Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combo Frame Idea

Sairielle

Here's my idea for a frame which breaks the current meta of "KILL EVERYTHING BY PRESSING 4". This frame will be more of a single target frame which excels at bringing down single targets with precise strikes. i also dont know what to name him/her. i was thinking of Lancer but it kinda sounded  like a spear wielding tank type frame.(new name is gonna be Jaeger)

Abilities(during all of his abilities he will bring out a longsword or fencing sword similar to how ash brings out dual blades during bladestorm)

1.1:Quad-Strike(ground cast):Jaeger strikes a target(has to be lined up with the targetting reticule or it will seek out the closest target) 4 times in quick succession knocking the target back with the fourth strike. can be chained with Rising Slash or Retribution

1.2Quad-Strike(air cast):strikes a target 4 times in quick succession knocking the target down on the fourth strike(meaning Jaeger will still be in the air after the fourth strike) can be chained with Falling Skies

(his number 2 skill is well 2 way depending on where you cast it hence the different names)

2.1Rising Slash: does a rising slash knocking a target into the air. can be chained with Quad-Strike or Retribution

2.2Falling Skies: does a high speed ground smash dealing damage to the first target hit by the blade(around 3-4X the regular falling speed compared to the regular ground smash) can be chained with Quad-Strike

3.1Retribution(ground cast): Stabs a target lifting it into the air and smashing into the ground(think of a longsword stealth kill animation and then swinging the target 180 degrees into the ground behind him) can be chained with Quad-Strike or Rising Slash

3.2 Retribution(air cast): Stabs a target and throws it to the ground. can be chained with Falling Skies

4. Coup De Grace: Jaeger  deals massive damage to a single target, dealing more damage the more injured a target is( has a base damage and the additional damage will be based on missing hp)

to make sure his combos have an end instead of stunlocking an enemy: you can only use each ability once within a chain. but you can use both halves of each ability in a chain(Rising Slash>Retribution(air)>Falling Skies>Retribution(ground))

well here's my idea for a combo frame. also could you guys give me ideas on what to name it?

Edit: edited the name(ty to AXCrusnik for the name suggestion)

Edit: made a few tweaks to how Jaeger's combo system works.

Edited by GenCarter

Looks like all abilities are targeting one enemy, ultimate boss killer?
I like the idea that ability would have different effect in dependence on casting conditions. And possibility to chain abilities is nice but I would like to see more combinations of abilities like attractor + javelin.

yep its supposed to be a boss killer. sacrificing multi target skills for high damage single target skills. and since im mostly a solo player i would enjoy this kind of frame more due to it not really relying on others to kill boss enemies. kind of like how  i enjoy my Ash.

Edited by GenCarter

• 2 weeks later...