Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Suggestion) Ostrons out on the Plains

DarkSoulSama

I was thinking it could make going into the Plains a bit more interesting if, when loading the area, there was a chance of spawning a single group of Ostrons "somewhere".

Fishermen near bodies of water, Miners in caves, Scouts armed with Zaws near Grineer bases,
and have them give you small tasks (get them certain fish/gems or clear nearby enemy groups)
or services (same as fishing/mining services in town, and being able to have the Scouts follow you like Specters)

I think they'd be best if finding them was just common enough that you wouldn't find them every single mission, but still felt something when you did.
And they shouldn't be worth farming, but maybe finding them would nudge the player towards fishing/mining near them.

Yeah, we have been suggesting those ideas but seems nothing reached DE. PoE is quite dead as compared to other open world where the place is at least a bit lively.

All I can think of is... technically it might be too much work for them to make that happen. Not to mention there are still many PoE bugs unsolved.

Take the outpost capture system from Fortuna, put it in PoE.

Clear a grineer camp, Ostrons move in.
They provide bounties, arsenal, extraction point.
Every now and then (30 mins?) Grineer try to take it back, creating an incursion mission.
Defend them or lose your outpost.

Suddenly PoE is a dynamic open zone. :awe:

Edited by Shifted