck of the tall, mutated Grineer, sending a shower of blood in a cascade of shimmering ruby. It invigorates me; how musical his death rattle is to my ears. The last remaining Grineer turns to engage me, but his face is met by the barrel of my Lex. A staccato, barking sound and his skull turns to pulp, along with its contents.

I am delighted.

With no other obstacles between my exit and I, my weapons find their place back on my Warframe. I find myself mildly disappointed that there were not more of my enemy to trick and destroy, but there are always other battles.

My brothers and sisters may be weighed down by their calling, but I am the laughter that comes with the tears; the hysteria that dulls the ache of sorrow, and the smile through cold-hearted revenge.

I am Loki.

I @#$%ing love you I would grab you and squeeze you right now

Because you're awesome you know that right? RIGHT?!!?

• 2 years later...