Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primes, Vandals And Wraiths?...

EinRyu

Okay so not positive in what section of the Forums to post this on so it's going in Gameplay, moving on.

Soo lemme just get this straight and get other peoples opinions on how they feel on these wep variations.

Primes: Customized Tenno Weps merged with Orokin Tech?

Vandals: Vandalized guns pretty much, not faction specific it would seem.

Wraith(Newest): I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Wraith will be the customized Grineer line, why? Strun is a Grineer shotgun from what I know so I'm just going off what I see.

Anyhow, do you like having all these wep variations and having the wep itself have it's own Tiers?(In a way) I mean I kinda like it, Braton, Braton Vandal and Braton Prime are all different in there own rights but are all pretty awesome also. Lato, Lato Vandal, and Lato Prime are all noveltys but still cool to have and at times fun to use. Then you have the Prime list that gets bigger every major update and the occasional Vandal/Wraith? thrown in the mix as occasional event rewards and we have quite a few variations for every wep, so do you like it? Or hate it? I personally like it, but would like to know what others think about this as I know for some they don't like buying the normal weps anymore because Primes pop out every major update in bulk invalidating the one they had in a way which I admit can be somewhat annoying.

Edited by EinRyu

Primes aren't merged with Tenno weapons, they are purely Orokin made.

Are they? Thought they were Tenno Weps primarily but oh well. To me they look like Tenno Weps just merged with Orokin Tech but fact beats out assumption.

Primes are the first Weapons of a type discovered (used) and the other Variants are based of... Braton for Example would be: Braton Prime (Orokin) -> Braton (Corpus reverse engineered from Braton Prime) -> Braton Vandal (Tenno customized Braton).

Where the Wraith weapons fit in i don't know yet and i doubt that the Strun is a Grineer Weapon. They were used by the Grineer befor they got their own shotgun (Sobek) but it's not of Grineer design... its either Tenno custom or Corpus.

as said

primes are the original weapon designs from the orokin, thus no grineer/corpus primes

vandals are customized versions of the tenno reverse engineered weapons (ie the braton vandal is more braton than braton prime)

wraiths are some new S#&$, no clue

wraith is just a skin for strun, not actual weapon

Except it is.

Strun Wraith is a new class similar to the Vandal class. Its an existing weapon that has been "customized" with a new skin, boosted stats, and new sounds.

My problem with the whole Wraith and Vandal situation is that these weapons are exclusive so of course you don't want to sell them, but on the other hand you may not like them all and so they end up collecting dust in your inventory.

If this kind of stuff were skins (with the according stats) then there would be no problem, you can sell the weapon and craft a new one later without any problems because the exclusive skin is separate and never disappears.

Primes you can refarm so selling them is not a final decision like the above, but considering how much time and effort it can take to get a prime I think they should also be skins.

My problem with the whole Wraith and Vandal situation is that these weapons are exclusive so of course you don't want to sell them, but on the other hand you may not like them all and so they end up collecting dust in your inventory.

If this kind of stuff were skins (with the according stats) then there would be no problem, you can sell the weapon and craft a new one later without any problems because the exclusive skin is separate and never disappears.

Primes you can refarm so selling them is not a final decision like the above, but considering how much time and effort it can take to get a prime I think they should also be skins.

That's not really a problem though, because Vandals and (presumably) Wraiths will come with their own slots. So they're not taking up any extra room, unless you feel like selling them just for the extra slot.

I also would have prefered it if they're stick to one (two counting Primes, I guess) class of unique weapons.

Also, Strun is a Tenno weapon.