Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Survival Mode: Get Us Out Of Here!

Xylia

So earlier when I was doing survival, we got to about 24 minutes and we were starting to get overwhelmed when one of the group members says in chat "Let it run out before we get stomped!"

That got me to thinking...

Why isn't there a way we can call for an extraction without having to intentionally let the Oxygen run out?

You could add four control panels near where the Pod would normally be, and if the majority of the group clicks on the panels one-by-one, it starts a 60-second extraction timer. You can click on it to turn it off if you change your mind. If all of them are clicked, extraction happens instantly.

Any oxygen left on you when you are extracted could be added as bonus credits or something, like %x100 credits or something. If you extracted with 37% left, you'd get 3700 credits extra.

EDIT: Obviously you'd have to pass the point where you qualify for Mission Complete before you were permitted to use the Extraction terminal.

Edited by Xylia

I  think the game type needs a bit of a restructure as far as what is happening.  winning by running out of air is not exactly something i would expect a tenno to do, and suicide missions arent something they do either.  I think the distraction idea is better as you would be maybe sacrificing yourselves by fighting as long as possible in order to allow allied units to escape.  Maybe the larger context could be that the Lotus gave you instructions to act as a diversion for as long as possible in order to allow allies to escape an ambush, and rather than oxygen depleting its says how many of the tenno have escaped. 

Im not sure just some quick brainstorming

A means to request extraction would be amazing from the perspective of a player hoping to retain all the glorious loot (im still sad i didnt get my goodies from a 53 minute holdout, but w/e).  That said, from the perspective of a developer not wanting to give everything away, letting players into a new gametype where loot figuratively falls into their laps from everywhere, that would destroy any semblance of resource balance. No other mission would be worth playing if you're trying to get those last dozen plastids. Might as well do a "survival" and get enough to build 3 weapons in one run.  I'm not suggesting a change in the resource loot tables for survival, no.

I'd rather take this another direction. Make the Tenno earn that fantastic loot screen at the end.  I like the consoles suggestion where the players can request an extraction.  Lets add to it.  If the majority (or half, as per standard extraction rules) thinks they are about to be in too deep/wants the goody bag, each player gets one console to toggle to on/off. On means "get me out" , off means "corpus nom nom nom". Once they majority has requested the getaway plane, Lotus could respond with "They've detected our communications, and have increased their threat response. Things are too hot for the dropship to make a clean getaway, plant some explosives and obstruct the enemy's access paths.  With the tide stemmed, your escape will be all but guaranteed." or something similar.  Have the Tenno hit up 3-5 locations where the enemy spawns, do a hack or two at each one, then return to the "get me outta here" consoles to detonate the charges.  During this time, the enemy spawn rates are further increased, loot and energy drops are cut (the more charges planted, the less you get), and maybe an increase in enemy agression too (can't have snow globe single handedly carry this phase, MOAR MELEE MOAS!)  This would encourage teamwork (Yay!), communication, a little coordination, and probably transmogrify all blood streams into adrenaline streams. win-win-win-win.