Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha Warding Halo fatal flaw

DeathStalker1337

So I stress tested the new Nezha rework in Mot, and his kit works great, except for one thing.  His so called "immunity" upon ending the warding halo.  It says it should instantly make him invincible for a brief period, but I noticed that this isn't necessarily true.  Apparently, the explosion of the halo takes precedence over his invincibility, which leads to him feeling a LOT squishier at higher levels than I think he was intended for.  This is easy to replicate, simply try rezzing teammates at low health in Mot at 20 minutes with your halo up and no Sanctuary mod on your sentinel.  You will notice you instantly die as soon as halo ends before the explosion can even finish 99% of the time. Is this intentional?  I don't see how it would be considering that Pablo emphasized the "safe" casting aspect of Warding Halo.  So can we get this fixed? 

I have faced this issue once during sortie 3. I was confused at that time as I was instantly changing from having warding halo to death. However I am not sure what is the damage source at that time that can instant kill me through the 90% damage mitigation.

I have tried to reproduce this in simulacrum, unsuccessful thus far. Maybe really need to bring it to real map to test it out.

Really hope they can make the simulacrum will always have the same results and effects just like in the real map, it makes the testing aspect a hell lot easier...

it's easy to test with a single corpus warden (lvl 130 for my test). with a moderate shield (just shy of 3k) it's gone in 2 hits, but the catch is, the first hit will take you to ~900 left on the halo, and deal ~200 damage (all my shields and a little bit of health), but the second shot, when I run out of halo, kills every time, with a vitality, and full health and shields (>1k, armor aside since I don't know if it effects the pass through damage).

edit: after some more testing, self damage weapons like lenz or penta can do it as well as anything, and its a problem of overkill from the shot that destroys the halo being passed through unmitigated. (there may also be a window for other shots during the fire nova, but that is harder to test)

Edited by Soul1355

yeah, it's hard enough even when it does work, the period is so short that just something like a poorly timed hard landing could be fatal... at least there's some way to deal with that though, not much worse than when you escape a bad situation to find your halo at 17, 'cause you're basically dead unless there's a pit somewhere for you to deliberately throw yourself in, which of course has its own problems...