The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Weapon Loadout

Bantamu

Question

In the process of building my Saryn right now, but I'm struggling on deciding what weapons would best suit her. I'm going for a more CC and tank-ish build. Will be running Miasma, Venom, and Moult. 

Shotguns would be nice to help land hits on venom spores, but a weapon with a large fire rate could also do the trick. I plan on using her for defense missions and void runs, so ammo consumption might become a problem. 

As for secondaries, my despair has (have?) finished building, so using that (those?) was my original plan. Any better options here?

And as for melee, I don't plan on running with contagion in my build just yet, but cleaving weapons tickle my fancy. Should I keep using my Orthos, or maybe use something else? Someone suggested the mire for "MORE POISON!", but I've heard that the Mire isn't too great.

Thanks ahead of time for any tips or suggestions!

Edited by MikanYuuki

8 answers to this question

The best weapons for Saryn are the ones that can put a large volume of bullets onto a narrow target. That way "missing" the spore's becomes MUCH less frustrating.

The best shotgun for such a task would be the Hek. The best Secondary in my honest opinion is the Viper or Twin Vipes.

As for melee, use whatever you feel is comfortable for the situation.

I personally use a Braton Prime with Shred mod, enabling almost guaranteed hits on the spores. Due to the hitbox of the mob, it can be hard to activate spores without puncture, even with Sobek.

Now that puncture also works on projectiles, Supra might also be good for activating mass amounts of spores in one clip, although its accuracy leaves something to be desired.

Flux rifle enables pinpoint targeting of spores as well.

If it has to be a shotgun in your load out, Bronco (prime) can also be used, freeing up the Primary slot.

If you already have Orthos, try getting the prime version? :)

I personally use a Braton Prime with Shred mod, enabling almost guaranteed hits on the spores. Due to the hitbox of the mob, it can be hard to activate spores without puncture, even with Sobek.

Now that puncture also works on projectiles, Supra might also be good for activating mass amounts of spores in one clip, although its accuracy leaves something to be desired.

Flux rifle enables pinpoint targeting of spores as well.

If it has to be a shotgun in your load out, Bronco (prime) can also be used, freeing up the Primary slot.

If you already have Orthos, try getting the prime version? :)

Working hard to get that Orthos prime, trust me! :3

Don't have the shred mod, because I was relatively new to Warframe during the event, and had no clue what alert missions even were at the time.

My energy lab is almost finished building, so I may have to check out the Supra. 

Since the new survival mode has a Strun Wraith as a 20+ minute reward, maybe I'll get lucky and get one. (Just hope it isn't terrible)

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Shred mod is now a nightmare reward. I would hold off on getting the Supra since you don't already have it and it takes loads of time (108 hours) and resources to build. Flux and Acrid should probably take priority, as they are innately armor ignoring while the Supra isn't. This trait makes them invaluable against heavies in T3. Good luck!

Without Shred, Id use a high RoF weapon, without armor ignore, to pop venom bubbles. Something like the Braton/Grakata, or Vipers for secondary. Perhaps a Boar/Sobek, but not the semi-auto shotguns because its easy enough to miss a spore.

Low dmg/shot and high RoF because you want to break the spore before killing the mob. If you do enough damage with the single shot to kill the mob, even if you hit the spore directly, it wont pop - the mob will die and your venom will be wasted.