Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Volleyball (New Room Idea for Dojo)

Mikhael222

......I know what you're probably thinking, but why not? XD I feel like there is plenty of room for more clan activities in the dojo anyway.  A special room for volleyball or other games could be added to the dojo that are available to play using your operator after unlocking the War Within.  Two teams of 4-6 operators each could face off in a small volleyball court.

Suggested Execution:

- The gameplay should be faster-paced so that it's not just standing around waiting for the ball to come to your location.  There should be plenty of running around trying to keep the ball off your team's side.  Maybe "Operator Volleyball" would use more than one ball, or use other interesting variants to regular volleyball.

- Since it would be operators-only, this eliminates the programming/technical concerns of needing to process the mods, fashion, weapon builds, etc. of 8-12 warframes in real-time.  Literally, it would just be operators running around, and using void blast (E on PC) to hit the ball in the air.

Pros:

- Like fishing and mining, it would be an activity that is a nice change of pace from always fighting if you're feeling up for something less violent.

- A good mini-game like Frame Fighter.

- Again, more dojo activities are always welcome.  I'm putting a lot of work into my dojo, so having reasons for my clan and me to be there more often is great.  I loved volleyball with my friends in high school.

- Perhaps operators could earn experience or some other reward for participating?

Possible Cons:

- I might be the weird one who would find this entertaining.  As a result, the potentially-small player base may not be worth DE's time.

- Like many things in Warframe, it might take a little trial and error to work out a way to execute this game properly so that it is fun and fast-paced.

- Being operator-only may be disappointing for newer-players who haven't done The War Within, but on the other hand, it might also encourage them to finish the quests.

silhouette_volleyball.jpg