Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vor's Prize Remaster?

(XBOX)Avant Solace

I've pretty much forgotten the opening quest for Warframe. The most I remember from it off hand is popping out of a cryopod and beating up Vor for the first time. It bugs me that we can't replay the mission, but at the same time I understand it would be a hard mission to make replayable. This is the "first" quest and as such the player is forced to start at the lowest level with the lowest gear to fight the weakest enemies. Having our Gestalt Uber-Ninjas start this mission would ruin the flow and make the quest as a whole boring. But then I thought, "why not remaster it?"

It would go like this: Before starting the quest the player will be warned that their loadout will be locked while the quest is active. Their current Warframe will remain equipped until the end of the quest and their weapons will be locked in for the first couple missions. The first mission will go as normal, but most of the weapon choices will be swapped with the player's current gear. The quest itself will play out as usual however all the enemies will be scaled around level 35 and gradually grow to level 50 by the end. Personally I'd love to see a decked out Rhino Prime pop out of a cryopod.

Thoughts?

For a quest that teaches at least some basics and acts as at least some tutorial, it should be replayable. Warframe never shined when it came to tutorials, when it came to guiding new players toward stuff, it's still mostly 'Learn on your own and adapt'. You can have a player go through Vor's Prize once by forcing him/her into it, but not every new player learns quickly and can comprehend stuff after single play-through.

It's nice that it all falls on us, experienced players and veterans when it comes to teaching new players but it also becomes annoying after some time and if there's too much of it. I mean, I want to play a game, not spend the entire day teaching someone how to play, how to mod properly, etc. So if DE could make a step further and actually stop locking the only real quest that acts a guide, it would show that it has its getting attention. As it is now, everything older is ignored and I doubt we'll see any remaster of Vor's Prize.