Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The State of Infested Salvage.

Moosicorn2

So after a couple weeks of pointing a gun down a corridor I've finally built Nidus! During my wonderful time hurting my M1 finger however I did notice a *few* issues with the game mode. Below is a screenshot showing the best example that can describe the wonders of Infested Salvage...

https://imgur.com/a/Yfa4ZzY

In case you can't fully tell what the image shows:

1) All points are labelled A with no red or blue.

2) There is no armour integrity counter.

3) There is no label for how many antiserums counter below armour integrity. Usually in this circumstance there isn't one either in the top right, but in this rare exception there is!

4) There are no point percentages next to minimap.

5) There is no decryption percentage.

This game was played yesterday, not just before the hotfixes but a few hours after the first revenant/phantasma hotfix. The first round of this match played normally and did proceed to wave 2, however the 2nd wave seemed to be endless. It felt like it had gone twice the around the previous wave. Had to quit as we literally couldn't tell when it would end. Another issue that usually occurs is the red goo UI. It's roughly a 60% chance the armour integrity% is there, and when it isn't usually this red goo stuff on the screen isn't either,however in this match it is. I can't say I miss it when it's gone, but whatever.

Overall, Infested Salvage is a fun mode as it allows you to literally tear through a horde of undead parasitic zombinis and is certainly more engaging than other modes, however it falls behind hard on these very common issues. While most don't break the mode (i.e. it's not too hard spamming antiserums and playing the memory game with them) but until yesterday I didn't realise how broken it can be. would love to see some bug fixes in the following hotfixes!

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'd really like to see Infested Salvage get some bug fixes.  Other issues I've had:

If you join the game late (i.e. you get matchmade into a session that has already started decrypting), most of your HUD is missing.  That means:

• you never get to see how many injectors you're carrying,
  • you never see what percentage your armour has degraded to,
  • you don't get the red blood HUD effect that (I assume) is supposed to indicate your armour is heavily corroded.
  • In fact, if you join late, I'm not actually sure whether your armour degrades at all — I have no evidence either way.

If you join at the start, your HUD is fine (aside from missing any serum counter), but you often get a different bug:

• You get the red blood effect at all times, even if your armour is up in the high 90% region.
  • Maybe this is intentional, but it's really annoying, and it seems like something that should be saved for when your armour is low.

I'm guessing a lot of these bugs have been around since launch, although I guess they could be regressions from another patch.  Either way, it could really use some love.  I realise it's just a single mission on a single planet, but it's also something all players are going to encounter eventually (If they want Nidus), so.