Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 - Need kick mechanic for afk players in Bounties

(PSN)DaiReaver

One of my biggest frustrations right now is players who go fishing, afk or casual roaming during the highest level bounty missions on the plains of eidolon.

Due to scaling, other players have to deal with a tougher mission because we have to compensate for the players who are cheating us for free loot without them putting any effort in. This is highly unfair and sickening that there is no form of punishment for that kind of behaviour.

Even when it comes to reporting a player, there is no option that is representative of what they are doing wrong.

I highly believe we need a kick mechanic for those players... or a mechanic that will exclude players from getting the rewards on the bounties if they are detected to not be close enough to the objectives. An algorithm can certainly be written which can track the travel path between the 5 objectives, and then you can compare the travel path of the players to those paths and it would quickly highlight who is not focusing on objectives. (If you don't have someone available to code this due to other priorities, i'd happily sign an NDA and code this into the game (I'm a professional game programmer by trade).).

There has to be some balance between those who are playing the game as intended and those who are taking those players for granted and achieving free loot. They know that they can go on free roams, but due to knowing they can do that and get extra loot due to others doing the legwork.. they just go on bounties instead and cheat the system.

I implore you DE... Something needs to be done about this. Hopefully other players can add suggestions to the mix here too. As much as one current solution can be 'Drop group and requeue'.. you could end up in another similar group and it wastes your time meaning you are the one being punished for their behaviour. I just did 7 bounties in a row today to see how it would go. i had only 1 group where all 4 players actually contributed.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)DaiReaver said:

An algorithm can certainly be written which can track the travel path between the 5 objectives, and then you can compare the travel path of the players to those paths and it would quickly highlight who is not focusing on objectives.

I'm willing to place money on this not being easy to do in the slightest.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)DaiReaver said:

I implore you DE... Something needs to be done about this.

Something can already be done. Make your own group. When you join a public game, you accept that the people in it aren't always going to be doing what you want. Putting a bunch of work into trying to make a detection system that's either going to be easily avoidable or randomly punishing to innocent players isn't much of a solution.

When it comes to solutions like these, simple is better. work with the existing system. Almost every single plains bounty gets its own objective area that if everyone leaves the objective will fail.

Just make it so anyone not within that objective area does not get rewards from the bountie when it completes. And before anyone trys to ask "what bout the people that step outside the area?" the area is huge. its hard to accidentally go outside of it if you are doing the bounty.

@Adun you'd lose your money i'm afraid, i could code that very easily. As for making your own group that is one potential solution yet not easily available to everyone.. not everyone has people ready to jump in and do those tasks. I likely could with my clan and alliance, but that's not going to help everyone in the same situation. Also whether the solutions proposed are ideal of not is of course up for debate and thanks for your input. I have to agree to disagree with you however.

@Evilpricetag : Yeah that's what i'd do too, solo it for gathering.

@LaughingSoul - I'd agree with that, which is why i think an inbuilt solution along the lines you've specified or the ones i proposed could work. Like you say the areas are huge, and the vectors between objectives are very simple to track.. so even if a newer player is slower and not getting to objectives before they are completed, they should still be included.. especially with a pathing solution, as you could still tell they were headed towards it.

Cheers for the replies.