Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Construct

TwevOWNED

So, while I thoroughly enjoy playing Warframe, I noticed a distinct lack of summoning-esq. frames. These type of classes being my personal favorite in games, I decided to take a shot at making a concept for one.

CONSTRUCT

A tanky ish warframe with abilities that create minions to fight for the Tenno. Ideally this frame would be on the frontlines with his/her summons, and could deal out the hurt as well as dish it out.

Health: 100

Shields: 100

Energy: 125

Speed: 1.0

Armor: 100

I have two ability sets for CONSTRUCT

Set 1

Abilities are more utility based, having the ultimate ability being the only real “summoning” ability.

Ability A: Cryo Seekers (25 or 50 energy)

Tosses a handful of rollers, not unlike the grineer seeker, that hunts down enemies, latches onto them, and explode doing area frost damage.

-2/3/4/5 seekers launched

-Seekers deal 50/50/75/100 aoe frost damage.

Ability B:  Pyro Turret (50 or 75 energy)

Deploys a floating turret (think the size of an osprey) to a location/targeted ally. Holding down the ability will cause it to spawn on yourself. The turret deals fire damage in a cone infront of it, damaging all enemies in it.

-Lasts 15/20/25/30 seconds

-Damage done is 25/50/75/100 damage per second while being shot by turret and half that for 2 seconds after they stop being attacked. The turret fires in 3 second bursts with a 2 second “reload time” inbetween bursts.

Ability C: Shield Deployer (50 or 75 energy)

A blatant copy of the shield osprey. Can be placed like the pyro turret, and last just as long. Unlike the osprey however, the shield deployer can also shoot an electric charge at any enemy near it. Briefly stunning them.

-Stun deals 10/20/30/40 damage and stuns the enemy for .5/.5/1/1.5 seconds.

-Has a 2/2/1.5/1 second delay before firing again, enemies that have already been stunned cannot be stunned again for 3 seconds.

-Restores 20/35/50/65 shields per second. Does not restore its own shields, or the shields of any of CONSTRUCT’s drones. Can restore the shields of the cryopod.

Ability D: W0-1F (100 energy)

Targets and area, which after 5 seconds spawns the W0-1F, a mechanical houndlike robot to hunt down and kill the enemy of the Tenno. During the 5 seconds it is spawning, and any time after that, if CONSTRUCT targets W0-1F with his/her abilities, they will be added onto W0-1F.

-Deals 100/250/400/650 damage per swipe of its claws.

-Lasts 25/45/55/70 seconds, or until destroyed.

-Cryo-Seekers: Adds a radial cryo-pulse to W0-1F, slowing enemies around it.

-Pyro Turret: Adds twin flamethrowers onto W0-1F (if you were looking at a picture of an actual wolf the flame throwers would be added where the front legs meet the spine on top of the wolf, on both sides) which can effectively barbeque enemies while W0-1F claws them to shreads.

-Shield Deployer: Does exactly what it normally does, and the shock attack is added in the form of a small gun a little bit behind the pyro turrets.

While the upgrades are on W0-1F, if the ability is used again it is removed from it. This does not apply to Cryo Seekers.

Set 2

These abilities all summon actual mobile robots, having the ult add to each of the robots.

Ability A: HOUND (25 or 50 energy)

Summons a mechanical wolf to attack the enemies of the Tenno. HOUND immediately runs to the nearest enemies upon spawning. The robot attacks with swipes and a radial cryo pulse. This upon death or time expiration, this robot releases a cryo explosion, damaging all nearby enemies.

Deals 20/40/60/80 damage per swipe, Explosion deals 75/75/150/225 damage. The pulse deals ¼ of the explosion damage over a smaller radius

Lasts 15/20/25/30 seconds, recasting the ability instantly detonates the HOUND, along with spawning a new one.

Ability B: STRIKER (50 or 75 energy)

Summons a bipedal robot not unlike a MOA. The STRIKER looks similar to the Corpus robots but instead of a single gun on top of the midsection, it has two on either side. These guns shoot electrified rounds, the rate of fire being somewhat similar to the Braton. The STRIKER hunts enemies with the CONSTRUCT, sticking close to his/her side and following when needed.

Guns deal 10/20/30/40 damage per shot, and have a high rate of fire.

STRIKER lasts 30/40/50/60 seconds.

