Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Mini-Objective Improvements

Shanhardeen

You know how every mission has a mini-objective ("Kill 30 enemies", "Activate your first ability 5 times", etc.)? This is an area that could be improved upon. Not only are most of them super easy to do on any mission, but they also give negligible rewards. I don't even pay attention to them anymore, but they have tons of potential.

The best way I can think of improving on these mini-objectives is by making them scale. When you finish one, you get the reward, but then you get another that's much harder, but gives more rewards, and so on. An example:

You finish "kill 30 enemies". You're assigned a new one: "Activate your 4th ability 3 times". You finish that then get another: "Kill 90 enemies". You finish that and get another: "kill 40 enemies while sliding"... and so on.

Not only would this breath some new life into an old (and pretty much dead) system, but it would also give something to work towards in longer missions (Survival, Defense, etc.). 

6 minutes ago, Shanhardeen said:

You finish "kill 30 enemies". You're assigned a new one: "Activate your 4th ability 3 times". You finish that then get another: "Kill 90 enemies". You finish that and get another: "kill 40 enemies while sliding"... and so on.

It took DE ages to "fix" these tasks (Secondary kills in Archwing missions) and they still don't check if you can complete them. (Focus farm gives me pretty often Tasks like 'secondaryprimary ones')

Taking your example I could see this in Mariana happen which only has about 70 enemies.

And that would kill it for me entirely