Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Warframe's Newbie Experience Is Terrible Right Now.

Xylia

You're thinking Eurasia, the Infested Mobile Defense earlier on.

Lith is a Grineer Asteroid Defense (with the giant pillar in the middle you are supposedly supposed to protect that they can shoot from anywhere in the room).

Oh, got them mixed up. Sorry

I'm talking about people who have NAT issues.

Oh, and Kiliken?

With my Newbie Test Account, it took me 3 days to get Kiliken done, because every time I checked it, 0 players were at Kiliken until I finally found _1_ player, and we had mild difficulty trying to get it done (the pod had dropped to 50% because it was a laggy host).

Lol, no one is on Kilikin? I constantly farm Kilikin for Void keys because it is an easy low level defense that has a pretty high drop rapte of T2 keys. If I want T3, I go to Earth.

They won't have issues finding a team in the low levels, its just most of the players stick to the once answer for everything Xini (its still the best farming place but not as good as it used to be). Now it's survival. I get approx. 40 mods a game in survival with approx. half being fusion cores and half of those are uncommon 5s.

I don't see the problem with certain defense missions, all you need to do is exit at round 5 to complete them. I started as Loki after U9, found most of Mercury and Venus a doddle to do solo, except Fossa and Tesserae. On the money issue, I'm not having problems, my cash levels have been fairly static since I reached Earth.

However, I'd agree there's a big, big problem with going solo and going along with newbie teams for the tougher missions. The spawn rates are too high as mentioned, from experience they barely seem to scale on team size (seriously DE? Throwing the same numbers at a solo newbie as a 4 man vet team is just stupid.), but also the AI is worse than a bloodhound. Trying to solo any of the later Earth missions was just the cycle of sprint for the objective, get locked in with about 20 enemies, escape by the skin of my teeth, repeat. Any ideas of getting loot went out the window, as it turned into shooting gallery in every room. I got through to getting good gear fine by being the hacker/medic/carrier in a decent team as invis is incredible for those roles.

On Vor, well, I did him recently with my lvl30 Loki, and good weapons, and had a pair of pretty new excalibur players with me. For them, it was a disaster. I ran ahead and cleared his goon horde in the boss room fine, but he himself was level 25 and was one-shotting the other two players with the tesla as soon as they came close. I hung back after a while and sniped him with a lex. Not a great first experience for a boss run for the others.

However, I'd agree there's a big, big problem with going solo and going along with newbie teams for the tougher missions. The spawn rates are too high as mentioned, from experience they barely seem to scale on team size (seriously DE? Throwing the same numbers at a solo newbie as a 4 man vet team is just stupid.), but also the AI is worse than a bloodhound. Trying to solo any of the later Earth missions was just the cycle of sprint for the objective, get locked in with about 20 enemies, escape by the skin of my teeth, repeat. Any ideas of getting loot went out the window, as it turned into shooting gallery in every room. I got through to getting good gear fine by being the hacker/medic/carrier in a decent team as invis is incredible for those roles.

Exactly what I've been saying. I'm modded out the wazoo, but anything past Earth is too much of a bother to solo. And when not soloing, I play with my brother. Hooray, one other person in the team!

And enemies still spawn like it's for a full team anyways.

On Vor, well, I did him recently with my lvl30 Loki, and good weapons, and had a pair of pretty new excalibur players with me. For them, it was a disaster. I ran ahead and cleared his goon horde in the boss room fine, but he himself was level 25 and was one-shotting the other two players with the tesla as soon as they came close. I hung back after a while and sniped him with a lex. Not a great first experience for a boss run for the others.

I'm sorry to point this out, but this was really your fault. Vor's level is based on the whole team's average gear rank or something, and your Rank 30 'frame + good weapons (15~ rank *3 weapons?) skewed the graph.

A team with rank 8 'frames and rank ~10 weapons would face a much lower levelled Vor. (minimum level is 15, max with presumably 4-man rank with everything rank 30 is 54)

Edited by Shion963