Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Co-Op Should Be Cooperative

Sigma-Draconis

All too often when I start a game with random players, join a game in-progress, or have others join a mission I'm starting.. some players rush way ahead, some players lag behind, and some players get altogether lost on the map.  

I believe gameplay would be more fun and more cooperative, if you set some sort of check points or goals along the way. One of the problems is the diversity with which maps can be played.  For instance, some people run straight thru a raid just to get the bonus.  Others want to kill most of the enemies.  And still others want to check every single chest/container for credits etc.  Now, I love that you can play the game in these various ways.  But it is very frustrating to have teammates lag behind or run ahead because they have differing agendas.  

I VERY MUCH hate loosing out on a bonus (ESPECIALLY on a game I've started) because someone jumps in and runs to the extraction point.  Or when someone gets stuck in a room full of enemies b/c alone, etc.  

Some options to help this might include: 

- Necessitate clearing a room before moving on. 

- More doors that require teammate(s) to open. 

- Significantly improving/Increasing the bonus when all teammates make it to extraction

- Penalties for leaving a teammate behind

- A way to jump to your teammates

- Penalties and/or Loss of Mission if a teammate dies

** In fact, a mission style where all team members must survive sounds fun in general

I really love the game so far, but it's a lot less fun when teammates aren't working cooperatively.  Or when someone jumps in on a game and runs ahead and either A) takes all the kills or B) dies. 

I can already hear the butthurt of rushers...
"Oooooooh, you're trying to force me to actually PLAY this game!!!!!!111111oneoneleven"

However I like the ideas, especially 3, 4 and 6. 5th one seems illogical in connection with those mentionet above. "Guys, I know, that I didn't do sh*t in this mission, because I was afking at the first room, but we all need that bonus. So let me just TP to you"

"Necessitate clearing a room before moving on."

It depends where. Certainly it can't be like this in every room.

"More doors that require teammate(s) to open."

1-2 more, I only see at least 1 when I'm in a team, but we don't need 7 of them each mission.

"Significantly improving/Increasing the bonus when all teammates make it to extraction"

Yes, this would work well too, though some might not even care about completion bonuses.

"Penalties for leaving a teammate behind"

Er...let's not bring it to penalties yet. Let's try increasing positive incentive to stay with your teammates first.

"A way to jump to your teammates"

Possibly, though some teammates would use this to bypass enemies to get to the extraction point. It would be nice though.

"Penalties and/or Loss of Mission if a teammate dies"

WOAH. Woah there. What if your teammate suddenly has to go afk for a crucial reason? Or lag ensues and they unintentionally die. Or they could be a jerk and kill themselves. 

All too often when I start a game with random players, join a game in-progress, or have others join a mission I'm starting.. some players rush way ahead, some players lag behind, and some players get altogether lost on the map.  

I believe gameplay would be more fun and more cooperative, if you set some sort of check points or goals along the way. One of the problems is the diversity with which maps can be played.  For instance, some people run straight thru a raid just to get the bonus.  Others want to kill most of the enemies.  And still others want to check every single chest/container for credits etc.  Now, I love that you can play the game in these various ways.  But it is very frustrating to have teammates lag behind or run ahead because they have differing agendas.  

I VERY MUCH hate loosing out on a bonus (ESPECIALLY on a game I've started) because someone jumps in and runs to the extraction point.  Or when someone gets stuck in a room full of enemies b/c alone, etc.  

Some options to help this might include: 

- Necessitate clearing a room before moving on. 

- More doors that require teammate(s) to open. 

- Significantly improving/Increasing the bonus when all teammates make it to extraction

- Penalties for leaving a teammate behind

- A way to jump to your teammates

- Penalties and/or Loss of Mission if a teammate dies

** In fact, a mission style where all team members must survive sounds fun in general

I really love the game so far, but it's a lot less fun when teammates aren't working cooperatively.  Or when someone jumps in on a game and runs ahead and either A) takes all the kills or B) dies. 

not really, they tried this with the lasers and the hack system, also you already have the doors that need two players to be unlocked, and is one os the most boring features of the game right now.

the solution, and i dont know why has been not implemented yet, is every one who gets to the end can get out of the mission, not having to wait for the others.

if you are in a party and want to farm, go on, if you want to end it quick, just go alone to the end and exit.

You end babysitting for new players who take on missions they are not ready to fight yet, with this system as it is now (because they want to take their time or keep dying and you dont want them to die and need to open a door etc).

the solution could also give the party some upgrade when they are in an area all together (more damage or energy recovery, something), but punishing the player with traps or forcly co-op is not convenient or fun...

Well, there's your problem. 

the solution could also give the party some upgrade when they are in an area all together (more damage or energy recovery, something), but punishing the player with traps or forcly co-op is not convenient or fun...

Auras could do this if they had a limited range and some sort of visual cue to indicate this range.

Well, there's your problem. 

Auras could do this if they had a limited range and some sort of visual cue to indicate this range.

I play the game (MMOs and Online games in general really) to meet people.  Don't give me that I just shouldn't play with random players.  Thats a poor excuse.  If the developers didn't want me to interact with people online it would be a solo game altogether.  As it is, it is billed as a MMO and I don't think it's too much to expect that when I play a map with stranger that we PLAY THE MAP TOGETHER and not run off and do our own things. 

So many people in this game think they're fracking LEROY JENKINS.   

Edited by Sigma-Draconis

Had Leroy Jenkins killed everything in his way and accomplished the goal single handedly - as these people typically do - nobody would remember his name.

But he didnt and thats not what happens in this game either.  At best, you get to the extraction point, leaving behind anyone who's not willing to rush thru.  At worst, the rest of the team has to push thru a mob to rescue your assss.  

soyeah. 

But he didnt and thats not what happens in this game either.  At best, you get to the extraction point, leaving behind anyone who's not willing to rush thru.  At worst, the rest of the team has to push thru a mob to rescue your assss.  

soyeah. 

Honestly? I'm never rescuing rushers. First thing is that they are too far, the second thing is that... I don't want to.

If somehow we will manage to get to him I usually throw a Vortex or Bounce to prevent the others from healing him.

"You didn't care about your team? Your team won't care about you"

That should be the motto.