Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki's Reward: Featuring Lotus! (And Kittens.)

KF5AQX

Loki ran, juking and jiving through the Grineer ship, the data mass in his left hand heavy. He knew it carried data the Lotus needed, but he didn’t care what it was. She had asked. He was completing his job. A Lancer rounded the corner ahead, Grakata already spitting lead and fire.

The Lex in his right hand was nearly empty. He hadn't taken time to reload it, focusing on running for the pod Lotus had sent. He had two rounds left, by his reckoning. It would be enough. He raised it, slowing slightly and steadying his arm. The Lex barked, and the Lancer fell, it’s face imploded around the shell now buried in it’s skull.

He leaned forward, dug in deep, and poured on the speed. He holstered his Lex, feeling it click and lock into place on his hip, then took the data mass in both hands for a more secure hold. Holding it against his chest, he ran as fast as he could, feeling the mental radar image the Lotus sent him flashing across his mind, pointing the way.

Ahead he could see the pump room where the pod was docked. It was a simple room, and the nearest to the hull of the ship, with the least amount of steel to cut through. Only one problem: The fans in the way. The room was the center of oxygen control in the sector of the ship he was in, and featured numerous tunnels and tubes.

Loki grabbed his Lex again, and fired the last round in the mag into the center of the fan. The round shattered the motor casing, causing it spin out of control and fling itself from the spindle, twisting the metal frame it was mounted on in the process.

He leaped through, diving forward and rolling on his back, cradling the data mass in his arms. The room on the other side was clear, and he faced the ceiling, where another fan was mounted, spinning slowly, in standby mode. His right arm came back, the Glaive on his wrist spun into his grip, and he flung it forward.

The razor edged blades of the weapon easily sliced through the fan, shearing through motor and steel alike, before reversing direction and flying back to Loki. He took a step back, sheathing his Glaive, than sprinted towards the wall beneath the fan, kicking off it and leaping through the now open hole in the fan. His right hand scrambled for a hold inside the tunnel, latching onto a conduit leading to the now destroyed fan.

He pulled himself up, wincing at the pain in his shoulder. The warframe he wore was powerful, but it still hurt, hoisting himself on one arm. Crouching inside the tunnel, he caught his breath a moment, before continuing on. The last fan wasn’t spinning, the river of slag below cool and not needing ventilation currently.

He kicked it outward, knocking it from it’s frame, then followed it through. Two conduits ran across the slag below, powering the fans on both sides. He ignored them and instead raised his hand, flicking a small disk. It landed, and a hologram appeared, holding a Lato, and mimicking his movements. He pointed it at it, then focused. 

The power emitters in his armor spun him around, and he was standing where the hologram had been. He stepped forward, towards where his pod had melted through the wall, then stepped inside. The data mass was strapped across his chest, under the string of the Paris on his back, and out of the way of the doors on the pod.

They closed, and he sighed. It had been a strange mission, but Lotus wasn’t done.

“Well done, Tenno. You will be rewarded for this,” she said, her voice crackling in the ear of his Swindle helm. His face warmed at the memory of her last reward, and he licked his lips, smiling predatorily.

----------------------------

The Lotus was waiting for him inside the vessel she called home. She rarely had single Tenno ride with her, preferring entire cells or more. Her helm covered the upper half of her face, but opened to reveal her mouth. The gap continued to her chest, revealing a large part of it. The pattern was repeated on her hips and midriff, each piece covering barely enough to be modest.

Loki greeted her, handing the the data mass he carried. She took it happily, making small noises of joy. Without the distortion of the distance of space and Grineer cloaking devices, her voice was barely recognizable as the one who guided him through his missions.

She led him through the ship, her entire manner at ease and relaxed. Perhaps too much so. Looking closely, he could see the signs of anticipation and the small amount of nervousness in her frame, disrupting her normally smooth, flowing walk. He grinned. She had no reason to be nervous.

