Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

FPS Stuttering

Toastman25

In full agreement that this is a bit much to ask to play a game without issues, think it's on DE or NVIDIA at this point to identify the issue and make their own programmatic workaround (so either an engine change or a driver tweak).

If I still lived in Canada I'd roadtrip to DE with the other PC and let them at it lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this exact same problem for a while and I refuse to play the game until I figure out what the issue is. I haven't been able to play since before chroma prime dropped. 

Asus Maximus X Code

i7 8700k 

NZXT Kraken x62

Gskill Tridentz 3200

Asus ROG 1080 ti 

Soundblaster AE5

My 1080 ti gets wicked coil whine only during warframe, and you even hear it pause for that split second the game itself stutters. So it has to be a driver/graphics card issue. All my other games run completely fine tho. FF15, Destiny 2, League, and 3dMArk stress tests get a 98-99% pass, no stutter or coil whine.

Edited by MrHollyw00d

I just reinstalled Warframe after an hardware change, and I've been experiencing stutters at regular intervals of 2 seconds. I changed mobo, cpu and ram. Guess what? Strix and TridentZ, I think you're onto something. Here's a short video https://youtu.be/PXALf5-pqTc?t=70 

Installing DirectX 9 helped a bit, but it just made the stutters last for a little less.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Midegola said:

iv had this problem for a while now and iv solved it every time by going into the task manager and ending tasking on the lighting service that comes with aura sync

Thank you so much dude worked like a charm, In my case I just restarted the service from task manager while in game and the stuttering instantly disappeared

I have this too, earth is mostly unplayable, Ceres has problems, Cetus is horrifying and PoE is just out.

And yes, I have an Asus Strix, ROG-GL753VE.

I ran around in PoE with all my settings maxed out and it was smooth as glass in every respect until they changed how grass and stuff behaved. Since then other things have been starting to become useless including trying to use my landing craft, the options menu it self and loading screens are a complete static filled, visually stuttering, pain in the neck.

I tried turning off everything or setting it all to low in Graphics and Audio, I thought (briefly) that maybe it helped but I was wrong. 

I have everything in windows gaming mode turned off now, I dont run steam at all, and I turned off all the overlay stuff in GeForce Experience with no luck.

On 2018-09-29 at 8:44 PM, UlgrimUnpleasant said:

Just out of curiosity is everyone using Realtec Audio of some description? Pretty sure all the Asus mobo's use realtec chips for the sound, it could be the thing linking us all together.

Yes I have realtech as well...

hello hello guys im here with a potato 
gtx1050ti
i53330
8gbram
raptor hd 10rmp
sht set i know and since the mainline update come out i was realy bad fps on plains 25-30
i reduce settings and nothing happens

as i was trying things too the game being playeble i turn of dx 10 only dx11 on in the luncher
i got max settings in game and notece the my fps was stable down but stable no stuttring when turning so i got gpuparticles down and shadow too low and im locked at 60 fps
well 59 but  no more stuttring and fps seams stable 
u guys have god like pC  "1080s"  and 8 gen cpus  
try go max settings and turn off dx 10  
just dx 11 on is  the luncher  i almost certain it will fix ur problems

Edited by venon23

Add me to the list.
Ryzen 1600X 4ghz overclock on water cooling
32gb Trident Z 3ghz down-clocked to 2666mhz (cpu/board/ram combo can't handle it at full speed)
Asus Strix X370-F Gaming
GTX 980Ti Classified (EVGA)
OS on M.2 Intel 660p

this problem actually only began AFTER i did a fresh install of windows on the M.2 drive, it was previously on a Sata SSD on October 18th 2018
until this point, warframe was running without issue for about 8 months.
worth noting that the effect gets progressively worse the longer it has been since i last restarted my pc, on a fresh boot or restart, the problem goes away for about half an hour to an hour, then the stuttering begins to creep back and the mini-freezes every 3 seconds get steadily worse the longer i go without rebooting the pc entirely. even video capture has no effect on it and can record the effect easily. the attached youtube link was recorded using Mirillis Action!

is there any other information that anybody can think of that might be helpful that i can edit in later?

5 hours ago, PastaAdventures said:

These are the ones i killed

6rwlzOj.pngI3cRal4.png

oh dude i think it should probably be noted that this may well be a specific issue with asus's lighting controller having some sort of exploitable bs, if that process is running if i launch fortnite, their crappy anti-cheating software detects it and declares it a threat and won't launch the game till you kill the process.

Just wanted to share here that after using a combination of XTU (underclocking), Process Lasso (to give priority to warframe.exe) and Throttlestop (ticking disable prochot), my stuttering is pretty much gone.

My spec is pretty old though:

i3 4010u 1.8ghz

GT740m 2GB

4GB RAM

Warning: Do things at your own risk!

