Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Mind Control Tweak

Fionntan

Me and a friend had been talking about how useful MC would be if it were not for the fact that it gets killed by teammates too soon. So I wanted to throw this suggestion out there for Mind Control: "Just give it invincibility [MC target] to your teammates. Heavy units survive long enough to deal with other enemies. [Only Nyx and other enemies can do damage to the MC target]"

Also reducing damage to MC target against teammates won't do, for the fact that weapons can out right damage at high numbers. 

"This is just a buff to make it so MC can actually be used to it's fullest."
Edited by Fionntan

All I want from MC is that it work correctly with the powers of the target, for example if I mind control a shield osprey I want it to stop boosting the corpus and help my team instead. There's a bunch of cool stuff you could do with MC if it worked right.

Edited by CubedOobleck

MC seems perfect to me... Nyx has a huge energy pool, and if you cast it on Ancients/Large Enemies, they last quite a while, the only problem is when you use it on grunts. They die in fire very quickly. 

Even 130 lvl Ancients/Large Enemies go down fast by teammates (from a t3 defense). Granted, the smaller fries that are MC'd do go down just as fast so that I agree upon. 

All I want from MC is that it work correctly with the powers of the target, for example if I mind control a shield osprey I want it to stop boosting the corpus and help my

team instead. There's a bunch of cool stuff you could do with MC if it worked right.

Yes MC can be interesting thing to experiment on small units. Still, I'd rather have Chaos take care of that since it affect everyone else near the aoe.

Edited by Fionntan

Yes MC can be interesting thing to experiment on small units. Still, I'd rather have Chaos take care of that since it affect everyone else near the aoe.

But here's the subtle difference between MC and Chaos, the first turns an enemy in an friend, the second just makes the enemies go berserk: you would expect a friendly shield osprey to buff your shields, while a berserk shield osprey should just stop buffing because it wants everything to die.

Reducing/removing allied damage on MC'd enemies removes one of MC's uses.

Its just as effective as getting an ally as it is for focusing fire on heavy units.

If you mean using MC as a sort of means to stop the hostility on allies, that's understandable. However, it wouldn't hurt to have an additional ally in the 4 tenno team set up to hold off others since MC only affect one per target till it dies. Hence, Chaos can work efficiently in a full room enemies to cease the damage on allies and let the MC target of choice go Rambo for you, thus reducing the work to you and others. 

But here's the subtle difference between MC and Chaos, the first turns an enemy in an friend, the second just makes the enemies go berserk: you would expect a friendly shield osprey to buff your shields, while a berserk shield osprey should just stop buffing because it wants everything to die.

I haven't notice if the shield osprey stops protecting and goes all offensive. If not it would be nice to have it as means to flip the tables in favor.

Edit: To clarify this is simply a nice touch to add to MC. By no means implying it is useless at all, just not reaping the full effects atm is all.

Edited by Fionntan

MC doesnt need any change in mechanics department.

Only change that i would made to MC is this: MCed targets gets some clearly visible sign over their head so teammates can distinguish it from rest of the mobs. That would help alot and teammates could know when you MCed something. Could work also on Trinitys EV.

MC doesnt need any change in mechanics department.

Only change that i would made to MC is this: MCed targets gets some clearly visible sign over their head so teammates can distinguish it from rest of the mobs. That would help alot and teammates could know when you MCed something. Could work also on Trinitys EV.

As an offering to an alternative change, I'd be fine with a tag on the MC over there heads...just going to have to coach new to Nyx not to kill the ally marked... so feels like a band-aid. :/  But hey maybe it could work out.