“Oh, Tenno. I just remembered. The last data mass you fetched had some... Interesting ideas on it. I was planning on using you as my... Test, dummy. I do hope you don’t mind,” she said, her voice light and airy, though it was slightly forced. She didn’t do face to face well, unless it was something she was passionate about. Or with.

Loki nodded, then realized he still had his helmet and armor on.

“Mind if I take these off? I don’t want them to get dirty,” he asked, gesturing to his body with a hand. She nodded, smiling, and he removed his helm, shaking his head to fling the sweat of combat off. His hair was short, buzzed to nearly nothing, perfect for a helmet. His face was fairly handsome, but had a babyish, untouched look to it, caused by spending too much time in a full face helmet and environment suit. He was clean shaven, Lotus noticed

His helmet slotted onto his back, settling into specially designed ports, and he released the clasps on his arms and legs, rolling the armor upward into a short sleeve T-shirt appearing design. The legs merely opened up, allowing fresh air to circulate and cool him, despite the memories of before causing him to warm again. Lotus led him into a small room off the side of the hall way, in which there was a small table and bed. It was her private quarters. 

An amazing smell permeated the room, the same one that often clung to Lotus herself. She gestured to bed, heading for a small door to the side, which led to the rest of her small suite of rooms..

“Make yourself comfortable. Just don’t disturb the cats,” she said, speaking of the four small kittens on the bed. They were her pride and joy, cloned from ancient DNA found in a Grineer bio lab. Loki sat on the edge, lightly tickling one of the animals behind it’s ear. It leaned into the scratch, purring.

Meanwhile, Lotus was busying herself in a side room, though Loki couldn’t see inside the door. The memory of last time was enough to make his mouth water, and his predatory smile to return. He passed the time removing his gloves and boots, neatly placing them at the end of the bed. A kitten crawled into his lap, but left quickly. Armor plate doesn’t make a good bed.

He layed back on the bed, closing his eyes and thinking of what his reward would be. She had mentioned something new? He could hardly wait. A kitten finally found a good spot on him to lay on, and settled on his face, covering his eyes. He chuckled and allowed it to stay. Another started a wrestling match with a third, causing them both to bump against his arm, as the one who had attempted to lay on his lap claimed the pillow.

Lotus returned, giggling at the sight of the kittens and Loki. The Tenno, normally so violent and deadly, was allowing the small animals to romp on him like a playground. She shooed them, allowing Loki to sit up and see his reward. His smile grew larger.

Lotus stood before him, a pan of cookies in her hands.

“Those smell amazing!” Loki said, already reaching for them. He took one and bit into it, noticing a strange taste. Slightly bitter and amazingly sweet. “What’s in these?” he asked.

Lotus smiled, happy to talk about her passion: Cooking.

“I found a recipe that talked about adding butter scotch instead of the chocolate chips I added last time. Do you like it?” she asked, placing the tray on the table and taking a cookie for her self.

Loki smiled, swallowed the last of the cookie, and said,

“Lotus, they’re amazing.”

Edited by KF5AQX

Trolled so hard. Guess it is too easy to have one's mind placed into the gutter.

Also, such a weird fan-fiction...

That was kinda the point. And this is what happens when you eat a full package of triple layer Oreos, then decide to write a fan fiction at 11 PM, having gotten up at 4 AM.

ehhh... You did good, mate.

Daw, thanks!

Edited by KF5AQX

It might just be me but does it seem to you guys that everytime someone seemingly writes a scene like this it get blocked by loki (doozy84's volt scene)

Technically, it was never going to happen.

But, try telling your mind that :3

Lawl. Yeah, wasn't expecting that one. Honestly though, it kinda suits Lotus' character more that way. Eventually I'll have to try my hand at writing something here.

I very rarely post anything, though it's not for a lack of writing. I love to write. I hate to make stories. A two paragraph joke story for a friend? Dude, I have fifty of the things. A full length story, even just a one off story? I have about four in my total Gdocs account, out of nearly 60 docs.