Edited by Aceslade

holy crap, I did it and it wasnt that lighting thingy (which I dont have even though I have a nice fancy looking keyboard).

All I did was switch from full screen to windowed, same resolution all settings on full blast.

Support told me to run optimize and verify after telling me (incorrectly) that I had corrupt files, both passed no problem and fairly quickly (because I had already done that). They also told me to delete some of the contents of a folder on my computer, DONT DO THIS, my monitor made a high pitched shrieking sound and Windows (much to my suprise and its credit) came up and told me it was switching me to a proper resolution and that the one Warframe had switched me to was invalid.

At that point Support stopped responding and I said "the hell with this" and decided to work my way backwards starting at the first thing I changed when I first installed Warframe. The first thing was switching to fullscreen as I had heard this was the faster way to go, when I switched to windowed I could FEEL the difference just in the settings screens, my mouse moved properly, the static was gone and so I gave it a shot. PoE worked smoothly just like it did when it first came out, full speed, full clear audio, no stuttering, no stopping for three seconds and then stuttering, it was (and is) perfect.

When I switched back to fullscreen BOOM I was back to total hell. 

I prefer full screen (when its not screwed) but I will take this over that crap anytime.

I can reproduce and prove this no problem.

On 2018-11-01 at 11:31 AM, MealeaYing said:

holy crap, I did it and it wasnt that lighting thingy (which I dont have even though I have a nice fancy looking keyboard).

All I did was switch from full screen to windowed, same resolution all settings on full blast.

Support told me to run optimize and verify after telling me (incorrectly) that I had corrupt files, both passed no problem and fairly quickly (because I had already done that). They also told me to delete some of the contents of a folder on my computer, DONT DO THIS, my monitor made a high pitched shrieking sound and Windows (much to my suprise and its credit) came up and told me it was switching me to a proper resolution and that the one Warframe had switched me to was invalid.

At that point Support stopped responding and I said "the hell with this" and decided to work my way backwards starting at the first thing I changed when I first installed Warframe. The first thing was switching to fullscreen as I had heard this was the faster way to go, when I switched to windowed I could FEEL the difference just in the settings screens, my mouse moved properly, the static was gone and so I gave it a shot. PoE worked smoothly just like it did when it first came out, full speed, full clear audio, no stuttering, no stopping for three seconds and then stuttering, it was (and is) perfect.

I prefer full screen (when its not screwed) but I will take this over that crap anytime.

they gave me the exact same copy/paste response they always do and i haven't heard from them in a week since. the problem  that at least a  couple of us seem to be experiencing is specifically caused by "LightingService" which is, if you are on an asus motherboard, Aura Sync. stopping this seems to fix it.

On 2018-11-02 at 12:31 AM, MealeaYing said:

Would you mind trying out these methods and see if it solve your fullscreen problem:

If you have Intel HD GPU or Nvidia Optimus (Intel HD + Geforce combo) go to Intel Graphic Properties -> Display -> Aspect Ratio -> Scaling -> Scale Full Screen -> tick Override

If you ONLY had Nvidia Geforce GPU onboard go straight to Nvidia Control Panel -> Display -> Adjust desktop size and position -> no scaling (try fullscreen as well if it didn't work)

Used to had a similar problem and this is what solved mine. Though upon updating to Windows 10 1809, this isn't necessary anymore.

On 2018-10-15 at 9:52 PM, MrHollyw00d said:

I've been having this exact same problem for a while and I refuse to play the game until I figure out what the issue is. I haven't been able to play since before chroma prime dropped. 

Asus Maximus X Code

i7 8700k 

NZXT Kraken x62

Gskill Tridentz 3200

Asus ROG 1080 ti 

Soundblaster AE5

My 1080 ti gets wicked coil whine only during warframe, and you even hear it pause for that split second the game itself stutters. So it has to be a driver/graphics card issue. All my other games run completely fine tho. FF15, Destiny 2, League, and 3dMArk stress tests get a 98-99% pass, no stutter or coil whine.

Almost same setup (different RAM and different 1080TI), I haad issues with the Realtek Audio drivers, try reinstalling them. Had those forking freezes for 1 sec every 3-4 sec. Reinstalled realtek audio, restarted pc, all good for now.

On 2018-11-03 at 2:42 AM, Aceslade said:

Would you mind trying out these methods and see if it solve your fullscreen problem:

If you have Intel HD GPU or Nvidia Optimus (Intel HD + Geforce combo) go to Intel Graphic Properties -> Display -> Aspect Ratio -> Scaling -> Scale Full Screen -> tick Override

If you ONLY had Nvidia Geforce GPU onboard go straight to Nvidia Control Panel -> Display -> Adjust desktop size and position -> no scaling (try fullscreen as well if it didn't work)

Used to had a similar problem and this is what solved mine. Though upon updating to Windows 10 1809, this isn't necessary anymore.

Im starting your process now, this could take a bit!