Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Have Audio Cues For Group Chat?

(PSN)Dead_End895

I don't know about the rest of the players, but I find myself missing in-game chat messages on a regular basis. Many times this has gotten me in trouble, because the people sending chat messages assume that I am ignoring them. The chat messages pop up in the lower left corner of the screen. Focusing on the bottom left corner of the screen does not come naturally. It is natural to have your focus on the center of the screen. Especially when you are busy doing something. Chat messages popping up in the far off bottom corner of your screen is not ideal at all. Even when you make a mental note to keep an eye on the bottom left corner of your screen, once you start doing things in the game you completely forget about that bottom left corner. It would be great if we could have some kind of audio cue whenever a chat message pops up. This would really help a lot, because the moment you hear the audio cue you'll instantly look to the bottom left corner and see the message. This isn't a new concept. Even back in the glory days of Quake III Arena they had audio cues for chat messages in games.

43 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

There is one, last I checked. Specifically for PM's and @'s... I believe.

It's just kinda quiet, and not really audible over the gunfire, so a volume increase would be good.

There is only one for PM's or when someone is saying something directly to you. There isn't one for if sending a message to the group. Which is a problem. I've gotten into all sorts of trouble because people think I'm ignoring them when I simply honestly didn't even see the messages. Like I said, it is not natural for your eyes to focus on the bottom corners of your screen.