Ability C: BULWARK (50 or 75 energy)

Summons a four legged robot that looks similar to the Hyena but has a decently sized mortar cannon on its back. BULWARK also regenerates the shields of all nearby allies, like the shield osprey. BULWARK stays in the general place it was spawned, so it won’t roam off in a defense mission setting. The BULWARK’s range is fairly large, so it can be placed in a spot of relative safety to shell from a distance, however if placed far away its shield capabilities cannot be maximized. It should be noted that because BULWARK shoots a mortar, it will be ineffective in the enclosed corpus ships. The ideal environment for BULWARK is defense missions or boss fights, where the roof is high above and there are many places to shell from afar.

-Mortar rounds function like the ember’s fireball, dealing impact damage and a small residual fire left over.

-Mortar shots deal the same damage as fireball 75/125/175/225 and 35 burn damage for 3/3/4/7 seconds

-BULWARK lasts 30/40/50/60 seconds, and fires a round every 2.5 seconds.

-Restores 20/35/50/65 shields per second to all nearby allied units. Does not restore shields of itself or other CONSTRUCT robots

Ability D: Amp (100 energy)

CONTRUCT’s ult amplifies the abilities of all robots currently on the field and all robots that are spawned in the duration of the ult. While under the effects of Amp, the robots gain increased health, damage, and each gain unique additions. CONSTRUCT also moves faster, reloads faster, and gains additional armor for the duration of Amp.

-Movespeed increased to 1.1/1.1/1.25/1.40

-Reload speed is doubled

-Gains 25/25/50/75 armor

HOUND: HOUND is larger than normal, and more heavily armored. Upon death HOUND explodes into a nuclear blast and then splits into two normal HOUNDs.

HOUND’s swipe damage is multiplied by 1.25/1.5/1.75/2, and the explosion damage by 2/3/4/5. Explosion range is raised to X3 the original.

STRIKER: STRIKER’s guns turn into miniguns, raising their rate of fire and damage.

STRIKER's attack speed is multiplied by 1.25/1.5/1.75/2 and attack damage is multiplied by 1.25/1.25/1.35/1.55

BULWARK: BULWARK’s mortar cannon fires shrapnel shells instead of a single round, carpeting the target area with fire damage. The shield regeneration area is also doubled.

Damage is multiplied by 1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5

BULWARK’s mortar aoe is increased to 4/6/8/10 in game meters from the point of where it was aiming. When aiming the shots, BULWARK will look to maximize the damage done and try to hit as many enemies as possible.

-Amp refreshes the duration of all robots and the effect itself has a duration time of 30/40/50/60

-Only two Amped HOUNDs will be able to be spawned in a single use of Amp, even if they die before the effect ends and you spawn a third.

-Amp lasts 30/40/50/60 seconds

So there it is, two ideas of a summoning style warframe, which I believe would make a very fun and unique addition to the current roster. I didn't put any health values in for the robots because I really have nothing to compare to when it comes to that, unlike the damages to which I can compare to the other abilities of other frames. I hope you enjoyed reading through this, any feedback would be welcome.

Also, I'm currently working with a friend for all the concept art for these robots. I'll post them when they are finished.

Sounds interesting. I was kinda confused when they implemented Vauban and said he is an engineer (Because hes more of a trapper). I can see CONSTRUCT becoming this engineer instead. With the new placing mechanics (In the Dojo) i can imagine his abilities in the field. Could use some polishing, though. The skills dont seem so balanced. BULWARK for example seems like it could be pretty OP in specific defense missions like the one which are played inside (like Xini).

BULWARK sounds a little too strong, but otherwise I like the both the general idea, and the skill sets you've proposed. I especially like that everything has an elemental damage type, allowing the summons to be useful even when the actual damage they're dealing isn't helping much. I worry that it might be difficult getting the summons to follow you, considering some of the manuveurs Tenno can pull off, and what the environments can be like.

If this is added to the game, I am definitely building one.

• 1 month later...

I like this. I'd prefer the first ability set over the second. I'm also a stealth player when I get a chance. I would add the option to hold down the ability button on the cryo rollers. This would enable your rollers to latch onto enemies undetected and deal direct dmg rather than AoE damage. Allowing multiple stealth kills in a single area. Food for thought. I think it would be scifi sexy as all hell. Just imagining the cryo blast focusing on a single point, making an icicle that penetrates directly through the enemy from the point of latch. Serrated Blade dmg? Stealth Attack bonus added to it maybe?

Either way, sexy idea. They need something like this for sure.

That second ability set kinda reminds me of Heimerdinger.

Edited by Ape3po