Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suddenly unable to access typing boxes etc.

QuipSilver

Question

Hi Tenno,

I've not really posted here before but the support ticket I made hasn't been checked yet so I figured to defer to you guys, see if anybody can shed some light.

Basically, once I've logged into the game (typing the login details totally fine), I can't seem to enter any kinda typing function..  When I open my chat/ codex, anything in game where you can click mouse/  press controller button (both xbox and steam controllers), it appears to do nothing in terms of opening up a text box to type anything in.   Oddly enough, when you click on the text box at the bottom left, you can actually type in there (without pressing anything to open any text box) but it won't let you press enter etc to send it.

It sucks super bad since I can't speak to anybody in game about trades, search my codex, search mods, search market etc at all and it's just happened outta nowhere.  It's worth noting that I can try binding the button etc to enter a text box to anything at all and, when pressing said button, you can hear the button press in game but nothing happens.  Also worth noting that the buttons/ keys that I have tried binding to text box entry seem to do their job when it relates to literally any other in game function, so I'm basically bamboozed.  I've ticketed support about it and went into as much detail as humanly possible including checks on connection etc and admin privilages upon opening the game etc but nothing has been answered yet and it sucks as I can't respond to trade questions in game.

Any constructive feedback is mega appreciated.

iSliQ

TLDR:  Can't get text boxes working, checked everything, god dammit.

4 answers to this question

Possible sticky key that you're unaware of, a macro running, too many input devices perhaps? Without knowing how it's been going on like this for you, perhaps turning off your pc and back on will stop anything that's doing this. Possibly a program you've got installed is acting up. Like a virtual keyboard perhaps.

Just guesses all I can offer. Try unplugging your mouse and try bringing up the chat after that, and cross that off if no positive results. Try all your other devices too.

Hey bud, thanks for getting back to me on this.

I've unfortunately tried all of these, even tried a full reboot of the fibre in my appartment and tried a reconnect without any other devices/ background programs etc running and as an admin.  It's honestly such a confusing bug, but I have absolutely no idea how to fix it.  Hopefully the tech support team can shed some light on it.

Thanks either way though Tenno. 🙂

I've been having that same problem, found a solution just this morning.

Open the Steam Client, go to Steam > Settings > In-Game, and UNCHECK the option "Use Big Picture Overlay when using a Steam Input enabled controller from the desktop", then click OK. You may need to restart Steam after that.

Once that option is turned off, you'll be able to use the chat window normally, and other text fields (search, dojo room message, etc) by clicking on the entry field with the mouse.

Man...

It WORKED!!! It actually worked!!!

Thanks dude, we are now friends! 😛

EDIT:  I use a steam controller at the moment so I did you recommended and then relaunched steam, opened big picture, made sure the config was good, closed big picture then opened the game and now it works.  Literally a life saver! ❤️

Edited by iSliQ
Extra info and thanks