Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rethink Syndicate Medallions

BiasVoltage

Ignore them or love them, for me these little collectibles are a welcome addition to missions. Especially Spy, Ex or Sabotage where I usually solo, but even more in defense or intercept missions due to the relatively small map size. And therein lies the problem I'm having more often than not.

Defense and especially interception I'd rather not attempt solo. So I enter a public room. Upon entering the host already picked up half the medallions without waiting for the squad to fill up. These are essentially lost as they can not be picked up by players joining in later.

What I'd like to see is either:

• let everyone pick them up, regardless of whether or not other players picked them up earlier.
  • make them squad-wide pickups that don't land in your inventory until the mission is finished. Similar to Warframe parts from boss battles.
  • remove them altogether or replace them with something.
  • add the option to form a squad without starting the mission. Similar to how it works when the matchmaking algorith s*** itself and forgets what mission you wanted to start - only that it actually knows this time and groups you with players who want to play the same mission.

If any of you have additional ideas or suggestions I might add them.

Fly Safe.

All in all, I think this is a minor inconvenience. The "endless" type of missions already offer more syndicate affinity than non-endless types and -with the exception of two maps if I'm not mistaken- do not offer medallions. I see it as a type of trade-off, although not something that changes the situation in any significant way. Whenever one of those maps are on offer, there is always the option to start over if you see that squadmates already picked up all/most of the medallions, and one can do so right away without losing too much time.

My wish would be for all syndicate missions to spawn medallions, even if they offered a bit less in direct affinity gained. That's because I prefer to "store" syndicate affinity for future opportunities e.g. whenever a new Prime frame/weapon etc. is released and drops through new relics. This way I can spend all the affinity I have on my syndicate(s) of choice and then even more than that with all the stored medallions. So I'm definitely against the idea of having medallions disappear.

I'm not against the idea of medallions being "squad drops" i.e. something found and picked up by one member and then awarded to everyone. The problem with that is it may cause arguments between players on the management of such drops. Whenever different "roles" are assigned or undertaken by different squad members things can go wrong. Sometimes.

My main gripe is "fairness". That's what I'm trying to achieve by making those suggestions.  And all of them are valid for all mission types. If you don't want to run that mDef or Sabo solo and join a squad you shouldn't be at a disadvantage simply because you joined later.